Immaculate Collection in Dolby Atmos!

RUADJAI

8 minutes ago, tscott said:

Why won't it just recognize my default zip on my computer?  This is the first time I've ever had to go seek out something else to unzip anything I've downloaded here.  Sorry to be a pain. 

Delete the file and try to download again. Maybe it's not complete. 

3 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Delete the file and try to download again. Maybe it's not complete. 

I did that... it just downloads like a VLC file with a .rar extension.  I dragged it into VLC hoping something would happen, and it's like a corrupt file with no minutes.   Unplayable. :sad:

2 minutes ago, tscott said:

I did that... it just downloads like a VLC file with a .rar extension.  I dragged it into VLC hoping something would happen, and it's like a corrupt file with no minutes.   Unplayable. :sad:

Because it's a rar file, not a VLC file. You need to decompress it to get the wav files. 

Just now, Aiwa08 said:

Because it's a rar file, not a VLC file. You need to decompress it to get the wav files. 

Well, that's what I was originally trying to do.  I've downloaded many .rar files and with ease have been able to decompress them.  For this one, I get no option to do so.  The file doesn't even look like it's zipped.  It's a VLC thumb image, but the extension says .rar.  I right click and I only get an option to "open it with VLC".  Also, it shows that I can "compress" the file, but that's the opposite of what is needed to be done.  I've been downloading and unzipping .rars  for years and never had an issue like this before. 

Update, I finally am able to play the files, but I had to convert the .rar file to .zip before I could get the file to unzip, showing a folder of .wav files.

So a question @Aiwa08, playing them now with the .wav files you made will give us the same sound as if we are playing through a Dolby Atmoss compatible system?  It's all confusing to me as my Receiver plays Dolby and TRUE HD Surround SOUND, but I never know if I have it set up properly to play as it should.  Though, playing your .wavs, I'm already hearing a world of difference.

36 minutes ago, tscott said:

Update, I finally am able to play the files, but I had to convert the .rar file to .zip before I could get the file to unzip, showing a folder of .wav files.

So a question @Aiwa08, playing them now with the .wav files you made will give us the same sound as if we are playing through a Dolby Atmoss compatible system?  It's all confusing to me as my Receiver plays Dolby and TRUE HD Surround SOUND, but I never know if I have it set up properly to play as it should.  Though, playing your .wavs, I'm already hearing a world of difference.

No. It's the Dolby Atmos files converted correctly to Stereo. As I've said, this is for fans who doesn't have a dolby atmos or a discrete 5.1 system but want to enjoy the Dolby Mix remaster in stereo. A few fans couldn't get a proper stereo mix from the original dolby atmos files, missing some elements (background vocals, instruments, etc). And you can't play a real stereo version of the atmos mix on streaming (only the original TIC version).

5 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

No. It's the Dolby Atmos files converted correctly to Stereo. As I've said, this is for fans who doesn't have a dolby atmos or a discrete 5.1 system but want to enjoy the Dolby Mix remaster in stereo. A few fans couldn't get a proper stereo mix from the original dolby atmos files, missing some elements (background vocals, instruments, etc). 

Yes, I think that was the case with me.  And wow!  This stereo mix is fantastic. Thank you once again.  I suspect with the proper set up of Dolby Atmos, this probably sounds great, but what you've done here definitely has me re-experiencing this set with everything sounding more balanced, hearing so much than I ever heard before.  So appreciated for your work!:party:

6 minutes ago, tscott said:

Yes, I think that was the case with me.  And wow!  This stereo mix is fantastic. Thank you once again.  I suspect with the proper set up of Dolby Atmos, this probably sounds great, but what you've done here definitely has me re-experiencing this set with everything sounding more balanced, hearing so much than I ever heard before.  So appreciated for your work!:party:

Thank you very much. :hug:

16 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Ok, for those fans who don't have a Dolby Atmos system and want to enjoy the new remaster in a good stereo system, for a very limited time: 

Hidden Content

Great!!! Thank you.

Now i can hear all the instrumentals and backing vocals

In summary, thanks to your work we now have a remastered version of IC, remixed without q sound, stereo sound.. and especially listenable by all

😁😁👍👍

Edited by DJ PHIBES
Erase direct link (see edit history)

42 minutes ago, DJ PHIBES said:

Great!!! Thank you.

Now i can hear all the instrumentals and backing vocals

In summary, thanks to your work we now have a remastered version of IC, remixed without q sound, stereo sound.. and especially listenable by all

😁😁👍👍

It's truly a gift!

But please edit your post and take out the URL download link from quoted, in respect to @Aiwa08 petition. Thanks! :cute:

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

It's truly a gift!

But please edit your post and take out the URL download link from quoted, in respect to @Aiwa08 petition. Thanks! :cute:

Don't worry and thank you for your help. I've changed the download link in the original post. Anyway I will delete the file in three hours. 

Edit: I'm sorry. The link is dead.

2 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

I'd love it if they'd release The Immaculate 12" Mixes Collection: the full extended mixes of all the album tracks. Full of ad libs, instrumental breakdowns. etc. They clearly have the stems and are no longer limited to physical media.

"The Immaculate Extension"!

I love this idea. Most of the TIC mixes were based on the Extended 12'' remixes of the singles, anyway.

19 minutes ago, subversive said:

There are so many ways to re-release the 80s carreer... She's Breathless, It's that GIrl, 1983-1989, 12"+ers, a different verstion of TIC.... <3

The problem with "She's Breathless" and "1983-1989" are the versions. They are album versions. We need "It's that Girl".

5 minutes ago, Material Girl said:

We need a real IMMACULATE COLLECTION without US remix & album version of LUCKY STAR & BORDERLINE.

Seriously, what a lousy job! I am very happy not to discover Madonna’s discography in our time. :Madonna003:

Not lousy if that’s what she wants. 
Kate Bush did the same with “A Big Sky” on Hounds Of Love. She  replaced the album version with a remix on the remastered version. 

8 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Not lousy if that’s what she wants. 
Kate Bush did the same with “A Big Sky” on Hounds Of Love. She  replaced the album version with a remix on the remastered version. 

She is preparing her tour... I seriously doubt that she put her nose in this kind of lame reissue. But that’s just my opinion :Madonna008:

Pkay, this is a long shot, so don't hold your breaths, okay?

BUT! I just read that Rhino are releasing four albums in quad-mix on Blu-Ray in June.

Who knows? Maybe a 5.1 edition of IC is one of them? That would be so cool!

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/4-new-quadio-releases-coming-in-june.34267/