VULGAR

deathproof

To be honest my optimism regarding this song is at a very, very low level and all due to the unfortunate collaborations that Madonna has done lately and that have not lived up to my demanding expectations at all (except Hung Up on Tokischa). With so many disappointments, it is natural that I let myself be overwhelmed by these feelings of mistrust and pessimism. Worse still when several people are calling this song vulgar. Personally I hate everything that involves vulgarity: from the way of behaving, the way of speaking or dressing regardless of the gender, age, social condition or place of origin of these people. The only person with whom I can make an exception to my principles is Madonna, which is why I didn't criticize the video she made with Tokischa. But at the same time I wonder:

How many times was Madonna vulgar in her entire career? I think that very few fortunately. The Hung Up on Tokischa video is one of them but on that occasion I think Madonna simply adapted to Tokischa's obviously vulgar style as Madonna has never been known for making videos of that kind. No other examples of vulgarity come to mind. Some say that Madonna was vulgar during the Erotica era and I totally disagree. For me she was erotic and sexual at her best and everything had a context and a purpose and she did not do it to win headlines or covers in the media because obviously she did not need them compared to other "artists" that I prefer not to mention but who they exude vulgarity through their pores and there are no arguments or justifications that they can use in their defense (such as showing her breasts on national television or a certain singer who showed how a woman vomited on her body in one of her shows).

At this point I am no longer interested in the artist with whom Madonna collaborates. That aspect for me goes to the background. I only hope for good taste, tact and vision so that the final product is excellent and meets the main objective: to please people and be a success. That's all I ask. 🙏🙏🙏

21 hours ago, tscott said:

Exactly. Those who make it a competition or just hate on him, just don't like him or just don't understand the chemistry.

The chemistry lol... People are allowed to have unfavourable opinions about artists that differ from yours.

And those values you listed are shared by pretty much every contemporary pop entertainer in 2023.

7 minutes ago, Starchild said:

The chemistry lol... People are allowed to have unfavourable opinions about artists that differ from yours.

And those values you listed are shared by pretty much every contemporary pop entertainer in 2023.

Not once did I say no one is allowed their opinion.  I welcome other opinions.  If you have an argument different than me, then state it, rather regurgitating the old adage, "people are allowed to have their opinions" when i Never said they didn't.

1 minute ago, tscott said:

Not once did I say no one is allowed their opinion.  I welcome other opinions.  If you have an argument different than me, then state it, rather regurgitating the old adage, "people are allowed to have their opinions" when i Never said they didn't.

You come off a little sanctimonious sometimes.

14 minutes ago, Starchild said:

You come off a little sanctimonious sometimes.

Quite rich, coming from you.  If you have something valuable to discuss here rather than being highly judgmental and  insulting, feel free to do so. Otherwise, I'm done here.  Not creating  a "popcorn" moment for the usuals. :kissy:

I doubt they are using a sample of 'Show Me love' when it was used in Beyonce's  'Break My Soul', Charlie's  'Used to Know Me', Jonas Blue, David Guetta, all pretty recently.

Felix "Don't you want me ' would be cool but she used it in Like a Prayer for S/S

Inner City  'Meatballs' but it's from the late 80s....Maybe Haddaway?

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

I doubt they are using a sample of 'Show Me love' when it was used in Beyonce's  'Break My Soul', Charlie's  'Used to Know Me', Jonas Blue, David Guetta, all pretty recently.

Felix "Don't you want me ' would be cool but she used it in Like a Prayer for S/S

Inner City  'Meatballs' but it's from the late 80s....Maybe Haddaway?

already done too

and Robert Miles Children used too  :laughing:

A good sample is always a good idea when a maintsream singer wanna get back on the charts. Mariah's fantasy and heartbreaker, J-Lo's On the floor, Madonna's Hung up etc... A well know sample, if used on a solid track is usually succesfull, it gets good memories to people while being a new and modern track. I keep on thinking Madonna should use a fire sample on her next lead single.

42 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Yes please no samples. She has done it very successfully and many others as Beyoncé has done it really really well just recently. 

Samples have always existed and is a very common thing in history of music. In my opinion Madon'a hasn't over used samples in her career, or at least heavy sample like o' "Hung up" so it could be a good thinh of she'd do it again this time. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to VULGAR
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic