Intervention meaning

14 hours ago, tscott said:

It's been long known since the release of the album as a song about Rocco.  Again, I thought this was wildly known among the fan base?  She also said in an interview "I Deserve it" could be about Rocco, but it's been speculated to be about Guy as well.  She also had dedicated "I Deserve It" to Guy when performing it once in London. 

Since when was it ever wildly known that Intervention was about Rocco? I don’t recall that ever being said or confirmed back in the day. Hypothesized, but the song originated from the Music sessions before Rocco was born.

in The Face magazine, she called “I deserve It,” an “I love you but fuck you song.” It’s about guy.

14 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Since when was it ever wildly known that Intervention was about Rocco? I don’t recall that ever being said or confirmed back in the day. Hypothesized, but the song originated from the Music sessions before Rocco was born.

in The Face magazine, she called “I deserve It,” an “I love you but fuck you song.” It’s about guy.

It's the song she sang to Rocco during all the 2016 legal custody drama they had then:

https://people.com/celebrity/madonna-dedicates-intervention-to-rocco-during-australian-concert/

Maybe it started as a love song to Guy on the "Music" album sessions but the final "AL" version is surely for Rocco, just like Lola got "Little Star" on the "Ray Of Light" album.

It´s an amazing song, I think its inspired by Rocco but could be aplied to many loving relationships. I remember when that cd came many named that one of the best from the whole album as it was one of the few very uplifting and positive. It´s really beautiful and quite different from all the rest of Madonna´s songs.

The song "Intervention" is definitely dedicated to Rocco because of the motherly lyrics in it. I can't believe some people think it's dedicated to Guy.:lol:

"I got to teach him how to fly. I want to take him higher Way up like a bird in the sky" Talks about a mother's wishes to teach her son to fend for himself in life and to make him a successful man.

"Sometimes it's such a pleasure Sometimes I wanna tear it all down It's easy to be lazy And hard to go away from the crowd" Here she talks about motherhood and recognizes that sometimes she may lose patience or get carried away by a bad mood due to all that caring for a baby implies, but she also recognizes that this is nothing compared to escaping from her fans and photographers.

And the song "I deserve it" is clearly dedicated to Guy. It's not for nothing that she uses the word "guy" in almost the entire song.

Reading comprehension was my favorite course in school and I certainly see how important it is when I see so many people who don't understand things that are so obvious.

Anyhow, I love the song. It’s so pretty, elegant and interesting. It’s one of my favorites from the 2000s.

I am very happy that I don’t think about her personal life when listening to it. (No offense to those that think of Madonna’s personal life when listening to her music.)

It’s more of like a mini-movie to me. About a character. 

19 hours ago, Honey Little said:

I don’t think about her personal life when listening to it. (No offense to those that think of Madonna’s personal life when listening to her music.)

It’s more of like a mini-movie to me. About a character. 

YES.

Well that's exactly the point of pop music, and art in general. There is the message the artist releases with its own meaning, and there is the feeling aroused in the person in the audience (or the museum, or the library, whatever) and their interpretation of what they are witnessing. It's not a one-way thing. Perception is key.

Sometimes it obvious and stupid, sometimes it's subtle and it goes to an unexpected place. M has always been good at that.

22 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

The song "Intervention" is definitely dedicated to Rocco because of the motherly lyrics in it. I can't believe some people think it's dedicated to Guy.:lol:

"I got to teach him how to fly. I want to take him higher Way up like a bird in the sky" Talks about a mother's wishes to teach her son to fend for himself in life and to make him a successful man.

"Sometimes it's such a pleasure Sometimes I wanna tear it all down It's easy to be lazy And hard to go away from the crowd" Here she talks about motherhood and recognizes that sometimes she may lose patience or get carried away by a bad mood due to all that caring for a baby implies, but she also recognizes that this is nothing compared to escaping from her fans and photographers.

And the song "I deserve it" is clearly dedicated to Guy. It's not for nothing that she uses the word "guy" in almost the entire song.

Reading comprehension was my favorite course in school and I certainly see how important it is when I see so many people who don't understand things that are so obvious.

Art is open to interpretation. I don’t think reading comprehension has anything to do with how a song lyric is received. Madonna herself has been quite vocally opposed to literalism. Writing a song is rarely about one particular thing. There are layers and nuance. 

She dedicated it  to Rocco when they were in a hard time,  that doesn't mean it's written for him.  It's just a love song with an empowering message.

This reminds me of when some say  Inside Of Me  is dedicated to her mother.  Maybe it started thinking about the loss of her,  but oh my, who dedicates to a mother a song so sexy and orgasmic?  :Madonna049:

On 5/5/2023 at 11:45 AM, like a light said:

She dedicated it  to Rocco when they were in a hard time,  that doesn't mean it's written for him.  It's just a love song with an empowering message.

This reminds me of when some say  Inside Of Me  is dedicated to her mother.  Maybe it started thinking about the loss of her,  but oh my, who dedicates to a mother a song so sexy and orgasmic?  :Madonna049:

She does sing it in a very angelic-childlike voice tho, and the lyrics arn't very sexy...

So...if the song is about protecting, loving, nurturing and teaching her 'baby' as a mother.

Why in earth the name of the song is Intervention? Intervention in a relationship or in someone you love, someone you want to help, save or bring into a safe path.

Why is not about meeting someone lost, loveless, cold, angry and make an intervention to show them a way with love, empathy and connection?

I got to save my baby
Because he makes me cry
I got to make him happy
I got to teach him how to fly

Sometimes it's such a pleasure
Sometimes I want to tear it all down
It's easy to be lazy
And hard to go away from the crowd

And the fact she talks how things can change in life and love is what keeps us together..

On 5/3/2023 at 3:10 PM, Alibaba said:

Art is open to interpretation. I don’t think reading comprehension has anything to do with how a song lyric is received. Madonna herself has been quite vocally opposed to literalism. Writing a song is rarely about one particular thing. There are layers and nuance. 

I believe that reading comprehension does have a lot to do with it, since the lyrics of the songs are finally sentences with a complete meaning and that, all put together, tell us about certain realities or situations, thus avoiding wrong or crazy interpretations, mostly due to the poor or deficient vocabulary of those who interpret them.

That is why I am sure that Intervention is a song about the role of a mother in raising a child and how decisive this will be in their formation and in their personality. For example, "In the blink of an eye everything could change Say hello to your life now your living" refers to those women who affirm that it is the precise moment of the birth of their child that totally changes their lives and they are no longer the same as before, even those pregnant women who for some reason They are not totally excited about being mothers or because they believe that a child will no longer allow them to continue leading the superficial and frivolous life that they like so much.

In any case, perhaps the ideal would be to ask the meaning of Intervention to that famous artificial intelligence program that knows everything and is mentioned so much in this forum. Perhaps if we ask this program about the song "I love New York" it will tell us that it is not a song about the city but about a state of mind.:lol:

On 5/1/2023 at 11:29 PM, nikolica said:

But "Nothing Fails", along with tracks "Intervention" and "X-Static Process," became the centerpiece of the album as a triptych of love songs for Ritchie.[4]

Wiki says its about Guy. And in my opinion, considering the theme of the whole album it might be about both of them... 

Its about Rocco.  "I got to save my baby..."

https://nypost.com/2000/08/16/madonnas-baby-is-in-intensive-care-at-l-a-hosp-report/

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Madonna+has+Rocco+3+weeks+premature.-a064084900

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/878543.stm

5 minutes ago, Thiago Ciola said:

"On Intervention Madonna presents an unrefined depiction of the peaks and valleys of motherhood and an affirmation of her maternal duties. In the first verse she ponders the role she must undertake, tending to the most basic needs of her son and preparing him to pursue his dreams in the future akin to a soaring bird, “I got to make him happy/I got to teach him how to fly/I want to take him higher/Way up like a bird in the sky/I got to calm him down now/I want to save his life.”

Madonna describes the challenging but rewarding role of raising children. Rather than romanticising this depiction, she provides a gritty and realistic depiction of adjusting to motherhood and leaving the spotlight which had once consumed her, “Sometimes it’s such a pleasure/ Sometimes I wanna tear it all down/It’s easy to be lazy/And hard to go away from the crowd.”

Despite the struggles that come with raising children, love is constant and intervenes at times of doubt as Madonna declares in the chorus surrounded by warm and luscious background harmonies, “And I know that love will change us forever/ And I know that love will keep us together/And I know, I know There is nothing to fear/And I know that love/Will take us away from here.” The track can be interpreted as both an expression of Madonna’s devotion to her family and the importance of love in preserving and cultivating all relationships. Madonna elaborates, “I think I’m probably most proud of the family I’ve created… If I had to give up everything, or I could only have one thing, that is what I would hold onto.”

https://lucascava.medium.com/madonna-mirwais-an-impressive-instant-chapter-two-american-life-c87cefd9f311

9 minutes ago, Thiago Ciola said:

"On Intervention Madonna presents an unrefined depiction of the peaks and valleys of motherhood and an affirmation of her maternal duties. In the first verse she ponders the role she must undertake, tending to the most basic needs of her son and preparing him to pursue his dreams in the future akin to a soaring bird, “I got to make him happy/I got to teach him how to fly/I want to take him higher/Way up like a bird in the sky/I got to calm him down now/I want to save his life.”

Madonna describes the challenging but rewarding role of raising children. Rather than romanticising this depiction, she provides a gritty and realistic depiction of adjusting to motherhood and leaving the spotlight which had once consumed her, “Sometimes it’s such a pleasure/ Sometimes I wanna tear it all down/It’s easy to be lazy/And hard to go away from the crowd.”

Despite the struggles that come with raising children, love is constant and intervenes at times of doubt as Madonna declares in the chorus surrounded by warm and luscious background harmonies, “And I know that love will change us forever/ And I know that love will keep us together/And I know, I know There is nothing to fear/And I know that love/Will take us away from here.” The track can be interpreted as both an expression of Madonna’s devotion to her family and the importance of love in preserving and cultivating all relationships. Madonna elaborates, “I think I’m probably most proud of the family I’ve created… If I had to give up everything, or I could only have one thing, that is what I would hold onto.”

https://lucascava.medium.com/madonna-mirwais-an-impressive-instant-chapter-two-american-life-c87cefd9f311

"The song expresses her care for her son Rocco Ritchie and how life is a tricky balance that we all practice but it can be constructed often when there is a lack of this."

https://madonna.fandom.com/wiki/Intervention_(song)

8 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I believe that reading comprehension does have a lot to do with it, since the lyrics of the songs are finally sentences with a complete meaning and that, all put together, tell us about certain realities or situations, thus avoiding wrong or crazy interpretations, mostly due to the poor or deficient vocabulary of those who interpret them.

That is why I am sure that Intervention is a song about the role of a mother in raising a child and how decisive this will be in their formation and in their personality. For example, "In the blink of an eye everything could change Say hello to your life now your living" refers to those women who affirm that it is the precise moment of the birth of their child that totally changes their lives and they are no longer the same as before, even those pregnant women who for some reason They are not totally excited about being mothers or because they believe that a child will no longer allow them to continue leading the superficial and frivolous life that they like so much.

In any case, perhaps the ideal would be to ask the meaning of Intervention to that famous artificial intelligence program that knows everything and is mentioned so much in this forum. Perhaps if we ask this program about the song "I love New York" it will tell us that it is not a song about the city but about a state of mind.:lol:

Reading comprehension is something you do in primary school. It teaches you how to read, it's pretty basic. You understand that term and what it means

But when it comes to creative writing and the understanding of art and artist , you need to go deeper and pay attentions to other elements and techniques. Like a allegories and figures of speech or even personification: I can say you are a troll, but it doesn't means that you are like an ugly ogre from the Norse mythology living in a cave. I am trying to comply that you behave like a troll hence making you one.

You are correct that you could use AI chat because is a LLMS (large language model) but remember the chatbot is not really an 'inteligence' but  it jut plays algorithms with tokens and sends you information that might sound correct but it's not real. Just a trained model. I know it's confusing sometimes and we think some are more intelligent that they appear to be.

I would like to applause your inner knowledge in motherhood and how women feel about having babies, I bet you have LOTS of experience. You always surprise me on how well you understand human psychology and sociology. Sad you didn't pursued that path after your studies of language comprehension in secondary school.

"In the blink of an eye everything could change Say hello to your life now your living

Possible Meaning :  - If you don't pay attention you might miss out in life.

-  Life is too short

- Value what you have or it will be too late to regret

References about motherhood, birthing, babies, people delivering babies:   0

9 hours ago, Thiago Ciola said:

"The song expresses her care for her son Rocco Ritchie and how life is a tricky balance that we all practice but it can be constructed often when there is a lack of this."

https://madonna.fandom.com/wiki/Intervention_(song)

You realised that's written by fans not Madonna or Mirwais

'The track can be interpreted as both an expression of Madonna’s devotion to her family and the importance of love in preserving and cultivating all relationships. Madonna elaborates, “I think I’m probably most proud of the family I’ve created… If I had to give up everything, or I could only have one thing, that is what I would hold onto.”

And with this I can agree, as we said before it's not about one single thing but nuances, feelings and different elements. All relationships and Family: both elements of what Guy was part of too. 

But not just about Rocco and being a good mum.

and just for @chaosmen1984mk this is what  ChatGPT thinks about it:

"These lyrics appear to be from a song about someone who wants to save their loved one who is struggling and unhappy. The singer expresses their desire to make their partner happy and help them reach their full potential, using the metaphor of teaching them to fly and take them higher like a bird in the sky.

The lyrics also touch on the idea that love can be transformative and have a powerful impact on both people in a relationship. The singer acknowledges that life can be unpredictable and things can change quickly, but they remain confident that their love will help them overcome any obstacles.

There is also a sense of personal growth and overcoming challenges, as the singer talks about the difficulty of going against the crowd and the temptation to be lazy. The lyrics suggest that by facing these challenges head-on and embracing change, they can create a better life for themselves and their loved one.

Overall, the song seems to be about the power of love to inspire personal growth and transformation, even in the face of adversity."

2 hours ago, EgoRod said:

You realised that's written by fans not Madonna or Mirwais

'The track can be interpreted as both an expression of Madonna’s devotion to her family and the importance of love in preserving and cultivating all relationships. Madonna elaborates, “I think I’m probably most proud of the family I’ve created… If I had to give up everything, or I could only have one thing, that is what I would hold onto.”

And with this I can agree, as we said before it's not about one single thing but nuances, feelings and different elements. All relationships and Family: both elements of what Guy was part of too. 

But not just about Rocco and being a good mum

https://nypost.com/2000/08/16/madonnas-baby-is-in-intensive-care-at-l-a-hosp-report/

Believe in what you want...and what's more, it was in many interviews about Ray Of Light that Madonna said that she didn't want to dissect her creative process in order to leave people free to interpret the songs on this specific album for themselves and with based on their experiences and not only through her own experience and expression as writer and composer.

See: 6:49h

Edited by Thiago Ciola (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Thiago Ciola said:

And you....tell me about last time you chat with Madonna...Tell me about ALL de interviews that she did to American Life...and more..Tell me about when Rocco was born and was hospitalized for respiratory problems.... obviously you were there, right....

Don't be a dick .

I was mentioning that the first reference was from an open page filled by fans without sources.

I do agreed on the second part you shared about how she says is about (sic) "Madonna’s devotion to her family and the importance of love in preserving and cultivating all relationships.'

It's a love song about relationships, about endurance, about hardship in life.

You can make many assumptions based on two news clips and your interpretation but that doesn't made it more valid.

Using that tone won't help you either.

29 minutes ago, Thiago Ciola said:

Believe in what you want...and what's more, it was in many interviews about Ray Of Light that Madonna said that she didn't want to dissect her creative process in order to leave people free to interpret the songs on this specific album for themselves and with based on their experiences and not only through her own experience and expression as writer and composer.

See: 6:49h

Thats ROL but ok.

I mean you are talking here about someone that has 5 different versions to events in her life according to her interviews.