POPULAR

11 minutes ago, Nemanja said:

Thanks for posting.  I still can't make out who is singing.  I'm assuming mostly it's The Weeknd, but it could very well be Madonna trading off versus or singing along. 

It does sound like a great sounding track though, from what I can tell.

23 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned that MIKE DEAN plays a supporting character in the series... a music producer, wow

Seth Meyers Omg GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

In another thread, when we first learned she was somehow involved in the Icon series, it was mentioned.  I know I mentioned it then as well.  But yes, he not only is a music producer for this, but a supporting character as well. 

14 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Madonna recently (very angrily) said in some interview that people need to pay high dollar in fees if they want her to “really sing” and that she’s tired of people/artists asking her to do so. 

When and where did she said this? 

From ATRL: "Description of the song: The song is really nice, has a beat that reminds a bit of pharrells/neptunes early 00's (and also a bit of Janet's island life lol). Madonna's vocals are a bit weird, her voices seems way too low/deep, but as a whole is a pretty good offering. summery, maybe the closest that the weeknd has been to a pop/mainstream sound in a while".

19 minutes ago, Karma said:

From ATRL: "Description of the song: The song is really nice, has a beat that reminds a bit of pharrells/neptunes early 00's (and also a bit of Janet's island life lol). Madonna's vocals are a bit weird, her voices seems way too low/deep, but as a whole is a pretty good offering. summery, maybe the closest that the weeknd has been to a pop/mainstream sound in a while".

Weird we are used to weird. Too low meaning in her lower register??? Good offering summery sounds good! We just need it to be played everywhere and loved by everyone!!! Just kidding but it would be, it would be so nice 🎶

33 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Weird we are used to weird. Too low meaning in her lower register??? Good offering summery sounds good! We just need it to be played everywhere and loved by everyone!!! Just kidding but it would be, it would be so nice 🎶

Some of her best songs are sung in a low register, so I'm all for it. 

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

As long as it’s not that awful lower register she’s been using off and on since 2008. Like the one during the Living for Love verses.

There’s just something about it that is so off-putting.

Was it the register or how her vocals were produced?

I prefer her lower register to her latest nasally higher register.

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

As long as it’s not that awful lower register she’s been using off and on since 2008. Like the one during the Living for Love verses.

There’s just something about it that is so off-putting.

No way. That. Is. Madonna. Go away Mother & Father high pitch voice. Gimme low low lowwwww

12 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

No way. That. Is. Madonna. Go away Mother & Father high pitch voice. Gimme low low lowwwww

I don’t want either lol

It’s a choice when she sings and she only started doing it in 2008.

Plenty of live performances she doesn’t sing like that and I can’t stand when she does it. I’m not sure how to explain it.

It’s definitely not the Crazy for You, Live to Tell, etc, register. Those vocals are warm. It’s just this way she has chosen to sing since Hard Candy.

• RUADJAI changed the title to POPULAR
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic