Immaculate Collection in Dolby Atmos!

RUADJAI

28 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

Does that mean that stereo pairing Atmos speakers doesn't work?  I was under the assumption that speakers like an Apple HomePod or the Sonos Era 300 were built so that you could get the effect with one, but it's better with a pair of two working together.  10 seems wild!

You need (is optional, of course) four additional speakers in the ceiling to get a real 3D effect in Dolby Atmos. As far as I know If you only use the 5.1 configuration, it will work like any other discrete 5.1. Anyway I'm talking about home cinema, not about Apple headphones.

I have a Dolby Atmos Home Cinema system, but it's still sealed (right now my home is like a warehouse).

5 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

You need (is optional, of course) four additional speakers in the ceiling to get a real 3D effect in Dolby Atmos. As far as I know If you only use the 5.1 configuration, it will work like any other discrete 5.1. Anyway I'm talking about home cinema, not about Apple headphones.

I have a Dolby Atmos Home Cinema system, but it's still sealed (right now my home is like a warehouse).

I’m the same way!

I have a Pioneer Dolby Atmos set sitting in boxes in my living room.

I’ve had them since 2018, but haven’t gotten around to setting them up yet.

27 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Your expertise is always appreciated :)

8 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

No, it isn't stereo. It's lossy mono

And you can certainly tell, especially after listening to what you provided pages back in stereo.  I also downloaded the additional one you posted last night that you removed quickly.  I can hear quite a difference between that one and the earlier stereo version you provided that I've been gushing about the last couple of days.  The one you provided yesterday evening, sound much lower.  So what exactly is the differences between the two you provided. I can hear it, but as @luckypierre78stated, "your expertise is appreciated".  :)

1 hour ago, tscott said:

And you can certainly tell, especially after listening to what you provided pages back in stereo.  I also downloaded the additional one you posted last night that you removed quickly.  I can hear quite a difference between that one and the earlier stereo version you provided that I've been gushing about the last couple of days.  The one you provided yesterday evening, sound much lower.  So what exactly is the differences between the two you provided. I can hear it, but as @luckypierre78stated, "your expertise is appreciated".  :)

Well, I'm not an expert but I love audio/video technology.

The 5.1 mixes usually are too low on volume (if you compare them with stereo music) because they are created to be played in a powerful home cinema system (and I suppose to have a very large dynamic range with sound effects like explosions, gunshots, et cetera).

The Immaculate Collection it's not an exception. It has a very low volume. My discrete 5.1 version is a direct conversion from the Dolby Atmos (using Dolby Atmos software) and nothing is changed because it should play fine in any 5.1 system. But to get the "perfect" stereo version is not so easy, it needs a little work to sound like any other stereo album and to avoid to lose background vocals or instrumentals. So it needs to turn up the volume (among other things). That is the reason why you notice the different volume between my stereo version and my 5.1 version.

45 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Well, I'm not an expert but I love audio/video technology.

The 5.1 mixes usually are too low on volume (if you compare them with stereo music) because they are created to be played in a powerful home cinema system (and I suppose to have a very large dynamic range with sound effects like explosions, gunshots, et cetera).

The Immaculate Collection it's not an exception. It has a very low volume. My discrete 5.1 version is a direct convert from the Dolby Atmos (using Dolby Atmos software) and nothing is changed because it should play fine in any 5.1 system. But to get the "perfect" stereo version is not so easy, it needs a little work to sound like any other stereo album and to avoid to lose background vocals or instrumentals. So it needs to turn up the volume (among other things). That is the reason why you notice the different volume between my stereo version and my 5.1 version.

Thank you for explaining.  And I appreciate all your effort in helping many of us experience a great sound from Madonna.  I definitely will have your stereo version on my playlist for a long time to come.  It really is fantastic and look forward to future posts from you.  :luv:

Anyone have any tips on downloading this? It looks like you can do it with Apple Music, but you have to sync your library with them first. There's no way in hell I'm synching my iTunes library with Apple. I've heard such horror stories over the years of people losing all their files and shit like that. I have an app that downloads lossless files from Qobuz, but TICIDA (The Immaculate Collection in Dolby Atmos) is not on there. 

1 minute ago, clkelley39 said:

Anyone have any tips on downloading this? It looks like you can do it with Apple Music, but you have to sync your library with them first. There's no way in hell I'm synching my iTunes library with Apple. I've heard such horror stories over the years of people losing all their files and shit like that. I have an app that downloads lossless files from Qobuz, but TICIDA (The Immaculate Collection in Dolby Atmos) is not on there. 

Legally "The Immaculate Collection" Dolby Atmos is only properly uploaded on Apple Music, I think. It's not on Qobuz, that's for sure. And the official YouTube version is mono.

So the only way to download it locally would be syncing your library with Apple Music, yes and then adding the album and downloading the songs. But if you've had trouble in the past it's not worth it just for a different version of the same album.

9 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Legally "The Immaculate Collection" Dolby Atmos is only properly uploaded on Apple Music, I think. It's not on Qobuz, that's for sure. And the official YouTube version is mono.

So the only way to download it locally would be syncing your library with Apple Music, yes and then adding the album and downloading the songs. But if you've had trouble in the past it's not worth it just for a different version of the same album.

Well shit.

38 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's also available on TIDAL. https://tidal.com/browse/album/292439711 Theoretically it would be a lossless Dolby Atmos version. But unfortunately if you don't have a Dolby Atmos system, TIDAL plays the original TIC stereo version. And my TIDAL downloader don't download the Dolby Atmos Version.

6 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

You can have an alternate itunes and switch between libaries when pressing shift while opening itunes. I have one fix and one apple music library

17 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

It's also available on TIDAL. https://tidal.com/browse/album/292439711 Theoretically it would be a lossless Dolby Atmos version. But unfortunately if you don't have a Dolby Atmos system, TIDAL plays the original TIC stereo version. And my TIDAL downloader don't download the Dolby Atmos Version.

I've quoted to myself to say that I've managed to download the TIDAL Dolby Atmos version (Two versions, EAC3-JOC and AC4-IMS). The bad news: the ac3-joc version is almost identical to the apple m4a version. And the ac4-ims version is a version for cell phones and the size is very small.

This elevates Live to Tell to another level, I'm in love with this!! Regarding the Atmos system thing, I got Samsung headphones compatible with Dolby Atmos and I can really appreciate the sound, I spent a couple months lookin and headphones and looking up information and apparently with the right phone and headphones you can listen to it! At least, I notice a BIG difference from the previous headphones I had.

29 minutes ago, xrhaul said:

Is it me or the album sounds different on Spotify? The volume is louder. Did they remaster the tracks? 

Mmm maybe. "Lucky Star" and "Borderline" sounded lower than the rest and now they're almost the same volume as the rest? Maybe they've just normalized the whole thing.

30 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

Hopefully they aren't visually impaired or that would be totally rude

And your comment is out of place because probably he is not visually impaired and it is a colloquial phrase without bad intention. Thank you for your moral lesson. Next time I will speak like Ned Flanders. 

Anyway I've edited the post to sound lovely despite his sarcastic answer to me when I was trying to help him.

12 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I've quoted to myself to say that I've managed to download the TIDAL Dolby Atmos version (Two versions, EAC3-JOC and AC4-IMS). The bad news: the ac3-joc version is almost identical to the apple m4a version. And the ac4-ims version is a version for cell phones and the size is very small.

Hey. I tried to pm you to not pollute this thread but couldn't. I'm interested in knowing how you did to download a dolby atmos version from tidal. I do have tidal but don't think I have the right subscription. 

4 hours ago, Angelman60 said:

Hey. I tried to pm you to not pollute this thread but couldn't. I'm interested in knowing how you did to download a dolby atmos version from tidal. I do have tidal but don't think I have the right subscription. 

I'm sorry, my pm is disable for personal reasons. Your subscription must be "HiFi Plus". I don't know if I can post here the process (I don't know if to do this is legal). if you google "download tidal dolby atmos" you'll find the way to do it (reddit/piracy). But you need computer skills to compile and run the program. I've spend two days to make it works (I studied computer science 30 years ago and my skills are rusty)

6 minutes ago, mrsciccone said:

Amazing! Love this little details, they add to the experience.

Regarding the normal stereo version and what @xrhaulcommented yesterday about volumen on Spotify, I deleted and downloaded again the album on Apple (I bought it years ago on iTunes hehe), checked the audio and I think there's been some kind of normalizing but very, very subtle. "Lucky Star" and "Borderline" still sound a little lower than the rest but that can be simply cause they're not Q-Sound versions.