VULGAR

deathproof

8 hours ago, adirondak said:

They are gaining her new fans from younger fanbases, and many of these collabs contributed to a boost in her Spotify numbers overall. 

What? Some of those people don't even have a fanbase and if they do its in single digits. The Spotify number boosts came from going viral on TikTok and not her collabs with the likes of Quavo or Shake 070. I also highly doubt anyone in Quavo's fanbase is buying Madonna music or could name 2 Madonna songs.

6 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

What? Some of those people don't even have a fanbase and if they do its in single digits. The Spotify number boosts came from going viral on TikTok and not her collabs with the likes of Quavo or Shake 070. I also highly doubt anyone in Quavo's fanbase is buying Madonna music or could name 2 Madonna songs.

It's more about triggering the algorithm with a younger demographic who play those artists. Therefore new Madonna releases will get offered to them and may appear in their Made For You lists or Release Radar. It's more complex than it seems

I’m gonna be a negative Nancy but I can’t see this collaboration setting the charts a light, with the general public they are 2 of the most disliked or even irritating artists at the moment. I would like to be proven wrong and I will eat my words if it’s the opposite. 

Just now, MattyMads said:

I’m gonna be a negative Nancy but I can’t see this collaboration setting the charts a light, with the general public they are 2 of the most disliked or even irritating artists at the moment. I would like to be proven wrong and I will eat my words if it’s the opposite. 

Unholy was literally just the third longest serving Billboard no 1 last year.

Whats Good Miley?

\

3 minutes ago, steady75 said:

oh well if Mr News with his 7k follows says it must be true.

TMZ whew?

they are right a lot of time, there is a few more insiders who said its new song.  I don't think they would even mention anything if they weren't sure. Same as the guy on ATRL.

In the video, Sam says "Unholy won't be the last song" at that concert and that they had something special to play after it.

Sam Smith's last two songs in their setlist are "Human Nature" followed "Unholy."

I don't know why they would play "Human Nature" then "Unholy" and then "Human Nature" again.

I don't think it's a "Human Nature" remix.

19 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

Selling out arenas around the world isn’t enough for you? 

Do you guys remember how Unholy came to be a hit? I honestly don't recall what was the timeline, but it feels like it was a very organic positive response from the public that lead to heavy word-of-mouth, TikTok virals and a climb to #1. No payola, multiple Spotify playlists and stuff like that. I hope that will be the case here cause I don't think either Sam's or Madonna's name have that much impact right now to gather huge streaming numbers just by putting a new song out.

• RUADJAI changed the title to VULGAR
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic