Immaculate Collection in Dolby Atmos!

RUADJAI

4 minutes ago, devilpray said:

I feel like with streaming some of the stats are either going to Celebration or the actual albums, not this one. 11X Platinum means 11 million, right?

yeah , it seems 11xP (11 million) is the minimum since they wrote on UKMix that the album scanned 1.4 Million between 2001 and 2013, so maybe they'll update later on?

10xP certified plus 1.4M scanned only between those dates (pure sales) plus streaming should push this well over 12xP

25 minutes ago, devilpray said:

Lmao I love how everyone thinks Material Girl was ruined while this was the first time in history I liked how this song sounded 

It's the drums. they sound jumbled/muffled. 

Although I just went to Apple Music to listen and be more specific and it seems that only Borderline and Lucky Star are playing in Dolby Atmos now. All the others switch back to just Lossless. 👀 

2 hours ago, adirondak said:

What is Dolby Atmos exactly? Is it supposed to make the music run through surround sound speakers, or is it a headphones effect?

It's kinda like Q Sound. But you either need a setup with multiple speakers or headphones that know how to play the files. Like Apple headphones. They simulate the multiple speakers. 

4 hours ago, Roy said:

They did. The Dolby Atmos version share the same ending as the original Q-sound version. 

I will say, Holiday and ITG are clearly based off of the YCD mix and MG, LAV, PDP, LIB and OYH are based off of their respective extended remixes.

Yes.

The Immaculate Collection is a remix album. :)

8 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

In my opinion it's a simply mistake. Mike Dean forgot to mute Madonna's voice at the end. In Material Girl her voice has too much echo... All the tracks have been mixed again from the original stems and they sound different if you compare them with the original CD.

I don't believe any of it is a mistake.  I think Madonna or he thought, "hey let's update this slightly" while adding adlibs, sounds, etc. Unfortunately, I find it all atrocious. This is disappointing how they are re-imagining this album on the digital and streaming platforms.  It's like taking any of her studio albums and replacing the original classics with alternate mixes.  This album should be left as it was originally released.  I'm fine if they want to add new heighten technology to make the original mixes to sound better, but changing the actual songs is ruining what it once was.  That said; I guess no one but us hard core fans care. It's just an insult to the actually original release. Up until now, I didn't mind Mike Dean, but if he's behind the re-issues, this is the first time I am fearful of what's to come. :sad:

5 hours ago, Prayer said:

Madonna's team are working very hard in insane levels of detail on putting together the tracklistings including some nice surprises. Rhino will just receive what M's team put together. A LOT of hard work has gone into locating specific edits and versions from very exhaustive lists for example - it will be for M to decide what actually goes out and for Rhino to decide commercially what makes sense in terms of number of physical discs (if they go down a physical product route - I have zero info on the product side of things).

I'd like to know what "team" this is the remasters are dreadful. Quite frankly no one cares about edits of the same songs unless there is something hugely specific in the edit which is unlikely. Just bloody deliver on unreleased songs and demos and stop taking the mick out of your fan base.

ChatGPT: "On her compilation "The Immaculate Collection", why would Madonna include different, longer versions of "Lucky Star" and "Borderline" on digital services instead of the same versions as the physical formats?"

As an AI language model, I don't have access to specific decisions made by Madonna or her team regarding the inclusion of different versions of songs on specific releases. However, it is not uncommon for artists to include different versions of songs on digital services compared to physical formats for various reasons. Here are a few possible explanations:

1. Marketing Strategy: Including different versions of songs can be a way to generate interest and encourage fans to purchase multiple formats. By offering exclusive content on specific platforms or formats, artists can attract collectors and dedicated fans who may be interested in obtaining different versions of the same song.

2. Licensing and Copyright Issues: Sometimes, the rights to certain versions of a song may be restricted due to licensing or copyright agreements. This can result in different versions being available on different platforms or formats. Digital platforms may have different licensing agreements in place, allowing for the inclusion of specific versions that were not possible on physical releases.

3. Format Limitations: Physical formats such as CDs or vinyl records often have time limitations due to their physical constraints. In the case of "The Immaculate Collection," Madonna's compilation album, the inclusion of longer versions of certain songs on digital services may have been possible because digital platforms do not have the same time limitations as physical formats.

4. Artist Preference: Sometimes, artists choose to include different versions of songs to offer fans a fresh experience or to showcase alternative versions that they personally prefer. Artists may have specific artistic or creative reasons for including different versions, allowing them to present their music in the way they feel is best.

It's important to note that the specific reasoning behind the inclusion of different versions of "Lucky Star" and "Borderline" on Madonna's "The Immaculate Collection" would require insights directly from Madonna or her team.

54 minutes ago, MerBoy13 said:

I'd like to know what "team" this is the remasters are dreadful. Quite frankly no one cares about edits of the same songs unless there is something hugely specific in the edit which is unlikely. Just bloody deliver on unreleased songs and demos and stop taking the mick out of your fan base.

You clearly haven’t read this forum much 🤣