Rumor / M to join Beyonce on stage in Paris

Redha DBL

7 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Because they are bitter and insecure about it. If Madonna released music like Padam Padam or even Disco we would all be doing backflips onto our limp wrists. That is a fact.

I don’t know. If Madonna did this type of music all the time it wouldn’t hit as hard when she did. Confessions was like a glass of cold water partially because it came after American Life. If it came off another album of dance bangers it wouldn’t have had the same impact. 

1 minute ago, adirondak said:

I don’t know. If Madonna did this type of music all the time it wouldn’t hit as hard when she did. Confessions was like a glass of cold water partially because it came after American Life. If it came off another album of dance bangers it wouldn’t have had the same impact. 

So now is the perfect time

Seeing how so many successful artists pay tribute to Madonna recognizing the value of her cultural impact and valuing how she put such a successful career at risk in exchange for breaking prejudices in a society so full of taboos that seemed to have no expiration date is something that  fills me with pride and I will always welcome any tribute or recognition from these artists whose careers would not have been the same if it had not been for Madonna's intervention in changing the rules of the game that had prevailed for so long in a macho and misogynistic society.

Although I don't like Beyonce one hundred percent, much less this remix of Vogue that she has just released, I recognize her global impact and that is why I would like Madonna to go to her concert and pay her a well-deserved tribute. Being greeted by Beyonce bowing down to her as a sign of recognition (similar to what Camila Cabello did at Mtvs) would be nothing wrong, it would simply be a show of humility from a superstar who recognizes who is the best. And I am sure that this act of humility will be appreciated by the world.

_103105959_bowingdowntomadge.jpg.dad2d6275f1dc1724c0a4051ddb59a90.jpg

2 hours ago, adirondak said:

Nah

So, The Weeknd is in Cannes for the film festival and he has just posted a cryptic post 3 hours ago with a picture of Madonna. Could it mean that she will come to the film festival ?! If so then the Beyonce cameo rumor could be true. The festival lasts till May 27th and the Beyonce show is on the 26th.

IMG_20230520_010410.thumb.jpg.2b900afe78c8b1fadd459f010e7d6e91.jpg

11 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

So, The Weeknd is in Cannes for the film festival and he has just posted a cryptic post 3 hours ago with a picture of Madonna. Could it mean that she will come to the film festival ?! If so then the Beyonce cameo rumor could be true. The festival lasts till May 27th and the Beyonce show is on the 26th.

IMG_20230520_010410.thumb.jpg.2b900afe78c8b1fadd459f010e7d6e91.jpg

Or could this have something to do with the show he devoloped called "The Idol"?  Love the The Weeknd (real name Abel Makkonen Tesfayeland which he's going by now) hope she is doing something with him, musically.  Mike Dean is part of the cast "The Idol" and has been part of the companion Weeknd album "The Idol Vol 1." 

5 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Diana Krall is performing in Paris next week. Maybe Madonna will pop up at her concert as well? Then she can swing by London on the way home for a duet with her old pal Elton John at the O2 before she heads back to rehearse for the tour.

Exactly.

6 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Diana Krall is performing in Paris next week. Maybe Madonna will pop up at her concert as well? Then she can swing by London on the way home for a duet with her old pal Elton John at the O2 before she heads back to rehearse for the tour.

Yes, because Kiki Dee isn't available to join Elton for "Don't Go Breaking My Heart", so Madonna will step in.  LOL!  I recognize the sarcasm, but could you imagine the publicity that would be generated if the two did appear on stage together?  Elton can be an ass (and Madonna's no Angel), but the two seem to be on good terms for sometime now.

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

that’s not why I think he is obnoxious, but I didn’t know M wasn’t ‘Esther’ any longer.

How is he obnoxious? for the most part he just seems to mind his own business and work on his projects. He never does interviews and he never drags other artists, I have legit never heard of a celebrity who has interacted or collaborated with The Weeknd who has negative things to say about him. Behind his mysterious persona The Weeknd has always struck me as a chill guy. I am wondering why he would be randomly posting Madonna on his Instagram though.

14 minutes ago, Smokey said:

How is he obnoxious? for the most part he just seems to mind his own business and work on his projects, and seems pretty eager to collaborate with basically anybody. Behind his mysterious persona The Weeknd has always struck me as a chill guy. I am wondering why he would be randomly posting Madonna on his Instagram though.

I don’t like arrogant people who don’t have a sense of humor about themselves and he is beyond arrogant.

Demanding that he get Grammy nominations is not chill.

Just don’t like the guy.

16 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

I don’t like arrogant people and he is beyond arrogant.

Demanding that he get Grammy nominations is not chill.

Just don’t like the guy.

He literally had the biggest album of 2020 and got rave reviews. The fact that After Hours was not nominated was a crime and everybody agrees. Its not like the awards were ignoring some obscure album, wrap your head around the fact that Yummy by Justin Bieber was nominated but not Blinding Lights😂😂 There was clearly stuff going on behind the scenes and it was a deliberate snub which he justifiably called out. The Grammy Awards essentially threatened to not nominate him if he performed at the Super Bowl Halftime Show because they wanted him all to themselves, he was pissed off because they tried to use awards to gasslight him, if he was desperate to win Grammy's, its interesting how ever since then he has refused to submit his albums for nominations, essentially blacklisting the Grammy Awards for their greed and corruption. He was mad as a matter of princible, not because he was desperate for a trophy. Except isolated incidents like this where he calls people out for one reason or another, The Weeknd basically minds his own business. If calling out blatant corruption makes him arrogant, we need more people like that.

14 minutes ago, Smokey said:

He literally had the biggest album of 2020 and got rave reviews. The fact that After Hours was not nominated was a crime and everybody agrees. Its not like the awards were ignoring some obscure album, wrap your head around the fact that Yummy by Justin Bieber was nominated but not Blinding Lights😂😂, there was clearly stuff going on behind the scenes and it was a deliberate snub which he justifiably called out. The Grammy Awards essentially threatened to not nominate him if he performed at the Super Bowl Halftime Show because they wanted him all to themselves, he was pissed off because they tried to use awards to gasslight him, if he was desperate to win Grammy's, its interesting how ever since then he has refused to submit his albums for nominations, essentially blacklisting the Grammy Awards for their greed and corruption. He was mad as a matter of princible, not because he was desperate for a trophy. Except isolated incidents like this where he calls people out for one reason or another, The Weeknd basically minds his own business. If calling out blatant corruption makes him arrogant, we need more people like that.

Same can be said for the Like a Prayer album.

Can you imagine if Madonna came out demanding nominations? She would’ve had her ass handed to her.

There was a lack of grace on Abel’s part and it was a tantrum. He definitely wants Grammy nominations or he wouldn’t have complained about it. I just don’t agree with you.

I don’t hate the guy, I just have no interest in him and it’s not the end of the wrld lol

10 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Same can be said for the Like a Prayer album.

There was a lack of grace on Abel’s part and it was a tantrum. He definitely wants Grammy nominations or he wouldn’t have complained about it. I just don’t agree with you.

Like A Prayer should definitely have been nominated and as for The Weeknd, if he wanted Grammy so much why did he choose the halftime show instead and seems perfectly happy to never submit his albums for nominations in the future? He never called out the Grammy Awards for not nominating him, he called them out saying they "owed him, his fans and the music industry transparency" he was mad that they tried to dangle the carrot of an award in infront of him just to prevent him performing the Halftime Show. He refused to play along and so they did not nominate him and he called them out for corruption, this was more than a snub, this was trying to use the Grammy Awards to gasslight an artist into doing what you want and that is messed up. Anyways, lets not hijack this thread with Weeknd talk and get back to Madonna.

4 minutes ago, Smokey said:

Like A Prayer should definitely have been nominated and as for The Weeknd, if he wanted Grammy so much why did he choose the halftime show instead and seems perfectly happy to never submit his albums for nominations in the future? He never called out the Grammy Awards for not nominating him, he called them out saying they "owed him, his fans and the music industry transparency" he was mad that they tried to dangle the carrot of an award in infront of him just to prevent him performing the Halftime Show. He refused to play along and so they did not nominate him and he called them out for corruption, this was more than a snub, this was trying to use the Grammy Awards to gasslight an artist into doing what you want and that is messed up. Anyways, lets not hijack this thread with Weeknd talk and get back to Madonna.

Because the Super Bowl reached a larger audience and if he wasn’t bothered about not getting Grammy nominations, he wouldn’t have mentioned it.

When something doesn’t bother you, you don’t call someone or an organization out. We know this. He cared and it bothered him.

He withdrew from future Grammy consideration because he thought his music was so good that he should’ve been nominated. Again, it annoyed him so much that he threw a tantrum and said ‘then I don’t want any in the future if I can’t have them now’.

His fanboys can say whatever they like, but to me, a non-fan and someone who could really care less, I’m calling him out on his ‘not caring’.

I’m done talking about Abel because I really don’t care. :party:

6 hours ago, Smokey said:

I personally don't feel he was ever being ungracious. He like Madonna has recognized that certain organizations tend to ignore certain artists due to their controversial nature.  As Madonna fans, we know that some artists get snubbed for odd reasons.  He like Madonna has experienced similar.  He is quite talented and I'm glad he takes people to task like Madonna.  The industry can be cut throat if you don't follow the norm and he definitely doesn't.

31 minutes ago, Smokey said:

Like A Prayer should definitely have been nominated and as for The Weeknd, if he wanted Grammy so much why did he choose the halftime show instead and seems perfectly happy to never submit his albums for nominations in the future? He never called out the Grammy Awards for not nominating him, he called them out saying they "owed him, his fans and the music industry transparency" he was mad that they tried to dangle the carrot of an award in infront of him just to prevent him performing the Halftime Show. He refused to play along and so they did not nominate him and he called them out for corruption, this was more than a snub, this was trying to use the Grammy Awards to gasslight an artist into doing what you want and that is messed up. Anyways, let’s not hijack this thread with Weeknd talk and get back to Madonna.

Oh and as I’ve mentioned before, I do like that generic Blinding Lights song.

It would be cool if M jumped on that 80’s current sounding band wagon and did some tracks like that.