MDNA Vinyl Repress coming this July

thegoldencalf

45 minutes ago, steady75 said:

This one has Rescue Me listed on the sleeve and record but has a note saying it's not actually on the vinyl. scam

Yes there are few in green and pink all missing the second verse:

https://www.discogs.com/release/2831480-Madonna-The-Immaculate-Collection

And this one with the cutout missing them too:

https://www.discogs.com/release/2456431-Madonna-GHV2-Greatest-Hits-Volume-2

The super mini edits

2 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

Better than paying 500 euro right?

It’s better, that’s for sure. But I’m talking about the price of a regular record with nothing special in it. I don’t care if it’s a Madonna or Michael Jackson album, or if the original release is sold out. The price is too high. Of course I would spend the 60 euros if I didn’t have the original release. But that wouldn’t change my thinking that the price is very high for a regular album. 

13 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

It’s better, that’s for sure. But I’m talking about the price of a regular record with nothing special in it. I don’t care if it’s a Madonna or Michael Jackson album, or if the original release is sold out. The price is too high. Of course I would spend the 60 euros if I didn’t have the original release. But that wouldn’t change my thinking that the price is very high for a regular album. 

Janet Jackson's reissues are selling at 80. 

60 for M is a steal.

32 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

Janet Jackson's reissues are selling at 80. 

60 for M is a steal.

And does the fact that Janet Jackson sells it for 80 euros make the price of MDNA good? I’m sorry, I don’t understand. A price higher than 40 euros for a regular double album is a rip-off. The price of Erotica reissue and FEL (2 LP edition) was approximately 40 euros.

16 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

I believe the high resell price is main factor rather than "completing" their collection.

Otherwise some wouldn't have "missed" out RH LP (released during vinyl collecting trend) if "completing" the collection is so important to them.

That's not exactly true.  I stopped buying Vinyl back in 1990.  I've always wanted Madonna's music on physical formats whether it was Vinyl, cassette or CD.  Though foolishly, I followed the trend of buying music on CD in the early days, and obviously Vinyls were becoming more and more obsolete.  When Hard Candy was released, I started buying both her Vinyls and CDs. Though, I passed on buying Celebration on Vinyl. Over a year ago, I decided I wanted to start buying Vinyl for all artists I like again, which prompted me to go back and buy what I didn't have of Madonna on Vinyl as well.  I also replaced some of the original vinyls I had due to Vinyl are made in better quality now. For the most part, I have been able to collect everything but the Celebration album. It's just more lately Vinyl has become outrageously expensive.  Why is that?  Because there is a huge demand for Vinyl.  While I agree some are doing it because it's the trend, but I hardly believe people are doing it because it's expensive.  I mean; if you are complaining about the prices and hesitating to purchase, then why even purchase it?  Not to say some aren't snatching them up, hoping they can't resell them for a quick buck, but there are fans such as myself who are going back and re-collecting and enjoying Vinyl again. 

I remember some fans complained about FEL 6 LP Red/Black boxset was too expensive and will wait for discount instead of getting it immediately. :lol:

That's true and that is why they missed out on the first release of the 6LP.  And those who wait any longer, will miss out again.  This Rainbow set will not see a discounted price.  Eventually, the Rainbow set will be sold out everywhere. 

Luckily there's a rainbow version now but I believe some would still "wait and see" since it's not limited.

Again, you are correct.  But those people will eventually miss out because the Rainbow LP may not be as limited as the first release of the 6LP set, but as we can see, many of the stores are out of stock now.  And eventually, they will no longer be available anywhere. 

52 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

And does the fact that Janet Jackson sells it for 80 euros make the price of MDNA good? I’m sorry, I don’t understand. A price higher than 40 euros for a regular double album is a rip-off. The price of Erotica reissue and FEL (2 LP edition) was approximately 40 euros.

You dun get the joke :seeno:

25 minutes ago, SalvoPK said:

I hope it drops in price drastically like RHT vinyl... it cost around 70-80€ in the beginning, and now it's less than half from amazon etc

I bought it for 30 Euros before the release day: 

But you are right. The first price was 80 euros months before the release.

CD’s are a trend :laughing:

Wether you prefer the warm sound of vinyl or the sound of a CD, it’s indisputable that CD’s feature the best sound on a media format.

Theres a reason they don’t use vinyl recordings on Blu-ray, DVD, etc. as the source of the sound for films.

Vinyl, right now, is a trend.

21 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

CD’s are a trend :laughing:

Wether you prefer the warm sound of vinyl or the sound of a CD, it’s indisputable that CD’s feature the best sound on a media format.

Theres a reason they don’t use vinyl recordings on Blu-ray, DVD, etc. as the source of the sound for films.

Vinyl, right now, is a trend.

I don't know much about if that statement is true,homever i know that in 3rd world countries this is not a affordable reality

9 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I don't know much about if that statement is true,homever i know that in 3rd world countries this is not a affordable reality

Vinyl is completely a trend and any type of music where you can hear crackling is not going to be the best quality there is.

I refuse to give in to this current trend of vinyl which is ripping everyone off for something that just 10 years ago was going for less than $5 per vinyl.

I will only buy vinyl now from M and Janet. The two artists I collect.

7 hours ago, wonderboy said:

do you think this will lessen the collector value of the original pressing? I left mine sealed bcz I thought it would be valuable down the road, but now mabye it seems I should pop the seal & play it.... or buy the new pressing & open that one would make more sense I suppose.... IDK

There will definitely be a dip in price as sellers panic and lower the price and people that have been holding on to it list it for sale. But as long as there's a difference between the two, e.g. cat. no, matrix, label logo etc the original will mostly hold its price. 

If it's indistinguishable from the original then game over. 

36 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Vinyl is completely a trend and any type of music where you can hear crackling is not going to be the best quality there is.

I refuse to give in to this current trend of vinyl which is ripping everyone off for something that just 10 years ago was going for less than $5 per vinyl.

I will only buy vinyl now from M and Janet. The two artists I collect.

For a "trend" vinyl seems to be doing rather alright, given that's it's been around since 1948 if I'm not mistaken. Each to their own, but I listen to vinyl all the time and will take it over a CD any day. :)

29 minutes ago, kesiak said:

For a "trend" vinyl seems to be doing rather alright, given that's it's been around since 1948 if I'm not mistaken. Each to their own, but I listen to vinyl all the time and will take it over a CD any day. :)

Great post. Vinyl does go back a little further... as far as the 1880's. :)  The first long form Vinyl, more in the manner we know them came around in 1930's.  But yeah, Vinyl has always been there, but by the 90's, CD took over.  It definitely provided a much clearer and superior sound to Vinyl at the time.  However, even in the 90's, various artists still released limited editions on Vinyl and they came at a hefty price then as well.  But what I had learned to come to appreciate about Vinyl in the last few years, is the music and vocals are closer to the way artists sound live, with a lossless format that isn't overly compressed. And most songs are mastered with better dynamics than CD or digital, so you hear more of the dynamic range on Vinyl.  Also, many who prefer Vinyl usually have nothing to do with actual sound quality and have more to do with the tactile characteristics of vinyl – its “feel” – like larger artwork and its required playback ritual.  Some people may complain about the rumble of the record or the crackling sound from the reacord, but usually the rumbling sound is coming from a cheap record player.  Pops and clicks are often not audible during a song on a well-maintained record.  These days, Vinyls are more durable anyway, so I rarely come across a bad sounding Vinyl. But yeah, there is a little more to playing, enjoying and caring for Vinyl.  Therefore, anyone who has deep appreciation for music and Vinyl will have no problem in enjoying their records for years to come. 

What I am seeing lately is not necessarily a trend, but a huge comeback for Vinyl.  More and more people are buying record players and enjoying Vinyl. So the demand is high and like anything these days, when there is a huge demand, the more it cost the consumer.  I won't disagree that some pricing of these vinyls are getting outrageous, but I'm sure it's not cheap to produce vinyl either.