"Like a Prayer 30th Anniversary" is being shoved done my throat and I'M PISSED

MPowered

So, as some of you know, I'm a bit of an OCD fan. I like my digital collection to be as complete, orderly and neat as possible.

Everything was fine until a few days ago when this monstrosity has decided to infest my library:

MrjUgts.pngZugjbwE.png

BHiDkss.gif

I use iTunes Match, meaning that everything I rip and then upload to my iTunes library will be uploaded into my personal cloud UNLESS it matches a release that is available on iTunes/Apple Music. In that case, the music will be playable regardless but won't take up space on my cloud. I don't need an Apple Music subscription to be able to play the album.

In normal cases, if I don't have the songs downloaded to my device, I should be able to play the entirety of my library on my device as long as I'm connected to WiFi.

However, it seems that Like a Prayer is the exception here. Weirdly enough...I am able to klick on shuffle and the album will play just fine and the tracks show the original cover. If I try to klick on an individual track, this bullshit appears:

jKPEeIq.png

SzmvCY8.png

I have already tried removing it and re-adding it but this shit keeps happening. I even have the option "Show Apple Music" turned off. What the fuck is going on???? Is anyone else encountering the same issue? I hate the 30th anniversary cover too. I don't want it to show up in my library! :( 

I DEMAND THE IMMEDIATE REMOVAL OF THE POINTLESS 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION OF LIKE A PRAYER!

0QTPhFI.gif

3 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Okay but can we talk about the pointlessness of all those random "anniversary editions" they released before they decided to go with the actual singles? :hearno:

I want them to be removed ENTIRELY.

"Like A Prayer" 30th was a test! Released in March 2019, and only on streaming (not available for purchasing) was kind of a test between Madonna and Warner to see how things worked and if they got good results. A year later they started with the old digital singles releases and the deal was properly announced in August 2021.

So without "LAP" 30th maybe we wouldn't have had anything else later. :Madonna001:

I agree it's a bad release. Only worth it for "Supernatural" on streaming.

Yeah,  I refuse to buy into Apple music.  Ever since (and even before), they try to take control of your music (and playlists) even after you buy.  I used to have many playlists created on Itunes, but after an update some months back, they all have been removed.  These are playlist I curated myself with the music I obtain outside of Itunes along with what I purchased through them. The only music that remains for me on Itunes is the music I actually bought from Itunes.  And it seems I have to keep re-downloading them after every freaking major update they make.

I tried Apple music years ago and had similar problems. They are shit. Spotify is also shit for uploading songs that aren't in their database. Very glitchy.

The best streaming service is YouTube music. You can upload anything you want with whatever cover you want and your uploads are always available to stream on your phone or computer no matter where you are.

It is not perfect, for eg the uploads are kept in a seperate section of your library which might be annoying for your OCD. But you can at least include them in a playlist along with everything else.

Also if you want lossless quality sadly you'd have to stick with Apple as Youtube music doesn't offer that.

Still, I would recommend trying it out. I have tried all the streaming services and this one, whilst not perfect, fits my needs the best.

I do miss having my whole library viewable the way it was on iTunes back in the day. But honestly, the convenience of being able to access my music on my phone from anywhere is just so good.

And yes that Like a Prayer anniversary cover is just horrible. The tracklist is also tragic the way they skip certain songs and mess up the original album. If that album was "a test" then they failed.

True Blue, despite the ugly cover, had a great track list. It would be great if they could re-do Like a Prayer more like that.