Immaculate Collection in Dolby Atmos!

RUADJAI

I downloaded the album from Sharemania.us. Not all of the 6 tracks (in 5.1 format) have been used (just 4 of them). Some Dolby Atmos mixes have main vocal on one track. In the case of this album most of the songs are mixed, so that the lead vocals, drums, bass and some instrumentals are on the 2 tracks, the rest of the tracks have all the sounds that are placed in the rear right and left (backing vocals, effects, guitars, synths) of the mix. It gives many options to filter the 4 tracks to make acapella and other "stems" with nice quality. Unfortunately some songs (Like a prayer, Lucky star, Borderline, Vogue) don't have such separated tracks. The surround tracks are just repeated main stereo tracks (if you know what I mean). But it's a huge step forward from Madonna's team and a hope for all the albums to get Dolby Atmos treat.

Edit: I realized there are no bongos or castanets in IC mix of "La isla bonita"...

3 hours ago, frozen78 said:

I downloaded the album from Sharemania.us. Not all of the 6 tracks (in 5.1 format) have been used (just 4 of them). Some Dolby Atmos mixes have main vocal on one track. In the case of this album most of the songs are mixed, so that the lead vocals, drums, bass and some instrumentals are on the 2 tracks, the rest of the tracks have all the sounds that are placed in the rear right and left (backing vocals, effects, guitars, synths) of the mix. It gives many options to filter the 4 tracks to make acapella and other "stems" with nice quality. Unfortunately some songs (Like a prayer, Lucky star, Borderline, Vogue) don't have such separated tracks. The surround tracks are just repeated main stereo tracks (if you know what I mean). But it's a huge step forward from Madonna's team and a hope for all the albums to get Dolby Atmos treat.

Edit: I realized there are no bongos or castanets in IC mix of "La isla bonita"...

But let's be clear, this is not AI filtered. It is clear that they have maybe the project files for them or the stems exclusive to the IC mix.

1 hour ago, Roy said:

But let's be clear, this is not AI filtered. It is clear that they have maybe the project files for them or the stems exclusive to the IC mix.

They have the stems. This is not filtered. Check the surround channels of OYH or Rescue Me: https://mega.nz/file/9lVjySDL#0lPDXaw6VnEoYV2YWYmC9ehDC6L60QAvYd438V872JQ

https://mega.nz/file/501GRIBK#-_pyiRh4E_9koluzFm2qAK6XCDvRbzoNHAvk0Jtsi7Q

1 hour ago, Roy said:

It's pretty fishy though that the Borderline/Lucky Star Mixes are the ones that were put on streaming incorrectly and they made mixes for those instead of the proper Immaculate Collection tracks. Like, you would think they would have gone to the Vault to get the proper stems or whatever. but they went to the vault and got the wrong stems??? 

8 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

It's pretty fishy though that the Borderline/Lucky Star Mixes are the ones that were put on streaming incorrectly and they made mixes for those instead of the proper Immaculate Collection tracks. Like, you would think they would have gone to the Vault to get the proper stems or whatever. but they went to the vault and got the wrong stems??? 

The wrongs files are available in every streaming site, so Warner has a master with those tracks changed. But one thing is clear: this is not filtered, they used the stems to do the 5.1 mix. This is not like the fake 5.1 made for Celebration DVD. Maybe it's not perfect, but it's not a fake 5.1 mix.

2 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

The wrongs files are available in every streaming site, so Warner has a master with those tracks changed. But one thing is clear. This is not filtered, they used the stems to do the 5.1 mix. This is not like the fake 5.1 made for Celebration DVD. 

Don't you think that the quality is drastically different on different tracks though? It's like they tried on some and not on the others. 

Apart from the Dolby Atmoss/AI talk; I don't believe that the Borderline and Lucky Star mixes uploaded were a "mistake".  All digital/streaming platforms have the same mixes, so I suspect there was a conscience decision to replace the original versions from IC for these. 

1 minute ago, tscott said:

Also, I don't believe that Borderline and Lucky Star mixes uploaded was a "mistake".  All digital/streaming platforms have the same mixes, so I suspect there was a conscience decision to replace the original versions from IC for these.

Yeah but why? The Immaculate mixes are edits for one and are mixed in the same vain, mostly better than the originals... these mixes stick out like a sore thumb. They're extended and don't sound cohesive sonically. Unless the originals were damaged or something I don't see the point to change them. 

1 minute ago, RUADJAI said:

Don't you think that the quality is drastically different on different tracks though? It's like they tried on some and not on the others. 

I agree with you. As I've said, it's not perfect, but is a step in the right direction for future dolby atmos re-issues. At least it's not the horror made in Celebration with the fake 5.1

7 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Yeah but why? The Immaculate mixes are edits for one and are mixed in the same vain, mostly better than the originals... these mixes stick out like a sore thumb. They're extended and don't sound cohesive sonically. Unless the originals were damaged or something I don't see the point to change them. 

Very good question..., "why?"  I prefer the original IC versions, as I feel the ones they uploaded do "stick out".  But we also know Madonna has had issues with how some of her songs been mixed in the past, so maybe for some reason she personally didn't like them? 

5 hours ago, Roy said:

I didn't mean the 5.1 channels were AI filtered. I said that we can now use the 5.1 channels to filter them and get quite clean "stems". :-)