POPULAR

I think some of you are doing too much. Point of fact is Madonna’s material has been on the whole well under par in terms of mass appeal for the best part of 15 years. There’s been bad mixing, bad vocals, a lack of hooks and melody and a bratty grumpiness that has disconnected her from the general public. Plus the social media fauxs and persona which has done her a great disservice. 

There has been a recent course correction in some part and a willingness to embrace her past a bit more. 

Despite all of the above Madonna just needed one thing. Stronger material and wiser single choices. Warner never did her wrong in terms of singles in 25 yrs. Interscope years have been patchy as fuck I say this as someone who loves Rebel Heart which got 2/3 right. 

If the music is top notch the GP will follow. It hasn’t been. I’m hoping Max will come through for her. 
Here’s to the closing of those chapters and the beginning of a beautiful phase of her career. 

I believe it's unfair to call Madonna's latest music of lower quality, hence the lack of interest from the public. Every kind of shit is charting today, especially in the US. Madonna is making as good a music as every main pop girl but she gotta try extra hard and create something phenomenal to even raise one eyebrow from the GP. 

Poor single choices maybe, poor promotion too but please she makes beautiful music that no one wants an old woman make. 

2 hours ago, Blue Prince said:

I believe it's unfair to call Madonna's latest music of lower quality, hence the lack of interest from the public. Every kind of shit is charting today, especially in the US. Madonna is making as good a music as every main pop girl but she gotta try extra hard and create something phenomenal to even raise one eyebrow from the GP. 

Poor single choices maybe, poor promotion too but please she makes beautiful music that no one wants an old woman make. 

I have to agree.  Even though, some fans think Girl Gone Wild may have been horrible choice as a single, but it's very radio friendly and much like what was being released at the time. I have no doubt if Katy Perry or Lady Gaga released that song that year, it would have been huge.  Radio just doesn't want to play her newer music, and much of it is because the industry thinks she's too old for top 40 airplay. If she's lucky, she may hit the Adult Contemporary channels like she did with Ghosttown and Crave, but other than that, she won't get a hit on her own again.  Ghosttown should have been a massive hit.  There is nothing horrible about that song. 

54 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Ghosttown would have been a MASSIVE hit in the hands of any other big female pop star

I never understood this logic... it would have been a totally different song. A part of the magic is the voice, because it makes the biggest difference . Would Vogue/HungUp/etc have been a massive hit for any other female pop star? Probably not, because M's style gave it that special magic.

1 minute ago, androiduser said:

I never understood this logic... it would have been a totally different song. A part of the magic is the voice, because it makes the biggest difference . Would Vogue/HungUp/etc have been a massive hit for any other female pop star? Probably not, because M's style gave it that special magic.

I get what you are saying, but the point being here is that Madonna's of an age radio won't play.  If she was the age of the people we mentioned, they would have played the hell out of the song. 

3 hours ago, Blue Prince said:

None of the singles she’s released since 2015 had any hit potential . Some were honestly the worst things she’s ever done (eg Material Gworrrl)

6 minutes ago, tscott said:

But the problem is, it was the demo that actually went viral, so if released the album version on Madame X, it probably wouldn't have been as successful.

Im not sure how/why it gained some traction on tik tok. But im sure if she released it in the Rebel Heart or Madame X era it would have done nothing. It’s just not that good of a song really.

4 minutes ago, tscott said:

I personally hate these AI remakes, but thought I'd leave it here for those who do enjoy it.  I don't think the AI sounds like her much, but it's the closest to a solo version from Madonna we will get.

It sounds more convincing than the usual AI train wreck. Maybe this is how her verse was done ?

1 minute ago, LongIslandTea said:

2 days 1.4m?

Is that normal?

Not bad, but I would think as popular as The Weeknd is, the Youtube  streams  would be higher.  Also, there are two videos of this song on his channel.  One is just called "audio" and the other is called "visualizer".  Adding both of the streams, it's over 2 million. I'm sure if there was an actual official music video, the streams would be much more. 

5 minutes ago, tscott said:

Not bad, but I would think as popular as The Weeknd is, the Youtube  streams  would be higher.  Also, there are two videos of this song on his channel.  One is just called "audio" and the other is called "visualizer".  Adding both of the streams, it's over 2 million. I'm sure if there was an actual official music video, the streams would be much more. 

There's also this 2 audios, 235 & 39 thousands views 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic