POPULAR

6 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I think it’s ok - I would have liked more vocals from her maybe some back vocals but just one verse feels like a wasted opportunity imo - I don’t know who the others singer is - I’m guessing some rapper but he sounded crap 

You realize that besides the first chorus she is singing along the Weeknd on every other one, right? So luckily it's not just that one verse. I needed more of her own vocals too though

I love the song in general so far. Her verse is nice enough. It’s very Madame X but smoother. She does the spoken bit at the beginning. And she’s singing under him in chorus after her verse. It actually lifts him in a complimentary way.  Will be listening a lot today. 

I will say, I always worried how her vocals would hold against a strong vocalist. But mutha still got it and of course her vocals were treated with that in mind. 

And for most freaking about another non-solo. This is excellent marketing. And, she’s made sure for the most part that she’s not a feat but on equal footing. It’s The Weeknd and Madonna. Sam Smith and Madonna. 

2 hours ago, HNS said:

“I've always wanted to work with her,” he said. “I’ve always wanted to write and produce a Madonna album…well, co-produce with her, of course. She’s a visionary and she has such a singular vision, and I just want to come into her world and create a classic Madonna album. That was always my dream. Hopefully this is the appetizer for that.”

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-weeknd-enlists-madonna-and-playboi-carti-for-new-idol-song-popular-listen/

I would love a Madonna album co-produced by The Weeknd... imagine if this is a hint and she has really recorded a new album with Max Martin and The Weeknd before the start of the tour :lol:

Well it's most of all produced by Mike Dean, like everything since Rebel Heart. A lot of Madame X we think is Mirwais is in fact Mike Dean and Billboard. I wzs wondering if he gas a hand on the Sam Smith track because he did on Levitating and the remixes we had lately. He even had a hand on Madame X tour, for good or bad...the Future live version is so him....he's been her go to guy for almost a decade soon.

9 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Well it's most of all produced by Mike Dean, like everything since Rebel Heart. A lot of Madame X we think is Mirwais is in fact Mike Dean and Billboard. I wzs wondering if he gas a hand on the Sam Smith track because he did on Levitating and the remixes we had lately. He even had a hand on Madame X tour, for good or bad...the Future live version is so him....he's been her go to guy for almost a decade soon.

And it's time for a change! 

25 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

this track produced with Metro

Sam Smith track has nothing to do with Mike

Ilya/ Cirkut /Omer Fedi /Ryan Tedder /Sam Smith are producers

2 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Is this a dream? My two faves together on a song? Abel saying he wants to produce a full 'classic Madonna album'? I'm crying, holy fuck...

This !!! And yea first thing I thought was how great her singing is on this and she rides that beat - it doesn’t ride her - much props to M Dolla - and an album of her and Abel I’m so here for it - finally get that Drake feature I bet 

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I think it’s ok - I would have liked more vocals from her maybe some back vocals but just one verse feels like a wasted opportunity imo - I don’t know who the others singer is - I’m guessing some rapper but he sounded crap 

Lol once she comes in she sings the full song. Don’t listen through a potato

• RUADJAI changed the title to POPULAR
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic