Immaculate Collection in Dolby Atmos!

RUADJAI

4 hours ago, itzjak said:

I think is right, TIC youtube version is mono, but why? It's an apple exclusive the stereo version?

The stereo version is the "old" TIC. If you want a Stereo version of this new release you need to convert the Dolby Atmos to Stereo by yourself using a proper software (It must handle Dolby Atmos files). I have it but I don't know if I can upload it here. Anyway the dolby mix is not made to play it in Stereo.

swear I spent the whole morning listening to the same songs over an over with different equipment  from spotify and my digital files, from 7", video mixes, old , mixes, itunes version. I can hear cowbells , high hats, tuba solos and triangles EVERYWHERE!  I'm not sure I can enjoy this album again!

note- the humorous tone

45 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

swear I spent the whole morning listening to the same songs over an over with different equipment  from spotify and my digital files, from 7", video mixes, old , mixes, itunes version. I can hear cowbells , high hats, tuba solos and triangles EVERYWHERE!  I'm not sure I can enjoy this album again!

note- the humorous tone

The only thing that's missing is a cow. :)

I am serious, I am in awe and  scared  at the same time of the auditory capabilities of some of you.

Me realizing that some songs here and there are actually a new remix or edit years later, when there are others having seizures due to the vibrations of a high hat at 0.23 sec that repeats in 1:36.

madonna GIF

Jokes apart, I am paying attention to things that I totally ignored. Thanks for the deeper analysis. I do find strange the modification of the IC with two different versions than the ones available on physical form.

31 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I don’t think Mike Dean is 100% a terrible producer/engineer, but I just don’t think it’s appropriate to not have the original engineers and mixers completing this new Dolby Atmos version.

Reggie Lucas is dead; she referred to Jellybean as her "shitty ex-boyfriend" in 2019, so surely she doesn't want him back in any way; she hasn't talked to Bray in ages; Shep Pettibone has been out of the music business for years...

Expecting the original producers and mixers to remaster/update her old albums is just... not realistic, except for Nile Rodgers with "Like A Virgin" or maybe William Orbit with "Ray Of Light" (and "MDNA" :Madonna009:). Stuart Price doing a Dolby Atmos version of "Confessions" could happen too.

26 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Reggie Lucas is dead; she referred to Jellybean as her "shitty ex-boyfriend" in 2019, so surely she doesn't want him back in any way; she hasn't talked to Bray in ages; Shep Pettibone has been out of the music business for years...

Expecting the original producers and mixers to remaster/update her old albums is just... not realistic, except for Nile Rodgers with "Like A Virgin" or maybe William Orbit with "Ray Of Light" (and "MDNA" :Madonna009:).

Reggie Lucas, Jellybean & Stephen Bray didn't do the mixing for The Immaculate Collection, nor for the first album.

But back to The Immaculate Collection, Goh Hotoda is still very much alive (and still working) :) 

same for Tony Shimkin.

6 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

The stereo version is the "old" TIC. If you want a Stereo version of this new release you need to convert the Dolby Atmos to Stereo by yourself using a proper software (It must handle Dolby Atmos files). I have it but I don't know if I can upload it here. Anyway the dolby mix is not made to play it in Stereo.

I tried with vlc. By default vlc plays the front channels. (on papa don't preach the strings are absent and only on the back channels). But there is an audio option to put in real stereo. This way you have all instruments. 

25 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Ok, for those fans who don't have a Dolby Atmos system and want to enjoy the new remaster in a good stereo system, for a very limited time: 

Hidden Content
  • Why you trying to get a free link

Thank you so much for this i wonder how it works 

I am gonna test it at home:)

6 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Thank you for sharing!

Where is this from? Which streaming site? Just out of curiosity 

It's the original Dolby Atmos 5.1 converted to Stereo properly. The only official Stereo is the original TIC with Q-Sound. The Dolby Atmos Mix is not intended to be played in Stereo Systems.

Damn it!

I must admit that I am ignorant on this Dolby Atmos issue, which is why I was taken by surprise by this unexpected launch of the Immaculate Collection using this technology that is totally new to me.
I thought my high end sony mp4 player or my high end sony headphones could also support this technology but it doesn't, i can't play the files!

I wish Madonna would announce once and for all that all her albums will be re-released using this technology. Only then could I encourage myself to buy one of these Dolby Atmos equipment. Until then I will have to read with envy the comments of those who have been able to enjoy this new experience.

Damn it!

3 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Ok, for those fans who don't have a Dolby Atmos system and want to enjoy the new remaster in a good stereo system, for a very limited time: 

Hidden Content

I'm confused how to play this.  I downloaed with the extension of .rar, but there is no way to unzip it.  It just looks like a VLC file with the extension of .rar.  Ordinarily if you get a .rar file you unzip it and then a folder appears with playable tracks/files. 

11 minutes ago, tscott said:

I'm confused how to play this.  I downloaed with the extension of .rar, but there is no way to unzip it.  It just looks like a VLC file with the extension of .rar.  Ordinarily if you get a .rar file you unzip it and then a folder appears with playable tracks/files. 

Unzip it (with Winrar, for example). It's tested and works perfectly. Size on disk: 666 MB