Papa Wants the Best for You

teammadonna

It's funny he took the opportunity to do this song and video after Papa don't preach, especially after reading what he said in 2013 in an interview : http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-fr/2013/02/22/danny-aiello-travailler-avec-madonna-a-ete-une-experience-horrible/

I translate :

February 22, 2013 News

Danny Aiello: Working with Madonna was a horrible experience

Danny Aiello, the actor who played Madonna's father in the video for "Dad Don't Preach", was interviewed by US radio station Fresh 102.7 .
And when the subject Madonna comes on the carpet, he responds with as much pretension, confusion, as bad faith.

In detail, transcribed and translated by Madonnarama…

It was my daughter who made me do it.
Personally, I didn't want to do it, because I don't make videos, but my daughter Stacy loved it and asked me to participate.

Working with Madonna was a horrible experience.
I didn't want to do it.
It was Sean Penn who asked me that as a favor, because Madonna herself asked him.
I didn't know her personally, but Sean asked me, “Would you like to play the role of her father? ".
I told him that I didn't do music videos, I'm a serious actor.

Then I returned home.
At the time, I didn't even know who Madonna was, to be perfectly honest.
Stacy said to me, “Dad, it's Madonna… oh my god! So
I called and said I was okay with being in the video.
They paid me 450 dollars, which I immediately returned to them… I felt that I had to return this money in order to keep some credibility as an actor and to convey the message: I am an actor who does not of video clips.
At that point, I said “It works, provided my daughter is present on the set, and can take pictures. »

Afterwards, as soon as she arrived on set, my daughter expected to be able to take pictures, but Madonna told her “Not right away. My
daughter resented her for that and hated her.
Yet she still loves him today.

Musically, it's not so bad what she does.
She hasn't changed too much, although I think she was a better singer when she started.
I think everything has become too organized around her, in terms of provocations.

She was very cool with me.
Kind of like a father/daughter relationship.

'It was my daughter who made me do it.
Personally, I didn't want to do it, because I don't make videos,"

But then I go and made a music video myself trying to imitate the vibe of 'Papa don't preach' and have a Daryl Hannah lookalike wearing a pixie wig and Madonna's clothes

This is funny:

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

What is with the Madonna lookalike in this video? Is that meant to be her?

TRULY embarrassing.

What are you talking about ?! This is Madonna ! How could you not recognize the godes she is ! Awwwwd so sweet of her to have made an appearance in his video 💖Screenshot_20230501_165826.thumb.jpg.329f105bc39723046e8d1fd4fbe3686a.jpg

1 hour ago, Redha DBL said:

What are you talking about ?! This is Madonna ! How could you not recognize the godes she is ! Awwwwd so sweet of her to have made an appearance in his video 💖Screenshot_20230501_165826.thumb.jpg.329f105bc39723046e8d1fd4fbe3686a.jpg

That neck line and shoulders are like a Garbage Pail Kid version of Madonna

https://imgur.com/boqdiBj

5 hours ago, Niagara31 said:

5 hours ago, Niagara31 said:

So it was horrible or she was cool, that doesn't make sense 

6 hours ago, Niagara31 said:

She hasn't changed too much, although I think she was a better singer when she started.
I think everything has become too organized around her, in terms of provocations.

When you literally know nothing about artist you worked with :Madonna049:

6 hours ago, Niagara31 said:

They paid me 450 dollars, which I immediately returned to them… I felt that I had to return this money in order to keep some credibility as an actor and to convey the message: I am an actor who does not of video clips.
At that point, I said “It works, provided my daughter is present on the set, and can take pictures. »

Afterwards, as soon as she arrived on set, my daughter expected to be able to take pictures, but Madonna told her “Not right away. My

Reading this pretentious (and ignorant, but let's not) rant, you'd expect this man to be some legendary actor who revolutioned the movie industry forever. But then... Yikes. 

I believe this is more about how he and his daughter was treated when he did Papa Don't Preach.  If I recall, he did the video because his daughter wanted him to do it, and she wanted to be on the set to meet Madonna.  I believe Madonna refused to let his daughter on the set and so the animosity in motion.

People can hate on him for expressing his thoughts on Madonna, but he is a great and respected actor.  A response video like this is definitely beneath him.  He didn't have to do this and probably should have passed on the idea when it was suggested to him.

9 hours ago, Niagara31 said:

It's funny he took the opportunity to do this song and video after Papa don't preach, especially after reading what he said in 2013 in an interview : http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-fr/2013/02/22/danny-aiello-travailler-avec-madonna-a-ete-une-experience-horrible/

I translate :

February 22, 2013 News

Danny Aiello: Working with Madonna was a horrible experience

Danny Aiello, the actor who played Madonna's father in the video for "Dad Don't Preach", was interviewed by US radio station Fresh 102.7 .
And when the subject Madonna comes on the carpet, he responds with as much pretension, confusion, as bad faith.

In detail, transcribed and translated by Madonnarama…

It was my daughter who made me do it.
Personally, I didn't want to do it, because I don't make videos, but my daughter Stacy loved it and asked me to participate.

I didn't want to do it.
It was Sean Penn who asked me that as a favor, because Madonna herself asked him.
I didn't know her personally, but Sean asked me, “Would you like to play the role of her father? ".
I told him that I didn't do music videos, I'm a serious actor.

Then I returned home.
At the time, I didn't even know who Madonna was, to be perfectly honest.

I TRULY and STUDLY appreciate you sharing this rare information with us! TRULY Thank you so much!!

5 hours ago, tscott said:

A video like this is definitely beneath him.  He didn't have to do this and probably should have passed on the idea when it was suggested to him.

And then they would have found someone else and it would have made no difference to the video/song. At this point he should be proud to be part of an iconic video in pop culture but instead he still has an attitude around it and comes across as a bit of a douche. You don't hear Keanu Reeves whine about the arduous task of appearing in a Paula Abdul video. This guy is obviously bitter that he still gets asked about this because it unexpectedly became a notable thing in his career.

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

And then they would have found someone else and it would have made no difference to the video/song. At this point he should be proud to be part of an iconic video in pop culture but instead he still has an attitude around it and comes across as a bit of a douche. You don't hear Keanu Reeves whine about the arduous task of appearing in a Paula Abdul video.

I'm unaware of Keanu saying anything negative about Paula or regretting being in that video.  Not sure how that really relates here?

Danny did Papa Don't Preach as a favor to his daughter as she was a fan.  He had no idea who Madonna was at the time.  He agreed to do the video as long as his daughter could be on the set, but I guess Madonna refused to let her on the set and since then, both he and her daughter has hated her.  His response video may seem like a douche thing to do, but I can understand why he may felt the way he did.  

11 hours ago, EgoRod said:

That neck line and shoulders are like a Garbage Pail Kid version of Madonna

https://imgur.com/boqdiBj

I would recognize Madonna from the back in a crowded room and i can tell you this is Madonna. That feminine dancer back and neck can't be anyone else but her, and her iconic 'Marilyn 1987 blond cut had often been imitated but everytime it wasn't as cool as Madonna, and this is 100% the real deal i tell you Screenshot_20230502_062237.thumb.jpg.93698170eab18ff0f72429ec02545a6b.jpg

5 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

Danny passed away years ago.

Why are we even discussing this?

It's a discussion about his work and his legacy as an actor. In this case about working with Madonna, his experience about it and his personal take/response to it.

Being dead doesn't exclude you for you work and what you did being exempted from critic,.