VULGAR

deathproof

13 hours ago, SonnyX said:

I mean that it seems to be a catchy/fun song but that it sticks to the same formula and imagery that she has used so often in the past (Human Nature, Erotica etc.) A sound that will appeal only to her main fanbase and that you will only hear in gay clubs (nothing wrong with that!!! I guess that is her intention with this song). "Popular" on the other hand, sounds more "fresh" compared to her recent collabs and hopefully will appeal to a wider audience.

No way.

Vulgar is a much more enjoyable song and is fun and doesn’t feature those weird M vocals that she has been mostly using since 2008.

13 hours ago, MCL_1993 said:

IKR!!! I an other universe, this would have been a banger that finall got M back on track for the younger generation but this is just some mediocre talking over an instrumental. Like Vogue Break My Soul Pt2 or sth.

So you must hate Popular then.

Vulgar is a lot more enjoyable to my ears.

18 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Same, I appreciate popular - it's very The Weeknd which is obviously his song - Vulgar is very drag race, it's been said and I agree - it'll be pumped through out Pride!

They should release the remixes for vulgar on 28th June,that would be epic

33 minutes ago, danielsevilla said:

I love both songs 💕

Same here.  I don't think the two really compare anyway.  It's like comparing apples and oranges and I can understand how some might favor one over the other due to the difference of style, sound, vocals, message and lyrics.  Then there is the idea that some may not enjoy the particular artist, so they may be less incline or open to enjoy the song as others do.  I'm happy to be able to enjoy both songs equally, but there is something to Popular I like just a bit better.  Vulgar is supposed to be fun and outrageous while Popular is more of a serious chill summer vibe. I think it's great she has two contrasting songs out right now and it seems for the most part, most fans are enjoying both.

25 minutes ago, WopaelWopael said:

Can you guys imagine a live performance of this song? I think its too wild and fast to be performed by todays madonna… 

I personally think she can handle it and there's that Tick ToK video she did yesterday where she seemed to keep up with miming/singing to the song.  I'm thinking she's probably going to feature this on tour during the Ballroom section.

9 minutes ago, tscott said:

I personally think she can handle it and there's that Tick ToK video she did yesterday where she seemed to keep up with miming/singing to the song.  I'm thinking she's probably going to feature this on tour during the Ballroom section.

I think that tik tok shows the opposite, but lets see :) maybe with a slowed down version and with more brakes 

Just now, diegolcl said:

I think this one is going to be used as, or part of, an interlude on the tour.

Possibly.  Though there has been hints of her having a Ballroom section on the tour which may inlclude Vogue.  I'm curious to think that maybe Vulgar may be intertwined or mashed somehow.  Then there is the possibility she may mix in "Break My Soul" as well.  Imagine her finding a way to mash all that into a performance.  Probably would drive the audience mad.  Because she'll be covering all bases by including something more fresh with the old.

8 hours ago, Ayham said:

So I just listened to it again… I like her screams… 😅😭😂 

I just don’t get the fact that “they” used the word filthy 💀💀💀 is this suppose to be a sexy song? Like hot vibes?!! It’s actually a whole new level of embarrassment… lyrics should be burned! 💩💀😂🤯

I'm not a huge fan of the track, it's not that bad though. Popular is nicer for me, I like the beat and the mood a lot, but definitely not a Madonna track: she gives her touch nicely, that's it. I still remain waiting for a new proper Madonna release.

Said that, the lyrics, after "Tokischa, ¿que lo qué? Yo quiero un culo nuevo" and the whole "Material Gworrlll" thing, are acceptable imo.

Nothing meaningful, it's just that attitude ... the usual one at this point, it seems being all about that in the recent years. But you know, after what they did to Frozen last year, I take this as a circumspect hesitant moment of hope.

Reason she leaked Vulgar a week earlier.
You’ll hate it on first listen. You’ll ignore it the next few days. Get curious and get back to it on Tuesday. On Wednesday you’ll kind of like it. Thursday you’re hooked. And on the 9th you’re a helpless Vulgarian streaming like crazy. 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic