Will she allow phones this time?

Will there be a phone ban for The Celebration Tour?

Before you say the idea is absurd, I’ve seen it be done successfully at other arena shows (for stand up comedy). And we know she has certainly started to take a bit more control of her image lately via social media and what not.

We didn’t find out until last minute about the Madame X phone ban. Do you think she’s gonna do this again?

6 hours ago, Jackie said:

Yea, I don't think it'll happen, far to hard to control- although there is time to do it, I mean, she won't be on stage till 11/11:30pm :P

I think you're on to something here. Maybe she comes on so late hoping most people's phone battery will have died. 

madonna laughing GIF

I think with MX was due to the settings. In a theatre  someone could easily record the whole thing with a decent sound if they wanted to. They already had deals to do the film about it. And at the time the ticket prices were considered extortionate. Leaking of the show would have damaged sales. But this is a total different take with tickets selling everywhere really fast. The recordings would create more publicity than damage. Because of the size of the events there won't be high quality recordings anyway.

Yondr cases are used in almost all comedians arena tours. Chris Rock. Amy Shumer. Dave Chapelle. They all used Yondr. The reason is because they usually have streaming deals with Netflix/Hulu/Amazon and they don't want their show fully available by some bootleg video on Youtube months before it debuts on their platform. It's possible to use Yondr cases in large spaces like arenas and do it efficiently. I've seen it first-hand with the examples above. Having said that, I've never seen it done in an arena for a musical act. If she was doing it for this tour she would have disclosed it up front I'm guessing.

While I’d love to snap a few photos, I’m honestly not bothered… the worst thing to happen at a gig is when you’re surrounded by a sea of phones and you can’t actually see the artist. Tori Amos in Edinburgh this year was a bit like that during the encore… having to watch through other peoples electronics is somewhat frustrating.

I highly doubt they will use those Yondr cases this time. Plenty of the latest big tours from mainstream acts in arenas and stadiums have tons of phone footage all over youtube. As @EgoRodsaid, The Madame X theater tour was a very different and specific situation.

Edited by VogueMusic
Edited (see edit history)

I don't know of any arena or stadium concerts now that reinforced the yondr phone storage. Its too much work. Jack White did it for his recent tour, but he only played in small venues so it was doable. Madame X was a sit down theatre production, so they wanted to treat it like a Broadway show in which filming is strictly prohibited. 

6 hours ago, DJ N A said:

Yondr cases are used in almost all comedians arena tours. Chris Rock. Amy Shumer. Dave Chapelle. They all used Yondr. The reason is because they usually have streaming deals with Netflix/Hulu/Amazon and they don't want their show fully available by some bootleg video on Youtube months before it debuts on their platform.

it's also because comedians use the same material and the same jokes on tour, and this might ruin the jokes and the spontaneity people expect... with a music tour, people know the same show is performed every night.