is this your edit ?

15 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

In fact my favorite is the unreleased "Where's The Party (Instrumental Remix):

Use the CUE file to play the FLAC file

Track 01: Shep Pettibone Remix

Track 02: Instrumental Remix

is this your edit ?

1 minute ago, Aiwa08 said:

I never liked Everybody until the You Can Dance remix. It really enhances the original.

Same here... I wasn't a huge fan of the song at first.  I still wasn't big on it with YCD, but when I heard and seen her perform it on the Girlie Show, I fell in love with the song.

13 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I never liked Everybody until the You Can Dance remix. It really enhances the original.

Definitely.

It was such an enhancement to the original.

It was a perfect remix.

I have loved all live performances except the Girlie Show tour version.

It just doesn’t work for me.

My favorite performance of it is during the Virgin Tour and I loved the way she used the ‘dance and sing, get up and do your thing’ part at the start of her 1989/1990 Express Yourself performances.

i liked all of it except over and over - those remixes stank imo - of course spotlight is such a cute song and i love that unmixed outro on the vinyl - really hoping we can get @bertrand to sell his cd rip of that - i still dont get why physical attraction is on it - i would have replaced it with a new pettibone remix of angel or  lucky star :))

8 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

i liked all of it except over and over - those remixes stank imo - of course spotlight is such a cute song and i love that unmixed outro on the vinyl - really hoping we can get @bertrand to sell his cd rip of that - i still dont get why physical attraction is on it - i would have replaced it with a new pettibone remix of angel or  lucky star :))

You have to remember, she intended to release YOU CAN DANCE the previous Christmas season, but True Blue was still releasing singles, so they put it off for another year.  That project all started before True Blue was even released.  But I still get what you mean, because Angel and/or Lucky Star could go on there.  Though, for a Dance album, I don't see Angel working on it as well as the songs they did choose. 

7 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I like the Over and Over remix, but I agree that it is probably the weakest mix on the album.

19 minutes ago, tscott said:

You have to remember, she intended to release YOU CAN DANCE the previous Christmas season, but True Blue was still releasing singles, so they put it off for another year.  That project all started before True Blue was even released.  But I still get what you mean, because Angel and/or Lucky Star could go on there.  Though, for a Dance album, I don't see Angel working on it as well as the songs they did choose. 

Lucky Star and Angel couldn’t have been included because they only used songs that didn’t have remixes previously. And those songs got remixes. 

Just now, BuggedOut said:

But the Dub is a remix and one that I love!

Hardly. It’s the original instrumental with some vocals and slightly different mastering. Not enough to be an actual remix.

Now it’s true that Everybody was remixed by Rusty Egan in the UK but Madonna hated those mixes and ignored them.

1 minute ago, thegoldencalf said:

Hardly. It’s the original instrumental with some vocals and slightly different mastering. Not enough to be an actual remix.

Now it’s true that Everybody was remixed by Rusty Egan in the UK but Madonna hated those mixes and ignored them.

Yea, those Rusty Egan mixes aren’t very good, but they are official and I’d love to get them digitally.

4 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

Really?

I think it enhances the original and makes it better since it doesn’t sound much different from the LP version.

I love the Everybody mix!

It’s very different to the original. The remix takes away the rawness of the song and sounds over polished. I don’t hate it or anything, it works as part of YCD but the original is so much better.

8 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Yeah, I don't mind that they chose Physical Attraction, but why didn't they remix it? 

And Angel always needs more love!  Maybe not the best fit for YCD, but I would to see it get some attention again someday.

Fave YCD tracks are Everybody and Into the Groove.