Immaculate Collection in Dolby Atmos!

RUADJAI

5 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

It sounds like shit, sorry. Original Version on Q sound all the way. 

Personally i love it,because i was one of the first one in this forum to make amazing Dolby work very innovative after all this very sure times!

Non sarcastic answer:i was one of the first to do a Dolby atmos so personally it is amazing for me for my mono audio standards

10 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

It sounds like shit, sorry. Original Version on Q sound all the way. 

Haven't heard it and I suspect for most people who don't have s proper system to play it, probably won't benefit from the Dolby Atmos sound without the proper set up.  Still, I'm with you regarding the "Original version on Q Sound" as well as the correct versions. 

3 minutes ago, tscott said:

Haven't heard it and I suspect for most people who don't have s proper system to play it, probably won't benefit from the Dolby Atmos sound without the proper set up.  Still, I'm with you regarding the "Original version on Q Sound" as well as the correct versions. 

actually pop on headphones and play it through VLC player if the files are downloadable. 

So the thing is...I dont know how Q Sound was necessarily done, but I can't imagine taking a Q Sound project and trying to re-place all the sounds in a Dolby Atmos way works.  

Some of the main vocals sound more intimate (PDP, OYH, LIB) but as far as having sounds whooshing or swirling around you, there isn't much of that. Express Yourself might be one of the outliers where it does happen. 

Materiel Girl was ruined. 

So yeah... for me personally, the Q-Sound version will not be replaced.

This seems like a rushed project not taken very seriously. 

5 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

So the thing is...I dont know how Q Sound was necessarily done, but I can't imagine taking a Q Sound project and trying to re-place all the sounds in a Dolby Atmos way works.  

Some of the main vocals sound more intimate (PDP, OYH, LIB) but as far as having sounds whooshing or swirling around you, there isn't much of that. Express Yourself might be one of the outliers where it does happen. 

Materiel Girl was ruined. 

So yeah... for me personally, the Q-Sound version will not be replaced.

This seems like a rushed project not taken very seriously. 

When I read that "Lucky Star" and "Borderline" are not even the proper real "Immaculate" versions I knew this would be some kind of AI Dolby thing, not properly re-mastered for Dolby Atmos on a proper studio.

I mean, it was the perfect excuse to finally fix those two on digital. The fact that they hadn't means not much thought has been put on it. So maybe they just took the files and put some AI filter on them and bam, done?

Dolby Atmos on Apple Music can be very hit or miss anyway, as far as I know.