VULGAR

deathproof

5 hours ago, steady75 said:

Really hoping for her low "Finally Enough Love" voice and not her "Gang Bang" voice

Wait, I am confused. Are you actually saying that IDSIF song is lower than Gang Bang? Because it isn't. Or are you talking about the way she says those words precisely? Because I don't understand what's so annoying about the way she says Bang Bang in particular (she never says Gang Bang so you compared a song title to a song's hook)? Yeah sorry 

7 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

Idk in Gang Bang is it talking or singing tho, it’s kinda the Champagne Rose voice like that taunting/bratty vibe, unserious. Versus IDSIF has a kinda lusty, inviting tone, Ciao Bella the spoken part she sounds different to me, maybe more just herself/happy (?).

Gang Bang is a gritty song, so the vocals in this fits.  Like you said, she's "taunting" in the song.  What I will say for Madonna, while she may never been successful as an actress in films, she makes up for how she acts in songs.  She is able to emote and express vocally in her songs when taking on a character.  It just never was as successful when she did it in films.

13 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

Idk in Gang Bang is it talking or singing tho, it’s kinda the Champagne Rose voice like that taunting/bratty vibe, unserious. Versus IDSIF has a kinda lusty, inviting tone, Ciao Bella the spoken part she sounds different to me, maybe more just herself/happy (?).

Agreed.

For the most part, I have enjoyed all of her spoken songs. Her voice works so well on record.

5 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

My favorite is I’m Going Bananas idk what she was going for but to me it’s Lucille Ball shenanigans and I love it 😎 guilty pleasure 

Exactly.  Not that "I'm Going Bananas"  is even close to an iconic song, but this is a song that shows Madonna has a huge sense of humor.  We've seen it before this song as well, but this and "Cry Baby" always proved to me that we needn't to always take her seriously as an artist.  She shows that she can be versatile and that's why she's proven to be a great entertainer.  It's an artist like her who take a huge hit like Like A Virgin and then perform it in a humorous and creative way like she did during the GIrlie Show.  So I am never surpised when she does songs like "Superstar", "Bitch, I'm Loca", "Spanish Lesson" and "Birthday Song" because I know she's always been tongue and cheek, even though some never get the humor.

12 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

My favorite is I’m Going Bananas idk what she was going for but to me it’s Lucille Ball shenanigans and I love it 😎 guilty pleasure 

Yes!

Madonna has always had such a great sense of humor and I’m Going Bananas is a perfect example of that humor coming out in song.

I wish the general public saw this side of M more,. They might be shocked at how great her sense of humor is.

6 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

So the point of those teasers are for shorts or TikTok use..explaining why they are short..

❤️Can't wait for them to release itScreenshot_2023-05-31-19-44-56-794_com.android.chrome-edit.thumb.jpg.fa7f369a7f79c5404de01cdb3356a6ea.jpg

Please consider the fact that TIK TOK is the most popular medium on the internet these days, much like MTV was back in the 80's on television. But these teasers also hit other social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Snaphchat and Facebook. And in the coming months and years, you can bet other social media platforms will over take these platforms eventually. 

1 hour ago, DickTracy said:

Wouldn’t it be funny if the song was like 1:59 and we were all hyped over 20 seconds of it?

The meltdowns would be endless.  Just another reason I try to not have expectations.  We've had 40 years of great music.  Of course, during those 4 decades, fans have come and gone and she's managed to accumulate a diverse fan base.  I'm just happy to be among the fans who have been satisfied with the bulk of her career.  Anything she successfully achieves at this point, is a cherry on top. :)

8 hours ago, Blue Prince said:

Wait, I am confused. Are you actually saying that IDSIF song is lower than Gang Bang? Because it isn't. Or are you talking about the way she says those words precisely? Because I don't understand what's so annoying about the way she says Bang Bang in particular (she never says Gang Bang so you compared a song title to a song's hook)? Yeah sorry 

Yeah the Bratty “if you’re gonna act like a bitch”

”and I got a lot of friends there”

and that scream. When the real scream on bitch I’m Madonna is much more convincing. “Who do you think you are”

The way her voice is processed and the  she says “Finally Enough Love” on the choruses  is very powerful and sexy and inviting. Like her voice on Waiting

56 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Yeah the Bratty “if you’re gonna act like a bitch”

”and I got a lot of friends there”

and that scream. When the real scream on bitch I’m Madonna is much more convincing. “Who do you think you are”

The way her voice is processed and the  she says “Finally Enough Love” on the choruses  is very powerful and sexy and inviting. Like her voice on Waiting

Okay I think I get what you mean. But it's less about her vocal and the production and more about the emotion behind that annoys you. Gang Bang is angry, while IDSIF is supposed to be sexy as a tribute to her 90's music. Plus only when she says Finally Enough Love she sounds good, the whole song is very nasal and annoying to me haha.

It's beautiful when she uses her lower register in a sexy way, she does the same more recently in Back That Up when she sings about drinking Krug Rosé.

• RUADJAI changed the title to VULGAR
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic