POPULAR

27 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Sadly it's mostly for the weeknd.

Yes, but Madonna's involved so we should be happy that the success in this will also be great for Madonna. Pretty odd for anyone to find the negative in this.  Whether The Weeknd and Playboi Carti play a huge role in this, it's all good exposure for Madonna. I am happy Madonna's involved.  Any other female artist involved and their fans would be  gracious and appreciative that they are involved. It's a nice song. Leave it to a few Madonna fans to be negative about it.  Whether you like it or not or like The Weeknd, doesn't matter at this point.  It's getting massive attention and many people DO like it. The negativity that some are interjecting into this is getting tiresome!

4 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

But Popular is an Abel song. Madonna had no hand in it and it doesn’t even sound like her lol

I wish it was her song getting all the attention, but I am sure Vulgar will gain a ton of attention along with the Max Martin track

Looking at Sam Smith's last single and a good bunch of his discography, it probably won’t. 

6 minutes ago, tscott said:

Yes, but Madonna's involved so we should be happy that the success in this will also be great for Madonna. Pretty odd for anyone to find the negative in this.  Whether The Weeknd and Playboi Carti play a huge role in this, it's all good exposure for Madonna. I am happy Madonna's involved.  Any other female artist involved and their fans would be  gracious and appreciative that they are involved. It's a nice song. Leave it to a few Madonna fans to be negative about it.  Whether you like it or not or like The Weeknd, doesn't matter at this point.  It's getting massive attention and many people DO like it. The negativity that some are interjecting into this is getting tiresome!

Le Duh I am happy she is involved...realistically as I said it's mostly because of him we have the numbers. 

1 minute ago, MPowered said:

Looking at Sam Smith's last single and a good bunch of his discography, it probably won’t. 

Anything that gains Madonna new fans and new streams is definitely something that we should be appreciating and welcoming.

How anyone could find fault with what’s going on would be surprising since all of the attention from Sam and Abel should gain her own material more streams. :party:

1 minute ago, Robertthenurse said:

Le Duh I am happy she is involved...realistically as I said it's mostly because of him we have the numbers. 

Think about it like this though: It will most definitely make her visible to a much younger audience. Similar how Elton John's collabs/cover album made him more relevant again and how Sam Smith's Unholy kinda put Kim Petras on people's radar.

4 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Some claim it's because of Playboi Carti too.  At the end of the day, the song is getting massive attention.  So why are we complaining?  She's part of a huge song accepted by the general public.  Isn't that what we want?  Whether some like it or not, doesn't matter at this point and why make an argument about it when it's actually helping Madonna gain more exposure.  It's all a positive situation, but again some try hard to find the negative when this should be a celebratory moment.

Not being negative boo. I got her tattooed on my arm so chill with the dramatics 🫠 also as mentioned about making new fans with the young crowd...my charge nurse is a Madonna fan. She wants to go to her concert, and she's like "maybe I'll ask my daughter to go with me (16) she said she likes the new song by The Weeknd" so obviously it's working. 

Some of my side bishes liked Frozen on Fire (Dml Mix), and she also gets new exposure (especially her older stuff) from being on shows like Stranger Tings 🙃

10 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Not being negative boo. I got her tattooed on my arm so chill with the dramatics 🫠 also as mentioned about making new fans with the young crowd...my charge nurse is a Madonna fan. She wants to go to her concert, and she's like "maybe I'll ask my daughter to go with me (16) she said she likes the new song by The Weeknd" so obviously it's working. 

Some of my side bishes liked Frozen on Fire (Dml Mix), and she also gets new exposure (especially her older stuff) from being on shows like Stranger Tings 🙃

I never thought you were being negative but let's not pretend there aren't a few who are trying to bring this down specifically for their dislike of The Weeknd.   But I'm happy your Charge Nurse is a Madonna fan.  What a great story. Love you have "side bishes" that are a fan of the latest viral Madonna songs.  It's all good.  I think we all want to see Madonna thrive and see more success in this crazy music world.  :Madonna057:

8 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Exactly.

Just ignore the negativity.

Most of us are excited about the new tracks, wether it’s because the songs are good or it will bring a new audience to stream Madonna.

Love the story about your charge nurse and thank you for what you do! :heart:

39 minutes ago, tscott said:

Some claim it's because of Playboi Carti too.  At the end of the day, the song is getting massive attention.  So why are we complaining?  She's part of a huge song accepted by the general public.  Isn't that what we want?  Whether some like it or not, doesn't matter at this point and why make an argument about it when it's actually helping Madonna gain more exposure.  It's all a positive situation, but again some try hard to find the negative when this should be a celebratory moment.

Exactly. She’s never going to get that sort of attention on her own so we may as well just be glad for it.

And it may set her up for more success for future solo releases. Especially if she does end up making an album with The Weeknd which will absolutely get more/better press and public response than another Sickick or Mirwais production.

3 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I suspect this too (hopefully) I also think having Stuart 24/7 and not even showing her a demo o working on some ideas seems crazy 

True but I’m assuming they will be absolutely focused on the tour.

I do hope the next album sees Stuart involved though. I’m sure he would love to be involved with Max Martin, The Weeknd and whoever else she has on board. We could be looking at some incredible new music coming up.

The production work on Vulgar is also wonderful and I’d love that producer to be involved too.

16 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Exactly. She’s never going to get that sort of attention on her own so we may as well just be glad for it.

And it may set her up for more success for future solo releases. Especially if she does end up making an album with The Weeknd which will absolutely get more/better press and public response than another Sickick or Mirwais production.

If anything I believe this could set her up for more success.  She is effortless.  I think success like this could bring more resurgence to her own catalog.  It may be a long process, but sometimes some artist need to have some down time with the public to be really appreciated.  She will rise again.  It may never measure to the same success as her past, but any little recognition and success helps. 

At the end of the day, as morbid as it sounds, once she's dead and buried she will be revered as Elvis, James Dean, Michael Jackson and Mariyn Monroe. 

44 minutes ago, tscott said:

If anything I believe this could set her up for more success.  She is effortless.  I think success like this could bring more resurgence to her own catalog.  It may be a long process, but sometimes some artist need to have some down time with the public to be really appreciated.  She will rise again.  It may never measure to the same success as her past, but any little recognition and success helps. 

At the end of the day, as morbid as it sounds, once she's dead and buried she will be revered as Elvis, James Dean, Michael Jackson and Mariyn Monroe. 

To me she's bigger than any of those names. They were just musicians...she's in her own lane imo

Just now, Robertthenurse said:

To me she's bigger than any of those names. They were just musicians...she's in her own lane imo

Don't disagree, but unfortunately what most of think of her has been minimized. We understand where she stands, but others among the general public doesn't.  We have to remember that we have to keep helping her to find ways to remain popular among the general public.  More and more fans say they don't care of  the general public, but the fact is, without the general public support, she will keep being buried.  So anytime she finds a moment to shine, appreciate it and find ways to spread it.  If not, she is going to get buried.  It's hard to imagine, but ask yourself why it's becoming harder and harder for her to remain in the public eye.  It's because the public has no interest in her. A lot of that is do to her age.  Deny it as much as you like, but it's truth because she still finds way to remain relevant with some of the biggest artists and today we are met with her teaming up with The Weekend (being one of the biggest artist these days as well as Sam Smith).  Like them or not, the two still pull much weight much like when she did in the 80's.  

9 minutes ago, tscott said:

Don't disagree, but unfortunately what most of think of her has been minimized. We understand where she stands, but others among the general public doesn't.  We have to remember that we have to keep helping her to find ways to remain popular among the general public.  More and more fans say they don't care of  the general public, but the fact is, without the general public support, she will keep being buried.  So anytime she finds a moment to shine, appreciate it and find ways to spread it.  If not, she is going to get buried.  It's hard to imagine, but ask yourself why it's becoming harder and harder for her to remain in the public eye.  It's because the public has no interest in her. A lot of that is do to her age.  Deny it as much as you like, but it's truth because she still finds way to remain relevant with some of the biggest artists and today we are met with her teaming up with The Weekend (being one of the biggest artist these days as well as Sam Smith).  Like them or not, the two still pull much weight much like when she did in the 80's.  

Nah. The public will realize what impact she had on history when she dies. Look at the pedestal they put on Anna Nicole Smith when she died -- the world is backwards. "You don't know what you got til it's gone"

21 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Nah. The public will realize what impact she had on history when she dies. Look at the pedestal they put on Anna Nicole Smith when she died -- the world is backwards. "You don't know what you got til it's gone"

Pretty much stated that....

1 hour ago, tscott said:

At the end of the day.... once she's dead and buried she will be revered as Elvis, James Dean, Michael Jackson and Mariyn Monroe. 

Thanks babe!  Like, I'm so glad we are in same lane.  Like, you know.  Where's Julie Brown when we need her?  It's crazy she didn't already write a song called "Vulgar" or "Popular"....  Instead we got "Vague" and "Expose Yourself" and my favorite "Party in My Pants".  :yarn: And gosh the party in my pants is "splitting" my "banana".

I love this song! Madonna's voice is so amazing and The Weeknd is great! I love his songs!

I know that you see me (Oh), time's gone by
Spent my whole life runnin' from your flashin' lights
Try to own it (Uh), but I'm alright (Yeah)
You can't take my soul without a fuckin' fight (Uh, oh)

Madonna will receive the recognition she deserves soon enough. This period of the public hating on her is just a phase, similar to what both MJ and Elvis went through. It’s actually part of her being such a legendary figure.

People that are universally praised tend to make far less impact and are quickly forgotten in history. 

For eg has anyone ever noticed how the constant trashing Princess Diana got in the media and by the public has been virtually rewritten out of history? All that “people’s princess” stuff was non existent when she was alive as far as I can remember. Of course there were people that loved her but in the 90s she was absolutely a polarizing figure.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic