VULGAR

deathproof

Okay, this is incredibly trashy, and yet I *love* it. I feel like she's been going for trashy club songs for so long now that haven't really hit the mark (Girl Gone Wild, Bitch I'm Madonna, etc etc)...this one finally gets it right. 

This is going to be huge with the gays. Especially when she goes B I T C H. It's going to be played at clubs throughout all of Pride month, no question. Agreed with whoever said it's her "Work Bitch". This is going to be a future Madonna cult club classic.

Just wish it went on a bit longer at the end. It ends just when it's really getting good with the beat. 

Also, wish her lyrics were a little better. :seeno:

1 minute ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Also, wish her lyrics were a little better. :seeno:

You didn't have to make it so small.  While I agree this probably will be big with the Gay crowd, the lyrics are pretty on point with how most songs are these days.  It doesn't excuse her or mean she should follow that trend, but sometimes the most ridiculous songs become huge hits. 

We've all heard worse and this is far from it.  Unfortunately, this is the sort of thing that gets attention in the music industry.  Until someone like Adele chimes in with something unexpectedly.

Ok after listening to it over and over I have to say I like it. I hope it's another Padam Padam situation, where there is a short version and an extended mix. And a CD single! Give us something physical to buy.

The biggest let down is how much build up there is at the end with "say our names" and then the song doesn't end with "Sam and Madonna". 100% would have made it more satisfying 

27 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Ok after listening to it over and over I have to say I like it. I hope it's another Padam Padam situation, where there is a short version and an extended mix. And a CD single! Give us something physical to buy.

The biggest let down is now much build up there is at the end with "say our names" and then the song doesn't end with "Sam and Madonna". 100% would have made it more satisfying 

It's possible its not the full song.  But then again, the trend lately is shorter songs.

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

I prefer songs like Keep It Together and You’re Honesty. But Vulgar is my favorite Sam Smith song. Madonna didn’t co-produce this so it doesn’t sound like a Madonna song. 

She sounds really good in it. It's like a Sam & Madonna commercial for themselves/vulgar stuff. Empowering stuff that will make for great videos.

• RUADJAI changed the title to VULGAR
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic