The Singapore Madonna Link

BuggedOut

6 hours ago, DickTracy said:

I had a friend a few towns over that I met on mlvc.org mailing list he would send me personalized cassettes with these DMC and hot mixes etc I still have them all. I wonder if something rare is on them. Imma pull them from the archive next time and scan the track lists for you guys. They’re really cool.

i was on the list to! i got so much rare stuff in trades. i loved that list!

How I would have liked to know and participate in those forums but in those years I was still a minor and did not know the Internet. The first Madonna forum that I met and participated in commenting was in MadonnaTribe, specifically the forum in Spanish but unfortunately the fights, the drama and the chaos originated among the users caused its temporary closure although it was later reopened but it no longer had the same reception of before.

By the way, how ironic to think that not even the fanaticism that we have in common for Madonna has enough power to be able to unite and respect each other because we are so passionate in defending our opinions or personal positions regarding certain issues that fanaticism ends up passing to background and we behave like staunch enemies and where offenses and insults are the common denominator in these turbulent interactions and where the moderators end up acting as if they were the referee in a boxing ring. Literal.

3 minutes ago, DanK said:

Awesome website. That low-Q world premiere of FROZEN there was everything - does anyone still have that mp3 file ???

Little trivia for y''all : the infamous "DEAR LOURDES" track known as a Madonna demo is actually sung by Jason Choi (webmaster of the Singapore Madonna link).

oh I remember that wow did not know this!

8 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

I remember when Ashram was at war sith other sites and the owner would get into hissy fits with folks from the Madonnaclub irc channel. Those were the days lol

RealMedia files 🤣

omg I was naive too all of that lol - yes IRC so good! I remember being part of a IRC Madonna remix club and they'd send random remixes - one day the Impressive Instant remixes dropped - so good!

• 3 weeks later...