MDNA Vinyl Repress coming this July

thegoldencalf

15 minutes ago, Markdonna said:

There is a lot of great songs on this record.  I’M A SINNER. LOVE SPENT. FALLING FREE. I simply don’t get the HATE for this record.  

Don't forget "Beautiful Killer" , "Masterpiece", "Gang Bang" and "I'm Addicted".  In fact, "I'm Addicted" was the one song most fans loved the most about this album as well as "Beautiful Killer".

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

This is a non sequitur... (- Hi, what time is it. - I bring apples.)

Never mind....

If you're going to end your response with 'never mind...', perhaps it wasn't worth posting in the first place?

And look at tscott supporting your posts, just because I gave him a little bit of mild feedback two days ago... Humans!

3 hours ago, tscott said:

Totally would love this, but if I read what @GregVsMattposted earlier correctly, I believe they aren't allowed to change anything. They can only re-issue, but not change the cover, etc?  Is that correct Matt or were you referring to Warner? 

They can change the colour of the vinyl but not the artwork or tracklist - they can also issue an album on vinyl from a cd - again same tracklist and artwork as we saw with RH live last year.

Warner, prior to the deal, had the same restrictions which is why before the deal, we only got different coloured vinyl with the existing artwork and track-list.

19 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

They can change the colour of the vinyl but not the artwork or tracklist - they can also issue an album on vinyl from a cd - again same tracklist and artwork as we saw with RH live last year.

Warner, prior to the deal, had the same restrictions which is why before the deal, we only got different coloured vinyl with the existing artwork and track-list.

Thanks.  Always appreciate your posts.  So informative!

Fans wanted HC/Celebration/MDNA LP to be reissued so bad JUST because the resell price is high.

If it's M/LAV/TB/WTG/LAP/IB/TIC/E/BS/STR/ROL/M/AL/COADF reissue, the same group of fans wouldn't care much or would even spew venom on such release 'cos the resell price of these LP are dirt cheap.

Only those hardcore fans who has been collecting vinyl since day one (Not those just hopping onto the vinyl buying trend wagon to get a quick buck fans ) would care to collect based on the different colored variations & stickers.

12 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

It’s because vinyl collecting wasn’t trendy back in 2012 the way it is today.

It’s certainly not because of the sound quality.

I guess cassette tapes will hit hard next year.

What about RH LP?

Now it's sold out / back order for months everywhere AFTER 8 long years and the resell price is > 50 euro.

Just wait till it disappear completely, those who missed it will start crying for reissue.

I have no idea how ppl would miss out this LP cos it's being released during "vinyl collecting" trend and had been on shelves for 8 years.

4 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

Fans wanted HC/Celebration/MDNA LP to be reissued so bad JUST because the resell price is high.

If it's M/LAV/TB/WTG/LAP/IB/TIC/E/BS/STR/ROL/M/AL/COADF reissue, the same group of fans wouldn't care much or would even spew venom on such release 'cos the resell price of these LP are dirt cheap.

Only those hardcore fans who has been collecting vinyl since day one (Not those just hopping onto the vinyl buying trend wagon to get a quick buck fans ) would care to collect based on the different colored variations & stickers.

I'm in my 36th year of collecting M and yes love all the variations - FEL was an epic release for collectors with so many editions to collect and yes I chase down old vinyl with unique hype stickers.

It's all supply and demand - fans in 2008-2012 were obviously not too interested in buying M vinyl (even when it was discounted) and since the vinyl resurgence, the prices have jumped, this also applies to the 1994-1998 German pressings etc

The main reason fans wanted HC, Celebration and MDNA reissued is to complete their collections and pay only the retail price. 

My advice is buy it when it is released where possible - we all saw what happened with the FEL 6LP box set last year etc 

1 minute ago, GregVsMatt said:

It's all supply and demand - fans in 2008-2012 were obviously not too interested in buying M vinyl (even when it was discounted) and since the vinyl resurgence, the prices have jumped, this also applies to the 1994-1998 German pressings etc

The main reason fans wanted HC, Celebration and MDNA reissued is to complete their collections and pay only the retail price. 

I believe the high resell price is main factor rather than "completing" their collection.

Otherwise some wouldn't have "missed" out RH LP (released during vinyl collecting trend) if "completing" the collection is so important to them.

1 minute ago, GregVsMatt said:

My advice is buy it when it is released where possible - we all saw what happened with the FEL 6LP box set last year etc 

I remember some fans complained about FEL 6 LP Red/Black boxset was too expensive and will wait for discount instead of getting it immediately. :lol:

Luckily there's a rainbow version now but I believe some would still "wait and see" since it's not limited.

4 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

I believe the high resell price is main factor rather than "completing" their collection.

Otherwise some wouldn't have "missed" out RH LP (released during vinyl collecting trend) if "completing" the collection is so important to them.

I remember some fans complained about FEL 6 LP Red/Black boxset was too expensive and will wait for discount instead of getting it immediately. :lol:

Luckily there's a rainbow version now but I believe some would still "wait and see" since it's not limited.

I think it's a case of 'buy what you love' - it's not wise to wait of course 

9 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

But if they changed the color it would have a different catalogue number. According to iMusic it’s the same as the original so it would be standard black. 😢