Papa Wants the Best for You

teammadonna

Can't believe we've been living 35 years without knowing there was a sequel to "Papa don't preach" !! I'll never understand why she didn't include it on the Immaculate collection ! Now i really hope she at least makes an interlude of "Papa wants the best for you" on the Celebration Tour !!! I wonder if they used some outtakes from the PPDP video shoot or if she put back her iconic costume and went on the shooting to make the cameo ??! Someone should make a continuous mix of PPDP and that track, that would be epic !!!

14 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

I would recognize Madonna from the back in a crowded room and i can tell you this is Madonna. That feminine dancer back and neck can't be anyone else but her, and her iconic 'Marilyn 1987 blond cut had often been imitated but everytime it wasn't as cool as Madonna, and this is 100% the real deal i tell you Screenshot_20230502_062237.thumb.jpg.93698170eab18ff0f72429ec02545a6b.jpg

awkward queen of pop GIF

10 hours ago, EgoRod said:

It's a discussion about his work and his legacy as an actor. In this case about working with Madonna, his experience about it and his personal take/response to it.

Being dead doesn't exclude you for you work and what you did being exempted from critic,.

I wasn’t referring to those posts, but ok.

8 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Do you think after someone dies they should never be discussed again?

Again, I’m referring to the people complaining about Danny talking smack back and forth as if he were still alive.

it’s all about context but next time I will write a really long post explaining that as to not trip up a few members here.

16 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

Can't believe we've been living 35 years without knowing there was a sequel to "Papa don't preach" !! I'll never understand why she didn't include it on the Immaculate collection ! Now i really hope she at least makes an interlude of "Papa wants the best for you" on the Celebration Tour !!! I wonder if they used some outtakes from the PPDP video shoot or if she put back her iconic costume and went on the shooting to make the cameo ??! Someone should make a continuous mix of PPDP and that track, that would be epic !!!

Do you think she might mash it half way with 'She's not me"?

On 5/2/2023 at 1:07 AM, teammadonna said:

Thank you! I Know right? I was TRULY and STUDLY happy to know this not too long ago!! 

I was not mean saying it, it's the opposite, I knew about it just 3 years ago because a friend sent me a link to the video, i was kinda shocked because nowhere it was mentionned about it, "a sequel to Papa don't preach"!! And if that one friend didn't tell me, I would discover it today with your post.  :kissy:

On 5/2/2023 at 4:49 PM, Redha DBL said:

It's not exactly the same tshirt, and it's not Madonna, the proof is in the video, "Papa" thinks it's her, and when she turns around, he sees it's not her..

But here's a mix and video I made few years ago using some scenes from "papa want's the best for you"

On 5/2/2023 at 3:49 PM, Redha DBL said:

What was a sequel to Papa Don't Preach? 

On 5/4/2023 at 12:24 AM, Niagara31 said:

It's not exactly the same tshirt, and it's not Madonna, the proof is in the video, "Papa" thinks it's her, and when she turns around, he sees it's not her..

But here's a mix and video I made few years ago using some scenes from "papa want's the best for you"

Wow this is absolutely amazing !!! The story flows so well and is really clear !!! This is a real improvement !!! You've done an amazing job, i'm really impressed. Thank you very much this is a gem.

You know, this is actually way better than expected.  Maybe not better, but I thought that they would have just changed some words and sang something over a karaoke version of Papa Don't Preach.  But this has actual production values, and they did their best with continuity, down to the stuffed Pink Panther, lol!

I do think there was a huge missed opportunity around the 3:15 point where Mr. Aiello is standing on the dark rooftop where he could have flung the overcoat off to reveal himself to be wearing a black bustier, only to bust into the Papa Don't Preach dance from the original video.  Alas, missed opportunities...