Which STUDIO album do you feel will be most celebrated after she passes?

Donna

Most Iconic Madonna STUDIO Album?  

103 members voted

1. 1. Which Studio album do you believe will be mostly remembered from Madonna?

• Madonna
    • LIke A Virgin
    • True Blue
    • Like A Prayer
    • I'm Breathless (please explain?)
    • Erotica
    • Bedtime Stories
    • Ray of Light
    • Music
    • American Life
    • Confessions On A Dancefloor
    • Hard Candy
    • MDNA
    • Rebel Heart
    • Madame X

While I'm sure Immaculate Collection will see a huge interest, which  ONE STUDIO album do you think will be most sought after?

Just a note, I apologize in advance to those who are triggered by this poll/topic.  It isn't intended for anyone to feel uncomfortable or feel it's being disrespectful to her.  It's something most fan have thought about, and I'm sure many of us are curious which album reigns supreme among her catalog.

17 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

I'd say Like a Virgin would be the one mainstream recognizes the most and would play the most in TV segments (i.e. LAV, Material Girl, Into the Groove)

If anyone chooses Madame X or Hard Candy, they should be banned from this site

LOL, I think we all know that there isn't anything after Confession to have such Iconic recognition.  She'll hopefully have several new albums in the future, but we all know her newer albums will most likely ever compare to the albums prior to 2010. That said, we have to be fair to include them.

10 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

as I get older I sometimes think of when Madonna will pass. People can't live forever in this plain. It does make me sad just the same.

I'm Breathless.

I added I'm Breathless because the debate forever has been if it's a studio or soundtrack, but as much as I treasure that album, I can't imagine it being remember as her most iconic, so I'm going to have ask you to explain. Be serious?  I realize it's easy to comment for shits and giggles, but you always come off as a respectful and an avid fan.  I'm curious?

7 minutes ago, tscott said:

I added I'm Breathless because the debate forever has been if it's a studio or soundtrack, but as much as I treasure that album, I can't imagine it being remember as her most iconic, so I'm going to have ask you to explain. Be serious?  I realize it's easy to comment for shits and giggles, but you come off as a respectful and avid fan.  I'm curious?

I do joke about I'm Breathless because of the argument people have about soundtrack or full out album - but it really is one of my all time favorite albums.

I think people will end up listening to the album when she passes, in retrospect - like for example, all of Tina Turners old albums are coming into play all over the place in downloads and tributes.  I think people (not the fans) will be amazed at the ability of Madonna voice and how she departed from her normal style singing.  To me, I'm Breathless is a treasure.  The Big Band tracks really showcase what she can do with a limited range. I would put it right next to Evita in how she could come across in a very convincing manner in terms of showtune type singing.

3 hours ago, ScottyX said:

I do joke about I'm Breathless because of the argument people have about soundtrack or full out album - but it really is one of my all time favorite albums.

I think people will end up listening to the album when she passes, in retrospect - like for example, all of Tina Turners old albums are coming into play all over the place in downloads and tributes.  I think people (not the fans) will be amazed at the ability of Madonna voice and how she departed from her normal style singing.  To me, I'm Breathless is a treasure.  The Big Band tracks really showcase what she can do with a limited range. I would put it right next to Evita in how she could come across in a very convincing manner in terms of showtune type singing.

I respect everything you stated, but I still am not sure the general public will immediately gravitate to "I'm Breathless" when she's gone. I don't disagree it's a great album or treasure, but there are too many other iconic albums before it and even after. 

But again, I appreciate your explanation because I'm sure there will be a number of people who will appreciate "I'm Breathless" as you described.  Look forward to others who may share your opinion. :)

5 minutes ago, Mden said:

I personally prefer her recent albums to her older ones , but the public would probably gravitate towards her 80s albums and Ray of Light . If I have to pick just one it would be True Blue. 

Don't forget to vote in the poll for your choice.  :)

3 hours ago, Honey Little said:

I chose Like a Prayer. Although I think I’m Breathless is more timeless and represents her personality and humor more and as an Icon much more so than Like a Prayer. 

💀💀💀💀 Nice joke.

Anyway, definitely something out of the holy trinity: Ray of Light, Like a Prayer, Confessions.

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

💀💀💀💀 Nice joke.

Anyway, definitely something out of the holy trinity: Ray of Light, Like a Prayer, Confessions.

It’s not a joke. I think it has all the iconic features and sexual and campy humor and amazing vocals that makes Madonna, Madonna. Ray of Light was a tiny chapter and sounds very dated. 

I would have chosen The Immaculate Collection had it been an option.  I went for Like a Virgin as it contains more general public hits than Like a Prayer.  Personally, it is my least favorite of all of the albums (although I still like it) but it is her Thriller or Purple Rain.  I do think that the Immaculate Collection would be the most played if she were to pass.  The GP loved that first decade so much.  

54 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

It’s not a joke. I think it has all the iconic features and sexual and campy humor and amazing vocals that makes Madonna, Madonna. Ray of Light was a tiny chapter and sounds very dated. 

ROL really allowed Madonna to have a second imperial phase and it´s consireded but most of critics and many fans her magnus opus, and it´s a gem of an album in every sense, a timeless gem who changed the pop world.

• Donna changed the title to Which STUDIO album do you feel will be most celebrated after she passes?