MDNA Vinyl Repress coming this July

thegoldencalf

53 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

Maybe they can try housing CD in vinyl packaging.

I was thinking about this the other day and it’s absolutely a credible idea. 
Most people collect the vinyls for the artwork and in terms of sustainability vinyl is a bad thing. Particularly double discs for a single album. I think the vinyl format will change. The American Life mix show is a great example. I think that is a format that is sorta new. EP’s. Double vinyl is such a chore. Who wants to flip a record three times to play an album in the year of our Lord 2023. 

I still buy double vinyls and I love a gatefold but I think the format will have to change. 
Myabe the increased price will mean more curated purchases for essentials. The thing is it all seems great now but those 16 year old Taylor Swift fans will likely not hold on to thier 15 colour variants of midnight and instead we’ll see them in charity shop bins in 20 years time when they’ve divorced and had to downsize. 
You’re On Your On Kid etc. 

The cost of being a music fan now is shocking and niche. Sure you can pay £10 a month and have all the worlds music in your hands but if you like a few artists and want to invest a concert ticket and one vinyl probably costs you as much as your annual subscription if not double. 

The industry is winning on all terms now. Concert tickets are through the roof. Vinyl is through the roof and they’re getting money for streams, more radio stations than ever and more tv shows for placements. Artists are still getting screwed and the labels are making more than ever while budgets are slashed across the board even when artists are recording from cheap home set ups and not paying a fortune for studio time. It’s madness. 

22 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I was thinking about this the other day and it’s absolutely a credible idea. 
Most people collect the vinyls for the artwork and in terms of sustainability vinyl is a bad thing. Particularly double discs for a single album. I think the vinyl format will change. The American Life mix show is a great example. I think that is a format that is sorta new. EP’s. Double vinyl is such a chore. Who wants to flip a record three times to play an album in the year of our Lord 2023. 

I still buy double vinyls and I love a gatefold but I think the format will have to change. 
Myabe the increased price will mean more curated purchases for essentials. The thing is it all seems great now but those 16 year old Taylor Swift fans will likely not hold on to thier 15 colour variants of midnight and instead we’ll see them in charity shop bins in 20 years time when they’ve divorced and had to downsize. 
You’re On Your On Kid etc. 

The cost of being a music fan now is shocking and niche. Sure you can pay £10 a month and have all the worlds music in your hands but if you like a few artists and want to invest a concert ticket and one vinyl probably costs you as much as your annual subscription if not double. 

The industry is winning on all terms now. Concert tickets are through the roof. Vinyl is through the roof and they’re getting money for streams, more radio stations than ever and more tv shows for placements. Artists are still getting screwed and the labels are making more than ever while budgets are slashed across the board even when artists are recording from cheap home set ups and not paying a fortune for studio time. It’s madness. 

CD housing in vinyl sleeve, it means we can finally have vinyl size booklet without damaging the CD itself.

1 hour ago, LongIslandTea said:

Maybe they can try housing CD in vinyl packaging.

Or at least a 7" packing would be cool! Great idea, I have Rihanna’s Loud album in something very similar to a vinyl package! For years I thought it was vinyl!!! 😂😭

11 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

Oh, vinyl has been selling well since 1990?

You are arguing that vinyl hasn’t turned back into a trend over the last few years and that vinyl has always been this popular? :thinker:

I know what you mean, but for me something like LaserDiscs were a trend, MiniDiscs - they popped up and were gone in a flash. Regardless of fluctuation in popularity, if something's been around for a century, like vinyl has, it's difficult to dismiss it as a mere trend in my opinion. I think the steady rise of vinyl sales in the past decade shows that, as convenient and brilliant as streaming is, humans long for something tangible. As our world becomes more digital, we seem to long for analog experience more and more. And not just when it comes to music formats, same is true when you look at the resurgence in analog photography. And just like with music, it's not so much about which medium is "better" - each provides a different experience. :)

5 hours ago, kesiak said:

I know what you mean, but for me something like LaserDiscs were a trend, MiniDiscs - they popped up and were gone in a flash. Regardless of fluctuation in popularity, if something's been around for a century, like vinyl has, it's difficult to dismiss it as a mere trend in my opinion. I think the steady rise of vinyl sales in the past decade shows that, as convenient and brilliant as streaming is, humans long for something tangible. As our world becomes more digital, we seem to long for analog experience more and more. And not just when it comes to music formats, same is true when you look at the resurgence in analog photography. And just like with music, it's not so much about which medium is "better" - each provides a different experience. :)

Nicely put.  So agree.  If anything, it's a resurgence or a comrback for Vinyl.  It never went away.  And most definitely Vinyl provides a very different experience for listeners.  I like the fact it's more tangible than just playing a digital file.  I prefer to physically own what I like. Nothing like being in a remote area without wi-fi, with a nice record player, playing your favorite vinyl.  :luv:

4 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Digital files say hi,homever i understand your point

One could say the same of CD.  And I'm not knocking any other format.  That isn't my intention.  I love all the choices we have today. I play all formats and stream as well, but there are times and days I just like to put on a vinyl.  It is a different experience. 

Anymore info or news about this flying around out there?!? I was SOOOOO freakin excited and then BAM! - nothing! I need a preorder link or just some confirmation that this is really happening PLEASE! I can't believe this isn't making more news among fans seeing how hard this vinyl is to come by nowadays!!! Someone who knows something please spill it LOL! 

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

He meant Madonna.com US store but I think the original poster meant US stores in general.

Im assuming we will be seeing it posted on more sites like RHT as the release date gets closer.

Yeah I’m talking about US stores, never said anything about Madonna.com

These are the only ones I could find:

https://www.impericon.com/us/madonna-mdna-2-vinyl.html

https://www.grooves-inc.com/madonna-mdna-universal-lp-pZZa1-1897534397.html?currency=USD&language=en&_z=us&gclid=CjwKCAjwsvujBhAXEiwA_UXnAHZqLxuyiBAKcPeVF0lEIk_I0YQjLcabeL4J6p25EJKmrIs0hCR4tBoCXDsQAvD_BwE

16 minutes ago, tscott said:

Wow! That price.  $119 in AUD.  That's like $80 U.S. dollars but even that seems steep.  I see the CD isn't that cheap either. 

Yea, they are sometimes really expensive and sometimes not - their pre order for the rainbow color vinyl is cheaper than Warner Music Australia by about $20 (when you factor in delivery).

But, when you factor the exchange rate it's what it would cost maybe even cheaper if you got it form a US store.