Intervention meaning

8 minutes ago, tscott said:

I thought this was quite known... the song is about Rocco...The song expresses her care for her son and how life is a tricky balance that we all practice but it can be constructed often when there is a lack of this.

I TRULY think so too. The baby is literally her son Rocco. And the song is TRULY about love him.

20 minutes ago, nikolica said:

I remember whem AL was released I read in an interview that love Profusion, Intervention & X-Static Process are about Guy. But than after the Tears of The Clown... about Rockco... IDK

It's been long known since the release of the album as a song about Rocco.  Again, I thought this was wildly known among the fan base?  She also said in an interview "I Deserve it" could be about Rocco, but it's been speculated to be about Guy as well.  She also had dedicated "I Deserve It" to Guy when performing it once in London. 

It's been long known since the release of the album as a song about Rocco.  Again, I thought this was wildly known among the fan base.  She also said in an interview "I Deserve it" could be about Rocco, but it's been speculated to be about Guy as well.

But "Nothing Fails", along with tracks "Intervention" and "X-Static Process," became the centerpiece of the album as a triptych of love songs for Ritchie.[4]

Wiki says its about Guy. And in my opinion, considering the theme of the whole album it might be about both of them... 

Just now, nikolica said:

But "Nothing Fails", along with tracks "Intervention" and "X-Static Process," became the centerpiece of the album as a triptych of love songs for Ritchie.[4]

Wiki says its about Guy. And in my opinion, considering the theme of the whole album it might be about both of them... 

I definitely can see the connection with Guy.  Though, she's been known to write songs inspired by multiple people and experiences that may or may not relate to the people in her life at the time.  I just recall that Intervention was widely known by the fan base as a song about Rocco and I Deserve it was more about Guy.  But it's possible those songs could have been written with multiple people in mind.

9 minutes ago, nikolica said:

Anyone can edit wikipedia.

I definitely can see the connection with Guy.  Though, she's been known to write songs inspired by multiple people and experiences that may or may not relate to the people in her life at the time.  I just recall that Intervention was widely known by the fan base as a song about Rocco and I Deserve it was more about Guy.  But it's possible those songs could have been written with multiple people in mind.

I totally agree, so sometimes when they asked her about it she said one thing and the other time, said the other thing... And, since we are at the topic, is Superstar from MDNA about Rocco or someone else? Maybe you know someting...

15 minutes ago, nikolica said:

I totally agree, so sometimes when they asked her about it she said one thing and the other time, said the other thing... And, since we are at the topic, is Superstar from MDNA about Rocco or someone else? Maybe you know someting...

I believe this song is more about a  lover.  Maybe someone she's recently dated or possibly written in general.  The only connection with her children here is that her daughter is credited as doing backing vocals on this. 

1 hour ago, nikolica said:

I doubt Nothing Fails is about him because the song wasn't even written by M.... dedicated to him, sure, it's possible.... written about him, no

6 hours ago, tscott said:

It's been long known since the release of the album as a song about Rocco.  Again, I thought this was wildly known among the fan base?  She also said in an interview "I Deserve it" could be about Rocco, but it's been speculated to be about Guy as well.  She also had dedicated "I Deserve It" to Guy when performing it once in London. 

🍿 

I always thought most part of the 'love' songs of the era were related to Guy.

But she 'relocate' the meaning towards Rocco, after. Rocco still being a fruit of the love between them after all.

As a creative she can be inspired or motivated but those feelings are permutable . They don't have a single meaning, they are feelings after all. That's why people relate to music and songs, because they connect and make sense to others.

8 hours ago, Honey Little said:

What is the meaning to you of this gorgeous song?

To me I picture a story of a woman trying to save her child, little brother/sister or lover from drug addiction, always have pictured this. Especially with the beginning guitar 🎸 sample of Red Hot Chili Peppers. 

35 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

To me I picture a story of a woman trying to save her child, little brother/sister or lover from drug addiction, always have pictured this. Especially with the beginning guitar 🎸 sample of Red Hot Chili Peppers. 

Are you referring to 'Under the Bridge' cos it is different. Mirwais plays guitar and I'm pretty sure he wrote this himself.

11 hours ago, tscott said:

I believe this song is more about a  lover.  Maybe someone she's recently dated or possibly written in general.  The only connection with her children here is that her daughter is credited as doing backing vocals on this. 

Yeah, I dont remember who was her lover at that time, but it slounds like that... because otherwise it would be strange if it was for Rocco with all nentions of bad boys, and car keys and massage hahahaha... stupid little song haah

I always thought it was about her miscarriage. A medical or perhaps even a religious intervention in her pregnancy personally. 

The lyrics read like she’s speaking to a child she lost and then when she gets to the bridge she’s acknowledging how quickly life can change and then she’s speaking to herself again like“come on M it’s a brand new day you need to snap out of it life goes on ”

Love will keep us together feels like a way of saying the love I felt for you is the only connection we have now you’re gone. 

That’s always been my take on it. I had a cousin lose a child a couple of years later and the song came on one day when I was thinking about the situation and it sort of seemed incredibly relevant to that situation. 

Wasn’t she said to be having issues with conceiving around that time? It’s four years after Roccos conception no?