Sam Smith covers “Human Nature”

Brendanlovesu1

11 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

You cant make other people see you as you see yourself. Thats, by definiton, narcissism.

We accuse world leaders and politicians of tyranny when they do the same.

You cannot self-identify.

And no one has to participate in your vain, adolescent fantasy that youre a woman just because you say you are.

Easy to say that when you dont bleed once a month or reduce women to being “a feeling”.

I will not do that.

You are sounding transphobic now.

4 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

You cant make other people see you as you see yourself. Thats, by definiton, narcissism.

We accuse world leaders and politicians of tyranny when they do the same.

You cannot self-identify.

And no one has to participate in your vain, adolescent fantasy that youre a woman just because you say you are.

Easy to say that when you dont bleed once a month or reduce women to being “a feeling”.

I will not do that.

Not all biological women bleed once a month some never do for whatever reason, no need to reduce a woman down to a biological function.

Speaking of biology, is that the litmus test here? If so there is no gene or biology that accounts for sexaulity. So then what makes a person Gay? It isn't biology, so what else is it? You identify as Gay or Straight or Bi and what, I am supposed to just buy into your identity, where is the biological proof. 

This is why Gay conversion therapy exists because people don't believe Gay people are really Gay just confused Heterosexuals. It's a slippery and dangerous slope when you speak of identity. Sexuality is literally identity and it is based off how you feel. Not any science based biology, yet you are free to identify however you want. 

23 minutes ago, me1981 said:

Lots of people identify as non binary. It is how they choose to see themselves. It doesn't take much to respect that. Many thought being gay was a mental illness too. It was only deregistered in the 1970's. 

I would never go out if my way in person to argue what people want to go by.

I would just ask their name and refer to them by that.

I know numerous people who identify as non binary and I slip up sometimes as it has taken me time to get used to using correct pronouns etc. None of them have ever been offended or demanding about it at all.

I can honestly say too each and every one of them I can see how that definition applies to them as they are not obviously male nor female and a label as such would be limiting .

Perhaps there was a period where some young people were leaping on the bandwagon as a fad but I feel that time came and went for the most part. It is not as it a large percentage of young people are all suddenly claiming to be non binary. I cannot understand the hysteria around it from people but I suppose it has been amplified by the media and conspiracy loons have also taken hold of the topic and turned it into something it isn’t.

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

I know numerous people who identify as non binary and I slip up sometimes as it has taken me time to get used to using correct pronouns etc. None of them have ever been offended or demanding about it at all.

I can honestly say too each and every one of them I can see how that definition applies to them as they are not obviously male nor female and a label as such would be limiting .

Perhaps there was a period where some young people were leaping on the bandwagon as a fad but I feel that time came and went for the most part. It is not as it a large percentage of young people are all suddenly claiming to be non binary. I cannot understand the hysteria around it from people but I suppose it has been amplified by the media and conspiracy loons have also taken hold of the topic and turned it into something it isn’t.

Same, have never had a problem with anyone who is non-binary when I have forgotten, and as I said even Sam Smith said they won't get angry if people use he/him but they don't identify that way and it isn't hard to respect that. It is a monority of people and isn't some fad. I agree some people may have jumped on sort of like sicktok when there were a few people faking mental health issues, but I again agree I think that time has passed. 

2 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

There’s a reason so many heteros think being gay is a mental illness.

Heteros were thinking that being gay is a mental illness way before some people wanted to be called "they/them"

2 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

I couldn’t be a more accepting person, but we are all only one person.

Thats my own personal opinion. Sorry if I am not conforming to how people want me to be (like Sam Smith).

No one said they're 10 people hun, they use the pronouns "they/them" cause they don't want society to define their sexuality and how they should express it.

People who get mad to people that use the "they/them" pronouns are so odd, you can ignore them and not talk to them, or about them, if you disagree, no one forced you to be friends with them.

And the excuses they use are weak, they sound like they people who will call a short person "short ass" and then act like they didn't insult him cause he is indeed short.

• Jackie locked this topic