MeanToBeIconic's MADONNA DISCOGRAPHY SHOWDOWN 2.0 - Member Vote/Ranking Game

Hi everybody! Long time no see!

I used to be a very active member in the forum, but slipped away for a short time bc of medical issues and life needing very heavy attention, but I'm on top of everything now! Should be creeping around the comments again now :p

But I thought, what better way to reintroduce myself than reviving my ranking game I did after Rebel Heart dropped, and I'm back back back back back again with the revamp!

We had a whole new album since then, so I think it's time to go again! Participation is very simple, just download the excel sheet, fill it out where the blanks are, then send it to me! The blank doc is only 9kb, so a Dm should be perfect. After the voting window closes, I'll average everything out, then start a countdown announcing worst to best in sequential order, as well as averages of albums for that ranking as well for a final bonus reveal!

Excel Here:MadonnaScoreSheet.xlsx

I'll have the submission window open until the 31st, finish out the entire month. If the file ends up too big for DMs, let me know for an alt method.

Have fun everyone! And comment and like to keep this at the top of the list :kissy:

6 hours ago, MeantToBeIconic said:

Hi everybody! Long time no see!

I used to be a very active member in the forum, but slipped away for a short time bc of medical issues and life needing very heavy attention, but I'm on top of everything now! Should be creeping around the comments again now :p

But I thought, what better way to reintroduce myself than reviving my ranking game I did after Rebel Heart dropped, and I'm back back back back back again with the revamp!

We had a whole new album since then, so I think it's time to go again! Participation is very simple, just download the excel sheet, fill it out where the blanks are, then send it to me! The blank doc is only 9kb, so a Dm should be perfect. After the voting window closes, I'll average everything out, then start a countdown announcing worst to best in sequential order, as well as averages of albums for that ranking as well for a final bonus reveal!

Excel Here:MadonnaScoreSheet.xlsx

I'll have the submission window open until the 31st, finish out the entire month. If the file ends up too big for DMs, let me know for an alt method.

Have fun everyone! And comment and like to keep this at the top of the list :kissy:

I think you might have missed that another member did each album separately last year.  Search "MegaRate". Obviously you are still welcome to do yours, I just wanted you to know. 💋

9 hours ago, MPowered said:

That list is far from complete, sadlt. You missed songs like:

- Ain't No Big Deal

- Santa Baby

- Supernatural

- Freedom

- Goodbye to Innocence

- Time Stood Still

Also…lumping I’m Breathless together with the miscellaneous songs is a bit weird considering it’s a full album.

FWIW I intentionally skipped most of I'm Breathless seeing as how it's a soundtrack, aside from the singles which had at least some impact on her career, and one off non-Madonna compilation tracks for lack of significance, but these are solid suggestions once put in context.

Will update with the full list

1 hour ago, MeantToBeIconic said:

FWIW I intentionally skipped most of I'm Breathless seeing as how it's a soundtrack, aside from the singles which had at least some impact on her career, and one off non-Madonna compilation tracks for lack of significance, but these are solid suggestions once put in context.

Will update with the full list

I’m Breathless is not a soundtrack actually. It’s a concept album. Only two of the songs from the album actually appeared in the movie. Everything else is original songs “inspired by the movie”.

4 hours ago, MPowered said:

I’m Breathless is not a soundtrack actually. It’s a concept album. Only two of the songs from the album actually appeared in the movie. Everything else is original songs “inspired by the movie”.

Three songs were in the movie... "Sooner Or Later," "More" and "What Can You Lose"

As specifically stated on her official website, I prefer to think it as a "companion" album to the film.  Not your "standard Soundtrack album".  (source: Madonna.com) https://www.madonna.com/discography/album/15/

19 hours ago, tscott said:

Three songs were in the movie... "Sooner Or Later," "More" and "What Can You Lose"

As specifically stated on her official website, I prefer to think it as a "companion" album to the film.  Not your "standard Soundtrack album".  (source: Madonna.com) https://www.madonna.com/discography/album/15/

That’s pretty much what a concept album is. This is an album released as the character "Breathless Mahoney" from the movie. Hence the title "I’m Breathless".

8/11 songs are original songs. Either way, I find it odd to include random bonus tracks but not other songs that were actually released. 😅