VULGAR

deathproof

On 6/2/2023 at 2:58 PM, PlayPause said:

My job as a fan and music listener IS NOT TO GIVE AWAY MY DATA TO SPOTIFY, NOT TO WAGE CHART WARS, NOT TO BE AN UNWILLING PART OF CAPITALISTIC QUEST FOR GROWTH THAT'S KILLING US ALL, NOT TO BE ACTING LIKE I'M A DUMB MILITARY IN A MADONNA ARMY. (she wouldn't like it anyway)

My job as a fan and music listener is to enjoy the music. Be it a vinyl on my record player, an mp3 file on my computer or a stream on my mobile.

@PlayPause, totally agree with you. As a fan who has been supportive througout decades, who has spent significant amount on tickets, physical releases etc., I don't feel any responsibility or any "duty" to be bound to stream so she gets better numbers. Not my responsibility. I consume her music the way I wanna... Telling me how to listen to Madonna is borderline fascistic, and so-unlike-what-Madonna-stands for.

On 6/2/2023 at 11:21 AM, Andreo said:

Then you wonder why Madonna won't succeed, even when a long awaited collab is about to drop you guys are already spreading leaks, saving them up on your phone so you won't ever be playing it from official streaming apps, and the song won't grow at all. Wait a few days more ffs

yes, sir/Mrs Sir/yes, Sir! We should all do as you say because that's the only correct way of being a fan.

I just listened to the song and luckily the lyrics weren't as vulgar as I had imagined. And it could not be otherwise because despite having had some vulgar episodes at certain times in her career, we all know that Madonna is not vulgar, quite the opposite: she is elegant, sophisticated and classy. That is why any act of vulgarity that Madonna tries to do will look so elegant that in the end it will end up being vulgar but classy despite how illogical or crazy it may sound.

Being vulgar is lacking in manners, yelling all the time, belching in public, using slang all the time, exaggeratedly flaunting your sexuality, scratching your private parts in public, twerking, inappropriate displays of physical contact between two people in inappropriate places where children or the elderly are present, etc. And trying to defend this behavior in a song does not seem like the best idea to me, but I feel that Madonna does it simply to support Sam Smith, who apparently seeks acceptance of something that has always been disapproved of in society and I doubt that Sam will achieve it because the Vulgarity is a defect, it always has been, and there is no reason to justify its acceptance.

By the way, I would have liked to see gender equality in the lyrics because not only men criticize the new image of Sam Smith but many women. what happened then? Was it politically incorrect to make fun of them in the song? We are in other times. Both genres are just as cruel when it comes to criticizing or making fun of a certain person's defect and that is why continuing to classify men as the villains or the bad guys in the movie already sounds quite outdated and not very credible in these times.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic