Favorite You Can Dance track

Honey Little

I love Spotlight, but Where's the Party.... classic and I'm hoping it will appear on this latest tour, even though it's probably a forgotten classic of hers.  It may never been a single, but it was heavily played on radio even on some random stations I never expected into the 2000's. It was their Friday song.  A lot of the 80's and early 90's fans and general public knew of "Where's the Party", but I suspect it isn't as well known now.   The whole YCD album didn't leave my walkman in '87-88 for months!   So obsessed with this album back in the day.

52 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

In fact my favorite is the unreleased "Where's The Party (Instrumental Remix):

Use the CUE file to play the FLAC file

Track 01: Shep Pettibone Remix

Track 02: Instrumental Remix

Thank you!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Into the Groove

I LOVE the c-c-c-c-cmon! And the house piano.

It brings a whole new feeling to the song. And it was so nice to get a 12" version of this song which is absolutely one of her greatest hits.

I used to loatheeeeee this remix lol

I think it’s fun for a remix for 1987, but I wish we would have got a 12” version of the original 1985 version.

They both have such a different sound to them.

While I have my favorites, but the whole compilation EP is definitely her best of the 80's.  Those of us who were there to experience the success and the fact that Spotlight was only a Japan single was a huge disappointment, but know that it still was a song that got radio airplay and some success. But between all the True Blue success and Who's That Girl, it definitely was overwhelming at the time. Very few people were able to keep having successful project back to back.  Unfortunately even Madonna suffered from too much exposure and thar was even a concern two years earlier in 1985 when Into The Groove was released and the record company was trying to push Angel as the current single.

13 minutes ago, tscott said:

While I have my favorites, but the whole compilation EP is definitely her best of the 80's.  Those of us who were there to experience the success and the fact that Spotlight was only a Japan single was a huge disappointment, but know that it still was a song that got radio airplay and some success. But between all the True Blue success and Who's That Girl, it definitely was overwhelming at the time. Very few people were able to keep having successful project back to back.  Unfortunately even Madonna suffered from too much exposure and thar was even a concern two years earlier in 1985 when Into The Groove was released and the record company was trying to push Angel as the current single.

Fortunately in Spain "Spotlight" was promo single and it was played on repeat. In fact, "You Can Dance" was the first album I bought, thanks to the promotion of "Spotlight".

5 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Fortunately in Spain "Spotlight" was promo single and it was played on repeat. In fact, "You Can Dance" was the first album I bought, thanks to the promotion of "Spotlight".

Similarly in the U.S., Spotlight got some radio airplay, but with no single it quickly got no attention. I remember by January and February of '88, radio was very willing to play Spotlight, but since there was no push and no single it quickly lost any attention.