POPULAR

18 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Where is the daily Spotify Update? The numbers should have been out already 

You might want to check out this thead where @Prayer@milingo83and @f78kare updating stats several times daily.

It's quite impressive how in just two days she's significantly increased in streams and popularity on Spotify.

13 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

I’m pretty sure it’ll debut higher. It didn’t come out on iTunes until later so lost most of a day. Also the Idol will premiere tonight or tomorrow .

Yeah, those "first looks" are a guesstimate at this point.  It's only been a few days and depending how the song is integrated in the Idol, it definitely could grow massive in the matter of days.

24 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I was under the assumption this gathering for Ahlamalik and his album that was being worked on at the time

I truly don’t know what I was for, just adding to the speculation that the working relationship between Abel and Madonna might have more levels than what we supposed even after Popular and that we will hear from her in the show. 

1 minute ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I truly don’t know what I was for, just adding to the speculation that the working relationship between Abel and Madonna might have more levels than what we supposed even after Popular and that we will hear from her in the show. 

It's possible that's when they recorded the song.  I mean her part was very minimum unless she had recorded more, but it got left.  (I know, how dare they? LOL). It just seems it was so long ago.  She's bought and sold that house then.  Wasn't this like 2 years or so now?

Been watching a lot of reaction videos for Popular.  For the most part, it's been really positive.  In most cases, a lot of people were curious on how the song would work with Madonna, The Weeknd and Playboi Carti. Interestingly enough, upon listening to the song a lot of the reactions were far more favorable of Madonna and The Weekend than Playboi Carti.  Even those who were there for Playboi were either bothered he had few repeated lines or how he pretty much mumbled gibberishly.  Almost everyone reacting were very pleased with Madonna and The Weeknd and felt like their vocals blended nicely together. Some even commented they could see Madonna and The Weeknd doing more music together. :)

Worldwide iTunes Song Chart - 2023/06/04:

#2 (+01) The Weeknd, Playboi Carti & Madonna - Popular

European iTunes Song Chart - 2023/06/04:

#3 (-01) The Weeknd, Playboi Carti & Madonna - Popular

Worldwide Apple Music Song Chart - 2023/06/04:

#2 (+06) The Weeknd, Playboi Carti & Madonna - Popular

European Apple Music Song Chart - 2023/06/04:

#6 (+02) The Weeknd, Playboi Carti & Madonna - Popular

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic