Immaculate Collection in Dolby Atmos!

RUADJAI

There's no way this is not intentional. I mean, they obviously know the versions are different comparing the masters, maybe M wanted another version of the songs there. Anyway, It's alright cause it's not the QSound sound to them anyway, considering they worked from stems to make the Atmos mixes.

Edit: I mean the multitrack tapes.

Also that's another reason they're not gonna fix the mixes on the stereo tracks.

34 minutes ago, schumakg86 said:

It’s just wild to have a 7-minute “Lucky Star” when everything else is 3-4 minutes.

That was always the problem with The Immaculate Collection, the songs were too short to fix in a CD (74 minutes). It should have been a double album with longer edits and more hits (Dress You Up, Who's That Girl, True Blue and many more). 

5 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

That was always the problem with The Immaculate Collection, the songs were too short to fix in a CD (74 minutes). It should have been a double album with longer edits and more hits (Dress You Up, Who's That Girl, True Blue and many more). 

There would have been room for at least two more tracks without the bloated Like a Prayer and Vogue mixes they created for the Collection.

I took the header from the website news (they used it on YouTube as well), cropped it and change the color profile to Adobe RGB and exported to RGB, now it looks better.

It seems they mistagged the color profile once again like the previous covers.

I searched for press releases for higher quality but they haven't add any file (yet?).

1080x1080 png:

52874340393_3e8c60a0a1_o.png

jpg:

52873902201_b9c1cb6be9_o.jpg

[If you like any other size, upscaled or not, let me know.]

Just now, BuggedOut said:

There would have been room for at least two more tracks without the bloated Like a Prayer and Vogue mixes they created for the Collection.

In 74 minutes? Impossible. Yes, Like A Prayer and Vogue are too long, but you can't edit them too much. And I feel that many tracks are too short with a rushed ending. It should have been a double album (90 minutes at least). 

16 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Everybody, CAC, Burning Up, WTG and Angle should have been given a Q-sound mix too.

1 minute ago, Roy said:

Sounds good in Dolby Atmos. DTX Headphones makes the 5.1 mixes sound very spacious, which is obviously not optimized for DTS.

I don't have Dolby Atmos ear/headphones but I found a way to listen some of it on VLC by just changing the audio into stereo. XD

Does the drums sound like synth effects most of the time?

1 minute ago, Harry X said:

I don't have Dolby Atmos ear/headphones but I found a way to listen some of it on VLC by just changing the audio into stereo. XD

It's better when you have Dolby Atmos for Headphones.

The drums sound good but obviously, it is mixed and EQ'd differently than the original Q-sound mix so we get to hear it more prominently. For example. La Isla Bonita in the Dolby Atmos mix sounds close to the album version but without the castanets while the drums in the Q-sound stereo version sounds so subtle, almost muted.

3 hours ago, Harry X said:

I used VLC too and i experienced "the immaculate collection" stripped down version 😁😁😁

Just wanted to add that the 'center' and 'LFE' channel do contain information. Both channels just need to be normalized in sound editing software, because they're very very quiet.

For instance, on 'Material Girl' the center channel has the male background vocals and guitar, a bit more dry than on the surround channels. Even on the tracks that aren't true surround (like Borderline) the LFE channel has subwoofer into.

2 hours ago, Sprk said:

Just wanted to add that the 'center' and 'LFE' channel do contain information. Both channels just need to be normalized in sound editing software, because they're very very quiet.

In my opinion we lost the center and LFE channels in the conversion from the Dolby Atmos to the regular discrete 5.1.  They work very different. 

By the way I love the C and LFE channel of EY. I love the synth and the bass added by Shep Pettibone. 

https://mega.nz/file/NlMARJiT#5Oj8djj-nNjhAgQS_cQcH15W-EqZOAQDN3848pYj-jc (C channel)

https://mega.nz/file/8hN21RrB#JsaOTTD8yA5PPGbmUXkgYbPf-GoKEkt7FdDgvDhh59Q (LFE Channel)

https://mega.nz/file/x082GZ6a#mZ6SZ1UJmfd6dGhNUAXMNV6zc5NYdwDLiRzVsrMeWbc (C + LFE channels)