VULGAR

deathproof

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

I also fear it's a Human Nature remix, but this doesn't explain all the reactions from Ryan Tedder on twitter and instagram:

https://twitter.com/SmithCharts/status/1661415244562923521?t=cLBbUV487o6qUL8aKWDD-g&s=19

"Vulgar" is indeed the style of both lately. But I agree with @stefo Sam Smith is much better than M's latest collaborators, they make great music.

Anyway the Madonna curse makes me laugh: Sam announces the collaboration and has to cancel. Manchester is (super)shortened once again  :devil:

It still causes publicity though. That’s the main thing.

33 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

Yeah but what is the purpose of these collabs? She isn't charting from them, fans don't like them, fans of the artist she collabs with don't care. So why bother?

Maluma, Tokisha, Quavo, Swae Lee, Fireboy, 070 Shake, and Saucy Santana didn't get her any chart success. None of those collabs will be remembered (I had to Google most of those people). None of her fans want to hear them on tour. So, why?

They were not chart successes( though I like them). But her intent is to try new sounds, and continue to evolve. These efforts could lead to a global hit eventually. She has nothing to lose. 

8 minutes ago, Adriabs said:

After commenting I decided to check out some of the replies and I didn't expect to see so many comments misgendering Sam... truly hoping these are all honest mistakes.

They were honest mistakes. Like 99% of them.

Though , it’s always good to allow room for dissent.

1 hour ago, dankpepe said:

Yeah but what is the purpose of these collabs? She isn't charting from them, fans don't like them, fans of the artist she collabs with don't care. So why bother?

Maluma, Tokisha, Quavo, Swae Lee, Fireboy, 070 Shake, and Saucy Santana didn't get her any chart success. None of those collabs will be remembered (I had to Google most of those people). None of her fans want to hear them on tour. So, why?

They are gaining her new fans from younger fanbases, and many of these collabs contributed to a boost in her Spotify numbers overall. 

3 minutes ago, Andreo said:

You mfs talked so much about a 7 seconds snippet yesterday that this song was my absolute first thought this morning at 7 am like "ugghh the Sam x Madonna vulgarity anthem, is it out yet?" 

Me too. Mind you my clock was set at 5.45am and i woke up at 5.25. Now i feel so tired...

1 hour ago, Mden said:

They were honest mistakes. Like 99% of them.

Though , it’s always good to allow room for dissent.

Yes, I suppose these are honest mistakes too and it's normal, we have to adapt to new realities and it's not instant.

However, I don't think you get to dissent on someone's gender identity, we should draw the line there

1 hour ago, Adriabs said:

Yes, I suppose these are honest mistakes too and it's normal, we have to adapt to new realities and it's not instant.

However, I don't think you get to dissent on someone's gender identity, we should draw the line there

Some people here don’t care and they are happy to make that very clear. I’ve been correcting them.

• RUADJAI changed the title to VULGAR
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic