Questions about Madonna & Politics

livethelife

8 hours ago, livethelife said:
  1. Why Madonna didn't vote for the president before 1993?
  2. Why Madonna didn't reveal her democratic views before 1992?
  3. Was she always a Democrat?
  4. What Madonna thought about Ronald Reagan?
  5. Why Madonna didn't speak up about foreign policy before 2003?
  6. Was she always for rights for men, women and people in general since 80s?
  7. Did she speak about domestic violence?

Do your research.

6 hours ago, Glassy24 said:

... I know that. I'm in a Madonna forum.

(Still an awful, tone-deaf and embarrassing idea lol.)

Reminder : "Black Madonna" is a thing in christianity and catholic iconography, so it's not just a bad play on words that she came up with. We could debate for hours about this and in the end the people would still call her a racist, which obviously nobody could ever prove.

2 hours ago, dankpepe said:

Is Madonna secretly a Satanist / Luciferean and uses hidden messages / visuals in her work as a nod to Satan? {I can provide sources}

Oh nice an alt right profile claims they have sources about an imaginary cult for an imaginary entity.

I'm so NOT curious to hear what you have to say.

10 hours ago, Kacper said:

I think it's cool idea. In Poland there is a  painting called "Black Madonna" portraying  black Virgin Mary. It's upmost glorified painting in that country, next to the painting of president of the ruling party 🤭

Not as cool here since she's American and blackface is not a good look given the US' history (to say the least)...

10 hours ago, PlayPause said:

Oh nice an alt right profile claims they have sources about an imaginary cult for an imaginary entity.

I'm so NOT curious to hear what you have to say.

Um, sir, these questions were for Madonna. You aren't the main character here nor are you her spokesperson. So there is no need to reply to everyone's questions with your own answers

On 5/25/2023 at 9:41 PM, livethelife said:
  1. Why Madonna didn't vote for the president before 1993?
  2. Why Madonna didn't reveal her democratic views before 1992?
  3. Was she always a Democrat?
  4. What Madonna thought about Ronald Reagan?
  5. Why Madonna didn't speak up about foreign policy before 2003?
  6. Was she always for rights for men, women and people in general since 80s?
  7. Did she speak about domestic violence?

1. I don't think she's ever answered this but one could assume that watching her friends die of AIDS while Ronald Regan did absolutely nothing aside from painting the disease as a "gay disease" was enough to set aside the social construct that one doesn't talk about their political affiliation. 

2. I can imagine that when your occupation relies on popularity, that picking a group that only 50% of people identify with wouldn't be very smart. 

3. Madonna was always for peoples rights and equality. Im not a political historian so I don't know the intricacies of each parties beliefs throughout time, but Im pretty sure her views are unchanged. Except for maybe covid. 🤣

4. See above. 

5. The world is complicated, it takes time to understand what is actually happening before one goes around declaring what they think is right and wrong. Also, the propaganda of one's own country is also very seductive and insidious and people often times don't ever realize their country is a part of the problem until they learn a different country's point of view. It's easy to wave an American flag when all you've ever heard is that "we are the greatest nation". When you see your country deciding to go to war (9/11) when the initial attack is the equivalent of a 3 year old throwing a rock at you and you have the power to run them over with a car... and the entire country is united to go to war based off of emotion rather than sound judgement... its enough to open one's eyes to the absurdities of humans and their ability to be manipulated. 

6. Yes. There's video evidence recently uncovered where she discusses racism before she became famous. 

7. Only to clear that Sean never hit her, I think. And that one song.