Vulgar VS Poplular

Donna

Popular VS Vulgar  

80 members voted

1. 1. Which of the two songs do you enjoy more?

• 3 weeks later...

I voted for Popular because it is a song that overflows with quality and that I can sing in the street or listen to at high volume in my neighborhood without feeling ashamed of what others may say. Something that obviously does not happen with Vulgar.

But putting aside my musical preferences, I hope Madonna has learned a good lesson: in this music industry, it is important to stay current at all costs and she can only achieve this by collaborating with established artists or those who are in their best moment like The Weeknd or Sam Smith. Something that we can verify when we see how Madonna has successfully returned to the charts and to the radio stations that for so many years seemed to be prohibited from entering. Something that was never going to happen when collaborating with artists like Saucy Santana, Sickick or Tokischa whose useless collaborations have meant more losses than gains in time and money.

I hope that from now on Madonna collaborates with artists that are worth and that will help her recover that long-awaited transcendence that many music legends have progressively lost and that to this day it is impossible for them to recover. In the case of Madonna, her versatility, her adaptation to any musical genre and her unique personality are her best weapons and what sets her apart from other music legends who only come back to life from time to time thanks to a musical collaboration with someone relevant and then they return to their "sarcophagi" because they lack continuity and persistence, something that Madonna has plenty of and that can help her to recover that long-awaited validity and transcendence but permanently and, definitely, collaborations with shoddy artists will never help her achieve this goal.

1 hour ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I voted for Popular because it is a song that overflows with quality and that I can sing in the street or listen to at high volume in my neighborhood without feeling ashamed of what others may say. Something that obviously does not happen with Vulgar.

But putting aside my musical preferences, I hope Madonna has learned a good lesson: in this music industry, it is important to stay current at all costs and she can only achieve this by collaborating with established artists or those who are in their best moment like The Weeknd or Sam Smith. Something that we can verify when we see how Madonna has successfully returned to the charts and to the radio stations that for so many years seemed to be prohibited from entering. Something that was never going to happen when collaborating with artists like Saucy Santana, Sickick or Tokischa whose useless collaborations have meant more losses than gains in time and money.

I hope that from now on Madonna collaborates with artists that are worth and that will help her recover that long-awaited transcendence that many music legends have progressively lost and that to this day it is impossible for them to recover. In the case of Madonna, her versatility, her adaptation to any musical genre and her unique personality are her best weapons and what sets her apart from other music legends who only come back to life from time to time thanks to a musical collaboration with someone relevant and then they return to their "sarcophagi" because they lack continuity and persistence, something that Madonna has plenty of and that can help her to recover that long-awaited validity and transcendence but permanently and, definitely, collaborations with shoddy artists will never help her achieve this goal.

So, basically you want her to be a material gworl. 

On 6/22/2023 at 9:05 PM, Mden said:

So, basically you want her to be a material gworl. 

Gworl? The correct thing is to say Girl.

I'm sorry, in my lexicon I only use the formal words that are in the dictionaries and not words invented by some social group or by some sporadically famous artist because I am against the distortion of language and even more so when the use of these invented words is so widespread that those of us who are against it have to learn their meaning, very reluctantly indeed. Like for example the song Hung Up on Tokischa: the part that Tokischa sings, supposedly in Spanish, is a set of slang and invented and horrible words that you would practically have to travel to this woman's country and learn this “language” or slang to be able to understand what she is “singing”.

It is the unpleasant part of this new way of socializing using smartphones or social networks: everyone writes in a criminal way without caring about the spelling rules or using bad words without the slightest qualms. I at least have the pride of never having written those offensive words like the f word, the c word or the b word because I have to be consistent with myself and if I don't use them in real life I shouldn't use them in this virtual world that also somehow it represents me although in an immaterial way.