Immaculate Collection in Dolby Atmos!

RUADJAI

8 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Actually maybe she insisted the Borderline version be replaced because she loathes the original Reggie Lucas version. It does sound shite when you hear it now. The high hats make it sound so synthetic.

But the version used on the digital version of "The Immaculate Collection" is actually the original "Madonna" album version!

I don't know, it's weird. They don't have the stems for the original "Immaculate" edits of "Lucky Star" and "Borderline"? Well that would explain that those two versions are missing on digital services since day 1.

I'm still not convinced this Dolby Atmos thing it's not all AI (the clips you shared reminded me of the new Apple Music karaoke feature, where they AI filter some tracks to make them sound like instrumentals) but if @Royand @Aiwa08say so surely you're right.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

But the version used on the digital version of "The Immaculate Collection" is actually the original "Madonna" album version!

I don't know, it's weird. They don't have the stems for the original "Immaculate" edits of "Lucky Star" and "Borderline"? Well that would explained those two versions missing on digital services since day 1.

I'm still not convinced this Dolby Atmos thing it's not all AI (the clips you shared reminded me of the new Apple Music karaoke feature, where they AI filter tracks to make it sound like instrumentals) but if @Royand @Aiwa08say so surely you're right.

Weren't those the two tracks that were found in a bin and the stems were leaked?

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I'm still not convinced this Dolby Atmos thing it's not all AI (the clips you shared reminded me of the new Apple Music karaoke feature, where they AI filter some tracks to make them sound like instrumentals) but if @Royand @Aiwa08say so surely you're right.

It's too clean to be filtered. Even the best AI can't get this result (maybe in the future but not right now). Yes it's sound like a karaoke because they are the surrounds channels without the main voice and the main instruments, but properly done to get a real 5.1 mix. 

10 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

It's pretty fishy though that the Borderline/Lucky Star Mixes are the ones that were put on streaming incorrectly and they made mixes for those instead of the proper Immaculate Collection tracks. Like, you would think they would have gone to the Vault to get the proper stems or whatever. but they went to the vault and got the wrong stems??? 

So far has anything decent been mined from the vault though ? They don’t seem to be digging that deep since this announcement 🥹

55 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

Has it also been discussed that Papa has a different ending with new adlibs?

You are right. It has a different ending with new vocals. The original Immaculate Remix has an instrumental ending. So this proves that Warner used the original Immaculate stems to do the Dolby Atmos mix.

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

You need AirPods Pro or regular AirPods 3rd gen to listen to Spatial Audio on Apple Music. (No idea about non-Apple earphones!).

All of my headphones are terrible on the updated Atmos version.  The added high hat on the first two song Irene's the songs unlistenable with headphones.  

2 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Is it my imagination or are they using the wrong version of Material Girl too?  I thought the Immaculate Collection had some edutbof a remix were back up singers sang alone at tge end.

They did. The Dolby Atmos version share the same ending as the original Q-sound version. 

I will say, Holiday and ITG are clearly based off of the YCD mix and MG, LAV, PDP, LIB and OYH are based off of their respective extended remixes.

7 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Is it my imagination or are they using the wrong version of Material Girl too?  I thought the Immaculate Collection had some edutbof a remix were back up singers sang alone at tge end.

It's the same version but the mix is really different (too much echo in her voice, for example). A new Dolby Atmos mix can't be done using the original stereo mixes. The tracks need to be re-mixed again from the stems.