The Weeknd Teases Viewers Will Hear ‘More of’ Madonna in ‘The Idol’

proxy

Madonna just posted in her IG stories an interview with The Weeknd, stating he always wanted to work on an album with Madonna.  Madonna scribed over it, in red.... "LET'S GOOOOO"

IMG_7366.jpeg

I'm all for it.  I thought for years the two would create great music together.  I say, 'bring it'.  :luv:

28 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Please no.

Abel uses multiple people to produce his songs.

If you want that sound, you’d have to bring in all the other producers that mold his sound.

Yes to Stuart and Max, though.

who produced blinding lights , save you tears , in your eyes , take my breath ? those song are the best of the weekend 

1 hour ago, blondebenji said:

max martin

I think what is great is that with Max Martin who also has worked with The Weeknd, we definitely could get an infectious 80s sound.  The Weekend definitely has his unique style, so that is what may shine through.  It doesn't matter who else has helped him horn in his sound, because he's definitely in charge, and capable of bringing in a great sound all by himself.  Add in Madonna, and then you really have something interesting.  Then if Stuart entered the picture, WOW!  Then again, it could be a disaster.  But we all know, everyone of these people have been able to produce something huge over decades.  So why not join forces and see what they can put together. 

I don't see Stuart Price joining this group of people, but it's wishful thinking.  But it's not far fetched to have Madonna, The Weeknd, Max Martin and whomever else join them to produce something really great.  I'm all open for it.  Endless possibilities. 

3 minutes ago, MadonnasPussy said:

I'm all for Madonna doing more with The Weeknd, Max Martin and Sam Smith....

But for the love of God keep Playboi Carti AWAY!  Kill it with fire before it lays eggs !

I now detest Playboi Carti as much as That Cursed Madonna DJ who remixed Levitating

Yea, I’m not quite sure why they thought they needed to add that rapper to the track.

I don’t think he brought anything to the table.

11 minutes ago, MadonnasPussy said:

I'm all for Madonna doing more with The Weeknd, Max Martin and Sam Smith....

But for the love of God keep Playboi Carti AWAY!  Kill it with fire before it lays eggs !

I now detest Playboi Carti as much as That Cursed Madonna DJ who remixed Levitating

I have to agree Playboi Carti isn't my cup of tea, but I'm sure it offers another audience of people by doing so, which definitely helps brings exposure to Madonna and The Weeknd.  No matter how awful one thinks he is, I'm sure his presence will bring in a few new fans for The Weeknd and Madonna.  For some, they may think it doesn't matter, but it's inclusions like this who help bring new fans to other artists. 

10 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I love love how her voice sounds in popular, I don’t have an issue with the effects on her voice in Madame X, but here she sounds beautiful 

I agree.  Her voice sounds great on The Weeknd track.  It's very different than what we've heard in a number of years.  :)

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Please yes more collaboration with The Weeknd. Let him co-write/co-produce an album with her. It’s the perfect mix.

Bring in Max Martin too. And the person who produced Vulgar and Unholy. Perfection.

I’m excited about the Max Martin collaboration!

14 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I love love how her voice sounds in popular, I don’t have an issue with the effects on her voice in Madame X, but here she sounds beautiful 

To me her voice sounds bad like the style she is choosing to sing in.

Shes done it a lot since Hard Candy and even more starting with MDNA.

It’s just very unpleasant to my ear.

Madonna not getting a writing credit on this track says a lot to me. But I am glad she is getting attention. :)

1 hour ago, DanM said:

My only problem is any 80s sound. It’s been overdone in the past years by everyone. Time to relive the 90s, especially since Madonna imo never really made a 90s dance album (except for some part of Erotica).

Well, it doesn't necessarily have to have an 80's sound.  It's just The Weeknd has this way with some of his songs, they sound similar to certain 80's song.  But hey, she said she was interested in revisiting house music, so that could work for me too. :)

3 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

An album with The Weeknd and Max Martin would be MASSIVE.

Please no.

Why do people keep acting like Abel is Babyface, Prince or MJ?

He doesn’t produce or write his own songs. He co-writes and co-produces with many other writers and producers.

Are we just wanting his name attached to sell the record? Maybe I am just not understanding this correctly.

1 hour ago, DanM said:

My only problem is any 80s sound. It’s been overdone in the past years by everyone. Time to relive the 90s, especially since Madonna imo never really made a 90s dance album (except for some part of Erotica).

But this Popular track doesn’t sound 80’s at all.

It’s very 2005-2008.