VULGAR

deathproof

Vulgar is so much better than I expected.  Madonna is very authentic on modern tracks in a way that her 80's and 90's contemporaries just aren't.  I actually like Sam Smith but was getting bored with them trying to be Celine or Adele 2.0.  I am all in for the diversity within their catalogue.  As well, I wish people would stop judging M's new music with her immaculate anthems.  Vulgar was not supposed to be Live to Tell, Like a Prayer Frozen or Hung Up.  Vulgar is an art piece and perfect for it's  message.  And it is fun as hell.

7 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

i like the lyrics, it's really about supporting Sam Smith and through them, people who recognize themself in him, it's like people call them vulgar and other names and to fight against them and feel empowered they pretend they are Madonna and turns out, she really is on their side and will split your banana if you attack them (I think this should have been the lyrics to Bitch I'm Madonna to make it better). It's something a lot of us experienced and did (without Madonna being directly involved, sadly).

(Gosh, i had to go back and correct all the pronouns in this)

PS : Thick and short dicks really are the worst. 

Si 

8 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Vulgar is so much better than I expected.  Madonna is very authentic on modern tracks in a way that her 80's and 90's contemporaries just aren't.  I actually like Sam Smith but was getting bored with them trying to be Celine or Adele 2.0.  I am all in for the diversity within their catalogue.  As well, I wish people would stop judging M's new music with her immaculate anthems.  Vulgar was not supposed to be Live to Tell, Like a Prayer Frozen or Hung Up.  Vulgar is an art piece and perfect for it's  message.  And it is fun as hell.

Sam's latest album is pretty good.  I prefer Sam's more calmer tracks, but I agree this direction is a nice change of pace for them. I also like how they are making a play on conventional beauty.  Owning and being proud of whom they are.

10 minutes ago, tscott said:

Sam's latest album is pretty good.  I prefer Sam's more calmer tracks, but I agree this direction is a nice change of pace for them. I also like how they are making a play on conventional beauty.  Owning and being proud of whom they are.

Agreed.  Vulgar seems purposeful and the message is so positive.  A lot of people sing controversial songs just to be controversial. I need a purpose and message, not a rehash of an 8th grade playground conversation.  For example, Erotica seemed purposeful to me where Rebel Heart's SEX did not.  Madonna tends to have a clear message in her naughtiness.  I definitely am a fan of Sam.  I just appreciate the diversity here. A lot of their songs are similar.  I love Sade and Annie Lennox but the diversity is missing.  Vulgar definitely checks all of my boxes.  

4 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Agreed.  Vulgar seems purposeful and the message is so positive.  A lot of people sing controversial songs just to be controversial. I need a purpose and message, not a rehash of an 8th grade playground conversation.  For example, Erotica seemed purposeful to me where Rebel Heart's SEX did not.  Madonna tends to have a clear message in her naughtiness.  I definitely am a fan of Sam.  I just appreciate the diversity here. A lot of their songs are similar.  I love Sade and Annie Lennox but the diversity is missing.  Vulgar definitely checks all of my boxes.  

Are you saying Short Dick Man wasn’t purposeful?

Wasn't short dick man (when i used to live in London we were singing don't want no Shoreditch man) on the handwritten playlist Madonna made fo the Blond Ambition tour pre show ? 

Edit. No it wasn't since it was released 4 years later, stupid me. 

nov17-212-lg.jpg

As i was looking for "Madonna" "Shot Dick Man" on Google i found a forum full of fragile men discussing the topic, hilarious

Capture-d-cran-2023-06-04-172106.png

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

Wasn't short dick man (when i used to live in London we were singing don't want no Shoreditch man) on the handwritten playlist Madonna made fo the Blond Ambition tour pre show ? 

Edit. No it wasn't since it was released 4 years later, stupid me. 

nov17-212-lg.jpg

As i was looking for "Madonna" "Shot Dick Man" on Google i found a forum full of fragile men discussing the topic, hilarious

Capture-d-cran-2023-06-04-172106.png

bit of a reach in a forum called "LPSG'

6 hours ago, PlayPause said:

The more I listen to it, the more brilliant I think it is.

Very catchy empowerment anthem and ballroom extravaganza. They're directly calling out haters and all the -phobes you can imagine. It's bold and vulgar as it should be.

Yes!

This is an excellent song and very Madonna, unlike that Popular song, where nothing about it is Madonna.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic