VULGAR

deathproof

7 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

I don't know if i'm scared or not (i'm not listening to any snippet), i mean some people compare it to Vogue which is amazing but some other people compare it to slow urban tracks like Veni Vedi Vici and Holy water and now even worse someone just above compared it to Gangnam style 😳😳😳

Don't take it so literally.  There's a bit of style to how he's singing it, that slightly reminds of the two other songs I mentioned.  I do think Sam sounds slightly similar to the singer LMAFO in this song. 

5 minutes ago, proxy said:

So we have Madonna releasing tracks with The Weeknd, Sam Smith, and Christine & The Queen. When you think about it it's crazy, Warner already doing more for Madonna than Universal in 10 years, her streaming numbers should get some nice kic

But Madonna is guest on this records 

I'm not sure its Warner credit

since Weeknd's track is republic  / Sam's is Capitol  and Christine is independent 

11 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

I don't know if i'm scared or not (i'm not listening to any snippet), i mean some people compare it to Vogue which is amazing but some other people compare it to slow urban tracks like Veni Vedi Vici and Holy water and now even worse someone just above compared it to Gangnam style 😳😳😳

And we haven’t even heard Madonna in any snippet, yet, so don’t worry yet :party:

2 minutes ago, tscott said:

Though, none of it is really the doing of her record company.  All those artists are part of a different label.

You think all this is suddenly happening without involvement of her record company, collaboration with hot artist a month before her tour and her new single, I don't think so. 

15 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

It’s none of those things. Lower your expectations, nothing is comparable to Vogue.

It’s an edgy dance track with frenetic beats, pulsing bass and a middle eastern influence. The vocals are all spoken word so far…. Some will hate it some will love it. It’s probably a bit too left of field and trashy for fans who want pure pop 80’s/90’s Madonna back. It’s a fresh sound for her though.

6 minutes ago, proxy said:

You think all this is suddenly happening without involvement of her record company, collaboration with hot artist a month before her tour and her new single, I don't think so. 

No, other than the exposure will be good for Madonna and her own catalog, so I guess in a way it could affect Warner in that way. 

5 minutes ago, proxy said:

Totally agree with you. Even if it’s not on Warner they benefit from any exposure she gets.

5 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

It’s none of those things. Lower your expectations, nothing is comparable to Vogue.

It’s an edgy dance track with frenetic beats, pulsing bass and a middle eastern influence. The vocals are all spoken word so far…. Some will hate it some will love it. It’s probably a bit too left of field and trashy for fans who want pure pop 80’s/90’s Madonna back. It’s a fresh sound for her though.

Thank you ! I'm happy many are mentionning middle eastern/arab influence as i am arab myself. Anyway the reactions are very positive so i know it won't be bad. By the way, about the rythm, is it dance ? Up tempo ?

43 minutes ago, tscott said:

Though, none of it is really the doing of her record company.  All those artists are part of a different label.  So if anything, she is taking advantage of other acts and their record labels in hopes to score another hit.  Though, I don't believe the Christina and The Queen songs will get much attention, other than a quick listen from the fan base.  By the teaser of Sam Smith's "Vulgar", there is a good possibility of something happening there.  The same could be said of the Weeknd track she's on.

Madonna signed an major deal with them and suddenly she has all these collaborations with different artists, it may not be a direct work of Warner but maybe they asked her for some more exposure so that their catalog is consumed more and so they earn more money.

According to the snippets, Vulgar looks like a song made for tiktok, hopefully it goes viral.

16 minutes ago, Posth said:

Madonna signed an major deal with them and suddenly she has all these collaborations with different artists, it may not be a direct work of Warner but maybe they asked her for some more exposure so that their catalog is consumed more and so they earn more money.

According to the snippets, Vulgar looks like a song made for tiktok, hopefully it goes viral.

I can already see the gays doing half-naked thirst-trap tik toks to ‘Vulgar’….

22 minutes ago, Posth said:

I didn't say it wouldn't benefit them, just said I doubt they really had any involvement in her hooking up with these artists.  I'm betting in these cases, the artists asked her to join them or maybe her management encouraged her.  Or possibly, she was simply interested herself.  Buy yeah, like I mentioned before it's great exposure for her if the song becomes a hit. Everyone wins.  :)

1 hour ago, proxy said:

So we have Madonna releasing tracks with The Weeknd, Sam Smith, and Christine & The Queen. When you think about it it's crazy, Warner already doing more for Madonna than Universal in 10 years, her streaming numbers should get some nice kick

Interscope can suck her dick.

• RUADJAI changed the title to VULGAR
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic