Jump to content

The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)


Adonna
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 1/14/2024 at 2:58 PM, True Blue 84 said:

Good lord 😍 why didnt i ever seen this?

Based on this performance this is my favorite Frozen performance of all time, flawless from start to finish 👌She even sounds better than the Rainforest Benefit... 

 

Check out this one too

Her voice is always stronger at the beginning of a tour 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Homogenic79 said:

Lots of main floor seats opened up a few hours ago, and pit tickets. So many main floor seats suddenly available, currently $570. More keep getting added - just now as I was looking the 2 seats directly in front of the main catwalk just became available for 570. 

Now I'm depressed lol. I wouldve taken first row for 570. But I got lower bowl first row on aisle directly where she does OYH. $350 but I was thinking probably 800 today so I'm happy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OMG you guys I'm freaking out.

I've been to so few concerts and the prices look like I might be able to afford a seat. I've been a Madonna super fan for like 10+ years now.

Is vividseats legitimate?

And had Madonna been running late (by at least 30 minutes to an hour) almost every show? I have something I can't miss but if she runs late as I've heard it would be perfect for me.

Any advice from you more experienced concert goers would be appreciated! I may bite the bullet tonight and go!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nippi said:

OMG you guys I'm freaking out.

I've been to so few concerts and the prices look like I might be able to afford a seat. I've been a Madonna super fan for like 10+ years now.

Is vividseats legitimate?

And had Madonna been running late (by at least 30 minutes to an hour) almost every show? I have something I can't miss but if she runs late as I've heard it would be perfect for me.

Any advice from you more experienced concert goers would be appreciated! I may bite the bullet tonight and go!

No crowds yet. Come on down if you're in metro area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Nippi said:

OMG you guys I'm freaking out.

I've been to so few concerts and the prices look like I might be able to afford a seat. I've been a Madonna super fan for like 10+ years now.

Is vividseats legitimate?

And had Madonna been running late (by at least 30 minutes to an hour) almost every show? I have something I can't miss but if she runs late as I've heard it would be perfect for me.

Any advice from you more experienced concert goers would be appreciated! I may bite the bullet tonight and go!

So far in North America, the earliest she’s started is 9:50 (once) and the latest 10:50 (once). Most nights she’s started 10:20. Yes vivid seats is legit (like stubhub) but just watch for total price after their fees - sometimes cheaper in the end with Ticketmaster. Fingers crossed for you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Homogenic79 said:

I’ve heard for some events if you go to the Ticketmaster booth you can upgraded seats for a $10 fee. Not sure if it works but worth a shot!

Just found this, which says it is possible to upgrade to better seats! Run!!!

https://help.ticketmaster.com/hc/en-us/articles/9640332138001-Can-I-exchange-or-upgrade-my-tickets-

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've read your comments about her voice and want to share my thoughts, aware that it might upset many of you.

I want to start by saying that I had fun at the tour and went to see several shows, but we have to be objective

Anyone with a basic understanding of singing can see that Madonna has seriously neglected her vocal care. 

She's had her moments of good or excellent performances in the past... the last good one being the Prince tribute.

Presently, I believe her vocal quality right now is at its all-time worst.

 

Since 2018, she's been pretty bad live. Her current and last tour? It's all autotune and heavy backing vocals making her sound okay. But really, her real voice is not great. Some moments are okay (I Will Survive sometimes sounded good, sometimes just decent). 

And when she sounds good in other performances, it's usually the backing vocals doing the heavy lifting. If notice her real voice she sounds decent at best.

Bad Girl sound okay, but how would it sound with just her voice alone? I bet not so good.

Let's face it, finding singers as off-key as Madonna is a rarity these days. She's often out of tempo, can't control her voice, and has lost her musical edge. It’s just a fact.

I’m not saying she can't pull off a decent performance with some prep for it, even with no formal training. And if she got back to a vocal training road, she would surely get better. 

37 minutes ago, Lorx said:

Check out this one too

Her voice is always stronger at the beginning of a tour 

Watching this video, I wonder: could she possibly sing Frozen like this today, sans backing vocals or autotune? It seems nearly impossible. If she attempted it, the audience would probably bail, ears ringing. 

Anyway, this is a really good performance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Homogenic79 said:

I just called Ticketmaster to try to move my seats since better options at same price are now available, but they said they can’t do exchanges day of the concert. 

This place is full of rules that's for sure. Can't even get a cup of coffee and use bathroom at restaurants without surrendering keys, phone and scanning ticket. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Winn said:

This place is full of rules that's for sure. Can't even get a cup of coffee and use bathroom at restaurants without surrendering keys, phone and scanning ticket. 

What do you mean? There’s 4 of us and I have all the tickets on my phone - are they scanning bar codes beyond the entrance?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lorx said:

Check out this one too

Her voice is always stronger at the beginning of a tour 

I was in the pit for this Ahaheim (or as she called it) "The OC" show! I'd already been to the first LA show but won pit tix through MTV somehow. This tour was incredible. The Beast Within intro was so intense graphically and sonically. I think she could've sent everyone home after "Vogue" and nobody would've complained ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, FraP said:

I've read your comments about her voice and want to share my thoughts, aware that it might upset many of you.

I want to start by saying that I had fun at the tour and went to see several shows, but we have to be objective

Anyone with a basic understanding of singing can see that Madonna has seriously neglected her vocal care. 

She's had her moments of good or excellent performances in the past... the last good one being the Prince tribute.

Presently, I believe her vocal quality right now is at its all-time worst.

 

Since 2018, she's been pretty bad live. Her current and last tour? It's all autotune and heavy backing vocals making her sound okay. But really, her real voice is not great. Some moments are okay (I Will Survive sometimes sounded good, sometimes just decent). 

And when she sounds good in other performances, it's usually the backing vocals doing the heavy lifting. If notice her real voice she sounds decent at best.

Bad Girl sound okay, but how would it sound with just her voice alone? I bet not so good.

Let's face it, finding singers as off-key as Madonna is a rarity these days. She's often out of tempo, can't control her voice, and has lost her musical edge. It’s just a fact.

I’m not saying she can't pull off a decent performance with some prep for it, even with no formal training. And if she got back to a vocal training road, she would surely get better. 

Watching this video, I wonder: could she possibly sing Frozen like this today, sans backing vocals or autotune? It seems nearly impossible. If she attempted it, the audience would probably bail, ears ringing. 

Anyway, this is a really good performance.

Prince tribute an all time best? 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

Always  - never understand why they always film for the official recording usually at the end of the tour

I think it's mostly due to the flow and comfortability of the performers, making it a tighter and cleaner production that would look better visually.  Unfortunately by the time they do tend to film the shows, M's voice is a bit tired and it shows. But she seems to be doing okay so far, would have loved the Toronto show - that show was TIGHT.  Plus in the beginning of this tour  up to the US leg specifically, it was riddled with sound issues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use