POPULAR

This is the way the industry has changed over the years. I suggest you all get used to it.

Madonna certainly isn’t the only one teaming up with other artists for remixes or for reissues.

She is about to chart again for the first time in such a long time and has hit an all time daily peak on Spotify…and yet her fans still find something to complain about. 

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

No.

And what hit songs has Abel produced on his own to make people think he is this production god? Nobody will answer that for me.

He produces his songs with multiple people.

Erm so does Madonna. 
It’s his vision and he co-produces all his stuff like her too. 

3 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

This is the way the industry has changed over the years. I suggest you all get used to it.

Madonna certainly isn’t the only one teaming up with other artists for remixes or for reissues.

She is about to chart again for the first time in such a long time and has hit an all time daily peak on Spotify…and yet her fans still find something to complain about. 

Preach it brother.  I'm coming to your church this Sunday,  :luv:

3 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

So if I don’t like a song I am supposed to lie and say it’s good?

I don’t like it.

Bitch I’m Madonna features others and I love it.

1 minute ago, animalinstinct said:

Erm so does Madonna. 

I’m not asking Madonna to produce another artists music, so that makes no sense.

People want Abel to produce Madonna’s album, as if he creates a sound. He contributes to a sound. I don’t care for his music, so I’d rather him not do an M album.

4 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

I’m not asking Madonna to produce another artists music, so that makes no sense.

People want Abel to produce Madonna’s album, as if he creates a sound. He contributes to a sound. I don’t care for his music, so I’d rather him not do an M album.

Ok we get it, you don’t like him. Can you stop filling this topic with negativity now?!

8 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Erm so does Madonna. 

But his vision is morphed by the other producers that he works with. If he worked with Madonna, it won’t sound like his other songs that you like unless he brings the other producers that he works with in, which he certainly would.

I am open to hearing him work with Madonna, but we haven’t heard them yet, since Madonna had no input in Popular.

Just now, animalinstinct said:

Ok we get it, you don’t like him. Can you stop filling this topic with negativity now?!

It’s not negativity. If you can go on and on about loving it, I can go on and on about not liking it.

I am not like others here who tag and beg people for likes and to get attention.

I am always nice and cordial with my replies and will continue to be so.

Feel free to ignore anyone who disagrees with you.

10 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Both have a particular unique vision that could possibly produce something magnificent.  Both are able to produce and write music and possibly come up with something highly original.  It doesn't matter if The Weeknd's albums had other writers and co-producers, but the same can be said of Madonna.  Both are verse enough in producing music together if not choosing some others to help them create the vision and sound they are looking for.  So if they actually do come together, I'm definitely interested in hearing what they will produce.

1 minute ago, tscott said:

Both have a particular unique vision that could possibly produce something magnificent.  Both are able to produce and write music and possibly come up with something highly original.  It doesn't matter if The Weeknd's albums had other writers and co-producers, but the same can be said of Madonna.  Both are verse enough in producing music together if not choosing some others to help them create the vision and sound they are looking for.  So if they actually do come together, I'm definitely interested in hearing what they will produce.

It was a similar situation when she worked with Justin Timberlake and his main producer Timberland. I’m guessing it would be the same with The Weeknd and (hopefully) Max Martin. 

13 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

It was a similar situation when she worked with Justin Timberlake and his main producer Timberland. I’m guessing it would be the same with The Weeknd and (hopefully) Max Martin. 

Exactly.  The last thing I'm thinking here is that The Weeknd couldn't bring anything to the table because he has other people help write and produce for him.  Beside if that was the case, we can say the same of Madonna since she more than not always has someone else producing and writing with her.  But did Madonna have to bring in a team of people to do her part with Sam Smith? 

What is evident here is both have a particular style and vision.  Both have talent.  They have a gift of crafting a sound whether it's their vision or from the help of others.  I personally think it would be awesome to see those two in a room together creating an album.  I'm not sure anyone is wanting Madonna to produce an album that is just like The Weeknd.  But both know how to write and produce.  Imagine what they could come up with together, whether it's between the two or if they brought others in to help.  And to be completely honest, I would expect more people would be involved in a project like this.  :)

13 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

But those songs didn’t sound like Madonna, either.

They sounded like Timbaland’s work with Nelly Furtado 2 years earlier.

Again, I’m open to anything, though. :)

Thrilled for her if she goes top ten but it's just further proof of the absolute lunacy of the power of playlisting. It's just such an unfair market place.

All these incidental plays from the bland General Public hitting play on Todays Hot Hits or New Music Friday while they go about their mundane heterosexual daily duties. It's so bleak. 

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

Madonna produced Hold Tight on her own. A very good song (rumored to be in the tour).

True. - but am not 100% convinced she did product Hold Tight on her own as sounds like Ryan Tedder had his hand in the production even though it's not credited he worked on some of the tracks for Rebel Heart. I think is same for Joan of Arc

1 minute ago, MDNA22 said:

True. - but am not 100% convinced she did product Hold Tight on her own as sounds like Ryan Tedder had his hand in the production even though it's not credited he worked on some of the tracks for Rebel Heart. I think is same for Joan of Arc

Yeah, I'm guessing some sort of agreement was made for her to receive full  and only credit.  Very few songs has she been giving soul credit, and even those I question if she hadn't had help.  Hold Tight seems to have a lot of production to it and there is no way she can do that all herself.  If so, then she would have been doing it more and long ago.  :)

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic