Immaculate Collection in Dolby Atmos!

RUADJAI

2 minutes ago, tscott said:

Do you only see the Canvas when using a mobile device?  I ask because I am using Desktop right now and am trying to check out how to see the canvases you guys are chatting about.

Only on mobile, yeah! Try it if you can, is a little cool feature but nothing to write home about, of course. They're just mini-videos of 8 seconds maximum playing in loop while the song plays. Some artists get creative with those, others not so much. And not every song has them.

2 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Try to check settings on your desktop 

Yeah, I checked and there is no setting for Canvas. But thanks, and Prayer seemed to answer the question.  :)

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Only on mobile, yeah! Try it if you can, is a little cool feature but nothing to write home about, of course. They're just mini-videos of 8 seconds maximum playing in loop while the song plays. Some artists get creative with those, others not so much. And not every song has them.

Thanks.  I've heard about it, but I rarely use Spotify and if I do, I usually play it from my desktop.

26 minutes ago, mlhaa said:

Definitely notice the vocal changes on Live to Tell.  Interesting endings but some of vocal richness was lost. 

express yourself choruses are not good. But the lifting of the background music is done well. 

Yes, I felt the same with Live to Tell.  I mentioned it earlier, but I like how you said it's lost it's "vocal richness" and those were the words I was looking for when trying to express what I felt was different.  Very well said. 

I found the backing vocals of the other vocalists odd on Express Yourself.  They seemed a bit louder than they should be.

9 hours ago, Prayer said:

Yep, but maybe they don't have the stems for them, only the final mixed master tapes?

Can you imagine?

Its like MJ’s people losing the stems for Beat It and/or Billie Jean. 😳

I find it hard to believe that they lost them, but as Debbie Gibson once said, ‘Anything is Possible’.

11 hours ago, Roy said:

I recommend having Dolby Atmos for Headphones.

I bought the newest AirPods last year for Dolby and listened to several Atmos things on Apple Music and wasn’t impressed. I returned them. Might try the AirPods Max.

I didn’t like how every time you moved your head, the sound would completely go to the side you were leaning towards.

I can’t wait to set up my 7.1 Dolby Atmos speaker system.

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

He just masters everything too loud and brickwalls.

I want someone who isn’t stoned out of their mind while mastering, to master her albums.

But that’s just me.

Everybody just master everything too loud, have you ever heard of the loudness war? He did a great job with Immaculate, you can like the end result or not but I clearly remember people saying the original Immaculate sounded cheap because of the Q Sounds. It’s really true that history repeats itself. 

4 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Everybody just master everything too loud, have you ever heard of the loudness war? He did a great job with Immaculate, you can like the end result or not but I clearly remember people saying the original Immaculate sounded cheap because of the Q Sounds. It’s really true that history repeats itself. 

I don’t have my Atmos setup yet, but from the reviews here, I am excited to hear it!

And I loved the Q-sound back in late 1990.

Paula Abdul’s Spellbound was in Q-sound as well and it was great!

It sounds more organic somehow which is something i would have never thought i'd say about IC. I can't wait for Erotica and Like A Prayer (and the whole discography) on Dolby Atmos now.

Q Sound was just an early version of Dolby Atmos (and a later version of Azimuth) 

32 minutes ago, elecu said:

Please could someone share the stems for the rear and front channels? Maybe we could make a proper 5.1 version to listen to in any surround audio system?

It's too easy to do a 5.1 version from the dolby atmos (well, it would be a 4.0 because the center channel and the LFE channel are practically muted). But you lose the 3D atmos effect.  I did it two days ago. 

20 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

It's too easy to do a 5.1 version from the dolby atmos (well, it would be a 4.0 because the center channel and the LFE channel are practically muted). But you lose the 3D atmos effect.  I did it two days ago. 

Wondering if I could use the stereo front channel for the center one. 

I'll search for a 3D effect then. lol 

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

I don’t have my Atmos setup yet, but from the reviews here, I am excited to hear it!

And I loved the Q-sound back in late 1990.

Paula Abdul’s Spellbound was in Q-sound as well and it was great!

I hated this new version the first time I listened to it, something was wrong with Apple  Music or my AirPods but now it shines!

57 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

It sounds more organic somehow which is something i would have never thought i'd say about IC. I can't wait for Erotica and Like A Prayer (and the whole discography) on Dolby Atmos now.

Q Sound was just an early version of Dolby Atmos (and a later version of Azimuth) 

I really want Ray Of Light, I believe it’s the album that would benefit the most with an Dolby Atmos Sound. And as much as I think Mike did an amazing work with Immaculate, let’s hope Orbit does it. 

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

They are not re-recorded vocals. They were in the original recording but never used. 

Also, the IC Q-sound mix makes use of new vocals for the last repetition of the chorus as opposed to the original album version, which makes use of the vocals from the 2nd repetition of the chorus.

On 5/6/2023 at 9:26 AM, fmportela said:

this YouTube version actually sounds mono playing on my macbook pro using regular airpods. just weird...

I think is right, TIC youtube version is mono, but why? It's an apple exclusive the stereo version?