Immaculate Collection in Dolby Atmos!

RUADJAI

39 minutes ago, Material Girl said:

She is preparing her tour... I seriously doubt that she put her nose in this kind of lame reissue. But that’s just my opinion :Madonna008:

The original IC versione of Borderline and Lucky Star were NEVER released on digital. This is the Immaculate Collection version that was put on digital back in 2005. 
Anyway if this is a lame reissue, why do you care? You want the original IC? Listen to the cd/cassette/vinyl or find a digital rip of the cd. 

5 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

The original IC versione of Borderline and Lucky Star were NEVER released on digital. This is the Immaculate Collection version that was put on digital back in 2005. 
Anyway if this is a lame reissue, why do you care? You want the original IC? Listen to the cd/cassette/vinyl or find a digital rip of the cd. 

Why are you being so aggressive?

50 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

So this Dolby Atmos remaster would be a "Quadraphonic" remaster (4.0) instead a 5.1, right?

I'm in heaven right now listening Vogue in my cheap home cinema. 

depends how it's mixed
i remixed 5.1 to stereo and one channel can be just a DOOF of nothing
i'm sure it adds something on a proper system 
:om:

So here's a question I like to put out there.... how many people from the fan base to the general public would actually be able to experience the true Atmos Dolby sound release versus to just releasing the awesome stereo mix @Aiwa08provided for us?  I'm not dismissing there aren't many who have the right sound system, etc. to hear Dolby Atmos, I'm just curious if most people coming across this won't experience it the way it should because they don't own the right sound equipment to hear it properly.  Meanwhile, I think most would be able to experience it much easier with common sound systems the way Aiwa08 provided it.  Or maybe I'm just not up to speed on what people generally own when listening to their music.  I have a receiver that has Dolby surround and TrueHD surround, but I assume that it doesn't necessarily mean I can experience Dolby Atmos the way it should be heard with my dated system. .

9 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

I'd love it if they'd release The Immaculate 12" Mixes Collection: the full extended mixes of all the album tracks. Full of ad libs, instrumental breakdowns. etc. They clearly have the stems and are no longer limited to physical media.

I doubt they made extended mixes for those tracks especially since the project was done very last minute 

10 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I doubt they made extended mixes for those tracks especially since the project was done very last minute 

I’m pretty sure he is talking about the full original extended mixes that existed before TIC was created.

Thats why I look at TIC as a remix album.

Most of the tracks on TIC are built off of the extended versions already created.

45 minutes ago, tscott said:

So here's a question I like to put out there.... how many people from the fan base to the general public would actually be able to experience the true Atmos Dolby sound release versus to just releasing the awesome stereo mix @Aiwa08provided for us?  I'm not dismissing there aren't many who have the right sound system, etc. to hear Dolby Atmos, I'm just curious if most people coming across this won't experience it the way it should because they don't own the right sound equipment to hear it properly.  Meanwhile, I think most would be able to experience it much easier with common sound systems the way Aiwa08 provided it.  Or maybe I'm just not up to speed on what people generally own when listening to their music.  I have a receiver that has Dolby surround and TrueHD surround, but I assume that it doesn't necessarily mean I can experience Dolby Atmos the way it should be heard with my dated system. .

It's just a marketing thing. :cute: In the last couple of years, Apple has been using lossless quality and now Dolby Atmos on certain albums as a bonus, to separate themselves from Spotify and try to bring more users to Apple Music. For the artists, it's also a bonus to offer Dolby Atmos versions, to make more people stream their music.

These kind of things are always going to be limited cause general public just don't care or even notice, but they're always a good excuse to bring attention again to an old album, in this case to "The Immaculate Collection".

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

It's just a marketing thing. :cute: In the last couple of years, Apple has been using lossless quality and now Dolby Atmos on certain albums as a bonus, to separate themselves from Spotify and try to bring more users to Apple Music. For the artists, it's also a bonus to offer Dolby Atmos versions, to make more people stream their music.

These kind of things are always going to be limited cause general public just don't care or even notice, but they're always a good excuse to bring attention again to an old album, in this case to "The Immaculate Collection".

Good points!  And I only brought my question up because as you stated, these will always be "limited" to the general public. 

Anyway, I hate to keep gushing, but I really like what @Aiwa08did here.

2 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

I’m pretty sure he is talking about the full original extended mixes that existed before TIC was created.

Thats why I look at TIC as a remix album.

Most of the tracks on TIC are built off of the extended versions already created.

It’s definitely a remix album. 
And yes I agree. The only thing I don’t like about it is the fact that some songs are way too edited. It would be amazing to get the full versions without Q Sound

15 hours ago, Prayer said:

Dolby Atmos is not just for music, but in the context of music it's definitely a marketing thing to stand out against the competition.  Lots of movies released nowadays have Atmos mixes and that's likely the primary driver of adoption for the industry (you can watch movies on Netflix, Disney+, etc. with Atmos sound).  I'm guessing it was initially thought of as a way to get movie surround sound without five to seven speakers, but then was also applied to music.

2 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

Dolby Atmos is not just for music, but in the context of music it's definitely a marketing thing to stand out against the competition.  Lots of movies released nowadays have Atmos mixes and that's likely the primary driver of adoption for the industry (you can watch movies on Netflix, Disney+, etc. with Atmos sound).  I'm guessing it was initially thought of as a way to get movie surround sound without five to seven speakers, but then was also applied to music.

Dolby Atmos for movies in home cinema even needs 10 speakers in 5.1 (5.1.4) Four speakers for the ceiling.

5_1_4_overhead_spkrplc.jpg?width=2880&qu

On 5/8/2023 at 9:57 AM, Prayer said:

Reggie Lucas is dead; she referred to Jellybean as her "shitty ex-boyfriend" in 2019, so surely she doesn't want him back in any way; she hasn't talked to Bray in ages; Shep Pettibone has been out of the music business for years...

Expecting the original producers and mixers to remaster/update her old albums is just... not realistic, except for Nile Rodgers with "Like A Virgin" or maybe William Orbit with "Ray Of Light" (and "MDNA" :Madonna009:). Stuart Price doing a Dolby Atmos version of "Confessions" could happen too.

She reunited with Stuart Price and Jose XTravaganza. Miracles happen. 

On 5/9/2023 at 5:44 AM, PaperFaces said:

I'd love it if they'd release The Immaculate 12" Mixes Collection: the full extended mixes of all the album tracks. Full of ad libs, instrumental breakdowns. etc. They clearly have the stems and are no longer limited to physical media.

I used the stems from this forum to make an extended version of "Holiday": https://mega.nz/file/86oznZrK#tjSbevwdDvn4BbHd1rkPzlZl-3QHYnMWAPUnQkqdnjA

4 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Dolby Atmos for movies in home cinema even needs 10 speakers in 5.1 (5.1.4) Four speakers for the ceiling.

5_1_4_overhead_spkrplc.jpg?width=2880&qu

Does that mean that stereo pairing Atmos speakers doesn't work?  I was under the assumption that speakers like an Apple HomePod or the Sonos Era 300 were built so that you could get the effect with one, but it's better with a pair of two working together.  10 seems wild!