VULGAR

deathproof

12 minutes ago, missberic said:

Do you guys remember how Unholy came to be a hit? I honestly don't recall what was the timeline, but it feels like it was a very organic positive response from the public that lead to heavy word-of-mouth, TikTok virals and a climb to #1. No payola, multiple Spotify playlists and stuff like that. I hope that will be the case here cause I don't think either Sam's or Madonna's name have that much impact right now to gather huge streaming numbers just by putting a new song out.

Yes. It became a trend on tiktok and other social media apps. The reception of the song was not very strong, but there was a big push for it’s success since a trans singer was attached to it

1 minute ago, deathproof said:

Yes. It became a trend on tiktok and other social media apps. The reception of the song was not very strong, but there was a big push for it’s success since a trans singer was attached to it

It's amazing that it got to where it did. But I do think that, whether people liked the song or not, the fact that it was at the very least well produced, catchy and had a decent music video helped a lot. Fingers crossed we'll have something to be proud of this time around, it may boost the chances of it gaining more attention.

"Unholy" had a lot of "help" to become a massive hit, just like every massive hit has. But people liked it in the end, simple as that. Also, it was a hyper calculated song made for the streaming era: 2:36 in length and each few seconds something new and different happens in the production, so it doesn't get boring and you never skip. It was super smart in that sense.

1 minute ago, Askeroff said:

well Unholy gets massive streams since 1st day but we cant be sure if there payola or not.

cause most labels use it :Madonna003:

Yeah, for sure there was some money thrown around. I just meant it felt different than, per say, Miley's Flowers that was shoved down everyone's throat from day 1 in a very bizarre way when she clearly doesn't have a massive force popularity-wise and the song is... well :bothered:

27 minutes ago, missberic said:

Do you guys remember how Unholy came to be a hit? I honestly don't recall what was the timeline, but it feels like it was a very organic positive response from the public that lead to heavy word-of-mouth, TikTok virals and a climb to #1. No payola, multiple Spotify playlists and stuff like that. I hope that will be the case here cause I don't think either Sam's or Madonna's name have that much impact right now to gather huge streaming numbers just by putting a new song out.

Well they are more well know than anyone else she’s collaborated with in the past 5 years

12 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Madonna sells out arenas worldwide.

When was her last chart hit?

The post is an answer to someone referring her as one of the most irritating and disliked artist at the moment, translating this to the failure of a product. 

Probably this song might not be a hit, but because of many other reasons than what the original poster intended.

People tend to forget that Twitter and other social media outlets are not the totality of the world we live in. 

4 minutes ago, missberic said:

Yeah, for sure there was some money thrown around. I just meant it felt different than, per say, Miley's Flowers that was shoved down everyone's throat from day 1 in a very bizarre way when she clearly doesn't have a massive force popularity-wise and the song is... well :bothered:

I think the song is actually good and the video is hot. She’s also done a lot of groundwork with her past recent releases, a lot of good promo and visuals. Not my favourite artist by any means but she has certainly built up a fanbase with a lot of good live performances and videos.

Just now, missberic said:

yeah Miley - "Flowers"  was a perfect example of work of her new label and shows us that good label really can do wonders

cause she flopping and everybody give up on her 

payola is not a bad thing when is not aggressive it just a pr marketing

3 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

yeah Miley - "Flowers"  was a perfect example of work of her new label and shows us that good label really can do wonders

cause she flopping and everybody give up on her 

payola is not a bad thing when is not aggressive it just a pr marketing

Her music was still charting around the world before Flowers. I wouldn’t say she was flopping. Just not at #1.

I think Miley did a good job cleaning her name and image with Plastic Hearts, even straight people were suddenly saying she was cool. But let's not act like she was having good numbers. Flowers may have been well received cause the public was not hating on her anymore, but it sure involved a LOT of flower$ to be as popular as it was. And the "dishing the ex" marketing sure helped, that same week Shakira came out with that awful song of hers written by a 14 year old girl and it even broke records.

Just now, missberic said:

I think Miley did a good job cleaning her name and image with Plastic Hearts, even straight people were suddenly saying she was cool. But let's not act like she was having good numbers. Flowers may have been well received cause the public was not hating on her anymore, but it sure involved a LOT of flower$ to be as popular as it was. And the "dishing the ex" marketing sure helped, that same week Shakira came out with that awful song of hers written by a 14 year old girl and it even broke records.

Miley didn't have a good numbers long time but her music always was so damn good

then we got Flowers not her best  its really show us a good label work 

51 minutes ago, missberic said:

Flowers was everywhere and is far more digestible to the general public.

• RUADJAI changed the title to VULGAR
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic