VULGAR

deathproof

Maybe my problem stems from not knowing the backstory then. Because I could see myself cheering him on if I had known the backstory. I mean, there's a reason why Dragrace focuses on the queens' personal struggles on the show. So you then cheer them on. So then my critique might be...

Get your story out there better. Instead of using that fire beat to sing about dad's cheating on their wives, use that beat to sing about the shit you went through. Maybe he does sing about on another song... but that song isn't reaching everyone. And given the fact he's singing Madonna's song in that performance, I would have to assume he doesn't have a song about it.

I remember when Madonna did the Human Nature music video. I was 13 I guess... I loved it and I knew it was about the sex book/erotica... but I didn't really understand the backlash she got for Erotica... so I was kinda like... why is she singing about this. and breaking the 4th wall to a degree. and why is she acting goofy in the video.  I HATED that she was acting goofy. I didn't understand it. As I got older I realized why Human Nature is what it is. Maybe it's the same kinda thing. Although... Madonna's story was inescapable in the 90's. We were all intrinsically connected to it. I was just too young to understand the intricacies. Unlike Sam's story... which is just not out there if you dont look for it. 

Who knows, maybe this song will be THAT SONG! A reach maybe... but who knows.

• RUADJAI changed the title to VULGAR
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic