MDNA Vinyl Repress coming this July

thegoldencalf

5 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I guess universal is gonna try and cash in too - interesting this re issue seems out of step from the official campaign- it’s certainly not expanded or curated lol

But I believe these general re-issues happen from time to time with artists.  This was becoming harder and harder to get on Vinyl.  I am noticing the Rebel Heart Vinyl is getting sparse as well.  But I'm sure, it's no coincidence Universal/Interscope are trying to capitalize on her at the moment.

17 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I guess universal is gonna try and cash in too - interesting this re issue seems out of step from the official campaign- it’s certainly not expanded or curated lol

I think it’s a good idea, financially speaking, since vinyl is so popular at the moment.

It also helps us fans who weren’t able to get the vinyl back in the day get it now.

9 hours ago, Ayham said:

Well at least they did the RHT (great release) now this reissue… Warner did nothing except FEL… they could reissue Celebration but they didn’t… same with ROL & AL.

Universal did 2 vinyls in 4 years including this one. 

And Warner / Rhino has done more than FEL and you know that, you're just trying to create some story to match your feelings

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

Yes this one is independent of the Warner deal.

Basically they can release vinyl but cannot change the artwork or track list until 2025 when they hand over to Warner etc suspect we will see Rebel Heart reissued before 2025 too 

6 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

Why would we all need any reissue album, if we have this gem being repressed! 

You say that, but it's odd that Hard Candy and MDNA which are harshly criticized as her worst albums among her fans, yet both are quite expensive and hard to find on Vinyl.  Hard Candy specifically is selling for over $500.00 right now. And I've been notcing Rebel Heart is getting more and more scarce and expensive on Vinyl.

2 minutes ago, tscott said:

You say that, but it's odd that Hard Candy and MDNA which are harshly criticized as her worst albums among her fans, yet both are quite expensive and hard to find on Vinyl.  Hard Candy specifically is selling for over $500.00 right now. And I've been notcing Rebel Heart is getting more and more scarce and expensive on Vinyl.

The 2008 -2015 vinyls are interesting as they took years to sell out, were often discounted and there were no extra print runs as the demand wasn't there.

Even 12" singles like Miles Away sat on eBay for years for $5-10  and now https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/1648464?ev=rb

The reissues will be good for fans who for whatever reason skipped the releases at the time or hadn't started collecting vinyl yet.

It's a no brainer to reissue Celebration so hopefully not too far away

19 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Universal did 2 vinyls in 4 years including this one. 

And Warner / Rhino has done more than FEL and you know that, you're just trying to create some story to match your feelings

I’m not creating anything… I know they did some releases for sure but if you think about the stuff they did you feel it’s pretty useless releases (in general) except AL Mixshow & for sure FEL… but those past 3 years were not promising as it sounds in the announcement. I feel Interscope just did what fans really want… just imagine if Warner did a reissue for Celebration instead of FEL?!! Or HC at the 15th anniversary… or reissuing her 3 GH albums in new packaging especially for this tour won’t be cool?

7 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

The 2008 -2015 vinyls are interesting as they took years to sell out, were often discounted and there were no extra print runs as the demand wasn't there.

Even 12" singles like Miles Away sat on eBay for years for $5-10  and now https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/1648464?ev=rb

The reissues will be good for fans who for whatever reason skipped the releases at the time or hadn't started collecting vinyl yet.

Yes agree - so interesting how that worked - last couple of years second hand vinyl really took off! I was shocked at how much I was able to sell my Kylie Aphrodite vinyl - at the time I bought it just on a whim lol 

10 minutes ago, Ayham said:

I’m not creating anything… I know they did some releases for sure but if you think about the stuff they did you feel it’s pretty useless releases (in general) except AL Mixshow & for sure FEL… but those past 3 years were not promising as it sounds in the announcement. I feel Interscope just did what fans really want… just imagine if Warner did a reissue for Celebration instead of FEL?!! Or HC at the 15th anniversary… or reissuing her 3 GH albums in new packaging especially for this tour won’t be cool?

Those things would be nice however the statement that Universal are working harder was wrong etc

6 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Yes agree - so interesting how that worked - last couple of years second hand vinyl really took off! I was shocked at how much I was able to sell my Kylie Aphrodite vinyl - at the time I bought it just on a whim lol 

How much???

1 hour ago, GregVsMatt said:

I'm glad for these re-issues and like you hope Celebration isn't far behind.  One can hope that maybe with Celebration tour, Warner and her team are working of a special re-issue.  We'll just wait and see, but I won't hold my breath. 

I guess with Vinyl being quite popular again, these old releases that seemed doom to sell among original pressings, are see new life again.  I'm just happy I purchased all of them when they first were released except for Celebration. I kick myself for not doing so back then. 

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

Would be cool if they released it in the colors of the artwork ! 

Totally would love this, but if I read what @GregVsMattposted earlier correctly, I believe they aren't allowed to change anything. They can only re-issue, but not change the cover, etc?  Is that correct Matt or were you referring to Warner?