Do your parents and/or children listen Madonna?

livethelife

Once my mom said, when she was still a child of the Soviet Union, that she had a Kato Deva cassette (Like A Virgin for sale in Bulgaria). After moving to Israel, she only heard two songs from Ray Of Light (Frozen and The Power Of Good-Bye). My mom is not a big fan, she just likes her songs.

My mom like some of her songs and recognize a lot but she is not her fan much. When I play Madonna electrofolk / autotune songs or any remixes she rolls her eyes and  ask me to "turn her off". About recent songs she likes Medelin though, I don't. 😅

My grandma listens to religious songs, can't really say if she ever liked any "normal" songs for general public. Obviously she knows Madonna but doesn't have a good opinion about her because of Madonna's religious scandals during Pope John Paul II era.

I believe my godfather likes Madonna much more than my mother, which makes him second biggest fan next to me. 

My mom is hilarious. She has always called Madonna, Madawn (say it quickly)

She lives in a different province. We talk every second day. I cannot tell you how many times she has said to me ( and still does)

"...Madawn got anything new out? Got anything coming from Madawn? Do you want 50 dollars to order something? How about 100?. I got you spoiled. Mom's man!"

I never turn down money offered from my Mom lol

She says to me all the time that there can't be anything I have left to get of Madawn. I remind her it never ends and will never end.

Edit.. when I was a kid and Justify My Love came out, Mom would say, "What in the world is wrong with that young maid always saying Justify Justify Justify. She's not all there."

😆

I NEVER bring up Madonna with my mum, only very occasionally does she hear something about her.

When the bathtub incident happened my mum was insistent that it wasn’t Madonna but a Chinese impersonator.

She was also recently telling me Madonna had been exposed for child trafficking in Africa which was news to me lol.

My mother definitely was a fan.  She took me to the Who's that Girl Tour.  My dad would pop in my Virgin Tour VHS, anytime that he wanted me to be in the livingroom.  Apparently, Madonna brings the NASCAR fans and the gays together.  Haha My daughter listens to a lot of Madonna when she misses me.  Her favorites are the I'm Breathless album and American Life.  My son, not so much.  

My sister was a huge fan in the 80’s and the reason I got into her but she stopped listening to in the early 90s. She liked Ray of Light and Music but hates everything afterwards except Hung Up. My mom was a casual fan in the 80s but that’s about it. Always supported my addiction though and bought me stuff. I remember when she got the Billboard Lifetime achievement award in 96 my mom said “huh people still like her? That’s cool” 😂

now my daughter is 4 and has no choice to listen to her in the house and the car 😂 she does love her songs and songs along. When she was 2 her favourite was “1,2 Cha cha cha” she said that all the time 😂 now her favourite song is Funky Town

Well my parents have been hearing passivly M's music since i became a fan at the age of 6 in 1984. actually my Mom still likes la Isla and my late Father's fave was papa don't preach (since he thought the song was positivly dedicated to dad :tongue:)

As Italians, we watched togehter Whos That Girl tour Torino and Blond Ambition Barcelona, both broadcasted on Rai Uno. and of course San Remo 95 and 98...infact i was there in 98 where i saw our spiritual Queen for the first time :hearteyes:

In early 90ies however it wasnt that cool beeing a fan for me because of all this bruhu ha ha around Sex/Erotica. Infact i kept my Sex book hidden at a friends place :smile:

Around Bedtime Stories, Evita, Ray of Light my parents became M friendli again, since then she has become a mother and did perform more seriously..

Nobody knew back then M would be massivly provocative again in 00..

At last i took my Mom with to Sticky and Sweet Zürich 08. I have a cool Mother :hearteyes:

Edited by dude78 (see edit history)

On 5/26/2023 at 5:04 PM, ScottyX said:

My mom is hilarious. She has always called Madonna, Madawn (say it quickly)

She lives in a different province. We talk every second day. I cannot tell you how many times she has said to me ( and still does)

"...Madawn got anything new out? Got anything coming from Madawn? Do you want 50 dollars to order something? How about 100?. I got you spoiled. Mom's man!"

I never turn down money offered from my Mom lol

She says to me all the time that there can't be anything I have left to get of Madawn. I remind her it never ends and will never end.

Edit.. when I was a kid and Justify My Love came out, Mom would say, "What in the world is wrong with that young maid always saying Justify Justify Justify. She's not all there."

😆

God bless her!!! Made me laugh… 😂😂😂