Videos after 2009

Honey Little

Just now, Blue Jean said:

Gang bang should have been the lead single. It was the stand out on the album, everyone was talking about that song.

Yes, with a video directed by Quentin Tarentino, but I can’t see it as the lead single. 2nd after the light Turn Up the Radio, followed by I’m Addicted after Gang Bang. ❤️

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Gang bang should have been the lead single. It was the stand out on the album, everyone was talking about that song.

I think it would have made a great first promotional video to kick off the album if she was able to get Tarantino like she wished.  Though, I don't think it would have meshed well with Superbowl kick off and promotion which was planned so long in advance.  She was trying to go for a more All American approach when kicking off the album with the Superbowl. Couple that with W.E. and Masterpiece getting a lot of attention. She got a lot of great press with the Superbowl performance, so a video like she wanted with guns ablazing, probably wouldn't have gone over well for the kick off.  Under different circumstances, it probably would have worked.

3 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Medellin has some very good parts like the cha cha lesson, but the marriage sequence is horrid. Plus the prayer at the beginning, the horses at the end. It's just too much. What a mess.

Of all the MX videos, the best is probably the simplest, Batuka.

100% agree. For something that is suppose to be so epic Medellin is just not very memorable. Batuka is simple yet very effective.

21 minutes ago, tscott said:

I think it would have made a great first promotional video to kick off the album if she was able to get Tarantino like she wished.  Though, I don't think it would have meshed well with Superbowl kick off and promotion which was planned so long in advance.  She was trying to go for a more All American approach when kicking off the album with the Superbowl. Couple that with W.E. and Masterpiece getting a lot of attention. She got a lot of great press with the Superbowl performance, so a video like she wanted with guns ablazing, probably wouldn't have gone over well for the kick off.  Under different circumstances, it probably would have worked.

You are right. Perhaps GGW as the lead followed by Gang Bang?

I get they wanted a song to tie in with SB but I think releasing the single straight after would have been okay. Super Bowl was mostly a tool to sell the tour anyway.

GMAYL was just such a terrible lead single. It really seemed to damage her career as it was the big comeback after leaving Warner.

8 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

You are right. Perhaps GGW as the lead followed by Gang Bang?

I get they wanted a song to tie in with SB but I think releasing the single straight after would have been okay. Super Bowl was mostly a tool to sell the tour anyway.

GMAYL was just such a terrible lead single. It really seemed to damage her career as it was the big comeback after leaving Warner.

GMAYL was definitely a tie in for the SB.  I didn't hate the song and I thought the video was great, but of course, GGW is much better.  I still agree under different circumstance, Gang Bang could have served well kicking off MDNA if she wasn't doing the Super Bowl.  She could have probably cooked up a lot of controversy with a video.  Though, I don't see the song having any radio/mainstream appeal, so a single release wouldn't probably gone over well, but who knows a controversial video could have helped sales.  But I'd think I'd let that go to the album, rather release a single.  The video would serve as promotional and then she could dive in by releasing "GGW" as a single and followed up with a video.

Though, they did quickly follow up the Superbowl, with Girl Gone Wild being released as GMAYL was dropped like a hot potato by radio.  There is no way that song would have gone top 10 without the deal they made with Superbowl and radio. 

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

Maybe not the greatest song, but the video is far from worst!

THE BEST ----> Give me All Your Luvin
Batuka
Living for Love
Girl Gone Wild
God Control
Ghosttown
Bitch I'm Madonna
Dark Ballet
Crave
Turn up the Radio
Hung up remix
Frozen on Fire
THE WORST ----> Medellin

I don't hate it, its decent but I just find it pretty unmemorable for such a big budget video.

23 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

THE BEST ----> Give me All Your Luvin
Batuka
Living for Love
Girl Gone Wild
God Control
Ghosttown
Bitch I'm Madonna
Dark Ballet
Crave
Turn up the Radio
Hung up remix
Frozen on Fire
THE WORST ----> Medellin

I don't hate it, its decent but I just find it pretty unmemorable for such a big budget video.

tumblr_ncskpemdSt1rjeefio1_250.gifv

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I still believe Gimme was chosen because M was performing at Superbowl so she and/or her team though the cheer element of the song would be a perfect match... talk about not thinking outside the box...

8 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I still believe Gimme was chosen because M was performing at Superbowl so she and/or her team though the cheer element of the song would be a perfect match... talk about not thinking outside the box...

You can't be serious?  That song was written specifically for the Superbowl.  There was no "chosen" to it.  She obviously was ask to write something specifically for the Superbowl and she did.  It may not be everyone's favorite Madonna song, but its a decent song for it's purpose.

Just now, tscott said:

You can't be serious?  That song was written specifically for the Superbowl.  There was no "chosen" to it.  She obviously was ask to write something specifically for the Superbowl and she did.  It may not be everyone's favorite Madonna song, but it's a decent song for it's purpose.

that's even worse. I don't even know why there should be a special Superbowl song.... it's like those queens on Drag Race who do something too literal for the runway theme and get booted off the show :eyes:

13 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Yeah that’s totally why. But it’s just not a good song. After it leaked 90% of the fanbase disliked it. I don’t know how they didn’t get the memo. Maybe they thought it would appeal to straight men ?

Just now, Blue Jean said:

Yeah that’s totally why. But it’s just not a good song. After it leaked 90% of the fanbase disliked it. I don’t know how they didn’t get the memo.

I remember when it leaked... fans were saying the final song would be totally different, using the demo for The Beat Goes on as an example.... I remember one fan saying, "Madonna wouldn't be stupid to leave the pinball machine sound in the final version!!" :laughing:

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

Yeah that’s totally why. But it’s just not a good song. After it leaked 90% of the fanbase disliked it. I don’t know how they didn’t get the memo.

Because Guy O claimed he saw a lot of praise about the song

“the plan was for new music to come out in the new year, and yet someone leaked a demo version of a song yesterday. I’m very happy with the positive reaction to the demo, but we are very upset with whoever leaked the song!!!”

🙃

1 minute ago, tscott said:

Oh please, let's not pretend this song wasn't penned for the Superbowl, no matter how it originated.

It wasn’t. It’s not even about the Super Bowl. They were just taking advantage of the situation by including cheerleader chants. But again, the chants were included in the writers demo